Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Convince me that RT is "pro-BLM" and it isn't the case that RT is "pro chaos in America." Do you know how minorities are treated in Russia? Do you think there is a lot of "pro-BLM" messaging in terms of their domestic population?
    RT espouses leftist propaganda for the most part, much like TYT only with a pro-Russia bent. I'm still subbed to their main channel, but had to unsubscribe from their RTAmerica sub channel because it was sickeningly progressive. They hired people like the late Ed Schultz and had frequent guests like Stein and Chris Hedges. If there was a story that reflected negatively on BLM, chances are either RT wouldn't report it or it would be pretty accurate if they did. This was just an aside correction I thought I'd make on your part. Do I know how minorities are treated in Russia? Not really, do I need to? How is that relevant to anything I described about RT's YT channel and sub channels?
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian Theist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You used 'these protestors' twice so I didn't realize my comment was made ambiguous by your ambiguous comment.

Obviously I was only referring to the first 'these protestors' (i.e. those from the OP).
    Can I clarify, are you talking about the group at Capitol Hill in Seattle. I'm a bit confused by this conversation. Correct me if I'm wrong but are you saying the group at Capitol Hill don't exist?

As I mentioned in the other thread I created the LARPers at Capitol Hill have their own subreddit where they are talking about these things openly so I assure everyone in this thread that these people do exist.
    ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

3. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    People have property and businesses in there and they were abandoned by the tax-paid public servants and National Guard and left to the anarchists.
    EaOpBKgWkAAZ2Hx.jpg

Ye gads, the lawlessness is totally out of control. Somebody clutch their pearls some more, stat! Those anarchists are daring, daring to share books and sell coffee in the absence of law enforcement. It's the end of civilization as we know it!!!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    So, this isn't from a news organization. Where else have you seen this story?

I did some quick searching and nothing credible showed up. I think this would be big news so it should be reported *somewhere* other than Russian propaganda (rt.com), fringe websites, and a drunk (Gaetz).
    From the first two pages of a Google search: NYT, Seattle Times, Washington Post, Daily Hive, My Northewest, The Stranger, Komo News, Capitol Hill Seattle, Kiro7.com, The Hill.com, Reason.com, Fox News
    Last edited by Ronson; 06-11-2020 at 05:25 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post
    EaOpBKgWkAAZ2Hx.jpg

Ye gads, the lawlessness is totally out of control. Somebody clutch their pearls some more, stat! Those anarchists are daring, daring to share books and sell coffee in the absence of law enforcement. It's the end of civilization as we know it!!!

What if you owned a business there? Would you want that in an area at the mercy of ... who know who? You pay taxes, don't you?

And did you see their list of demands? It's a mile long. So regardless of how peacefully they are "portrayed" by sympathizers, they kidnapped a portion of a city.

8. Amen Darth Ovious, Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    RT espouses leftist propaganda for the most part, much like TYT only with a pro-Russia bent. I'm still subbed to their main channel, but had to unsubscribe from their RTAmerica sub channel because it was sickeningly progressive. They hired people like the late Ed Schultz and had frequent guests like Stein and Chris Hedges. If there was a story that reflected negatively on BLM, chances are either RT wouldn't report it or it would be pretty accurate if they did. This was just an aside correction I thought I'd make on your part. Do I know how minorities are treated in Russia? Not really, do I need to? How is that relevant to anything I described about RT's YT channel and sub channels?
    I stopped visiting the RT site as well because I don't trust them. I liked the fact they will report on news items that are blacked out (Tommy Robinson) or ignored in western media, but the hostile, anti-American slant was just too much.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Starlight View Post

So you support this: http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/sh...l=1#post747617
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by seer View Post
    Oh, I didn't know this story already came up in another thread. Oops.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Oh, I didn't know this story already came up in another thread. Oops.
    That's OK, it needs it own thread!