Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 334

Thread: Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

  1. #21
    tWebber Thoughtful Monk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Upstate New York
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    860
    Amen (Given)
    356
    Amen (Received)
    361
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I agree. It is absolute *madness* that armed protestors would take over a state capitol. We should just give 'em both barrels and let the gods sort it out.

    Attachment 45520

    BTW


    City Journal is a publication of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI), a leading free-market think tank. Are you interested in supporting the magazine? As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations in support of MI and City Journal are fully tax-deductible as provided by law (EIN #13-2912529).


    So, this isn't from a news organization. Where else have you seen this story?

    I did some quick searching and nothing credible showed up. I think this would be big news so it should be reported *somewhere* other than Russian propaganda (rt.com), fringe websites, and a drunk (Gaetz).
    Here's an article from the Seattle Times that was posted this morning:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ithout-police/


    You may have searched a little too soon. There now look to be multiple articles from multiple sources out there.

    "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

    "Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

  2. #22
    tWebber MaxVel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    It's hot!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,877
    Amen (Given)
    1472
    Amen (Received)
    2040
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    From the first two pages of a Google search: NYT, Seattle Times, Washington Post, Daily Hive, My Northewest, The Stranger, Komo News, Capitol Hill Seattle, Kiro7.com, The Hill.com, Reason.com, Fox News
    So... no credible sources, then?

    I mean, the NYT, WaPo, Fox News... basically propaganda outlets...
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

  3. Amen Ronson, Darth Ovious amen'd this post.
  4. #23
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    966
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    MSM downplays the antics of antifa and BLM, ESPECIALLY the latter. This wouldn't square with the positive PR spin of these particular leftist groups. Also, RT is pro-BLM.
    Yeah, it's strange. My wife was watching The Today Show this morning and they didn't say a word about this. My Internet homepage is Yahoo! (left-leaning news aggregate) and there's nothing there either. For some reason the Left media doesn't like this story. I guess they like the violence reports more because those get clicks and viewers, and clicks and viewers mean revenue?

  5. Amen Darth Ovious amen'd this post.
  6. #24
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,832
    Amen (Given)
    5615
    Amen (Received)
    23950
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    I agree. It is absolute *madness* that armed protestors would take over a state capitol. We should just give 'em both barrels and let the gods sort it out.

    Attachment 45520

    BTW


    City Journal is a publication of the Manhattan Institute for Policy Research (MI), a leading free-market think tank. Are you interested in supporting the magazine? As a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, donations in support of MI and City Journal are fully tax-deductible as provided by law (EIN #13-2912529).


    So, this isn't from a news organization. Where else have you seen this story?

    I did some quick searching and nothing credible showed up. I think this would be big news so it should be reported *somewhere* other than Russian propaganda (rt.com), fringe websites, and a drunk (Gaetz).
    And yet in the Michigan Right-Wing protests, there was no rioting, or looting, or destruction of property. Entirely peaceful. Nobody got hurt, no businesses were attacked. And most of the protestors did so from their cars in order to socially distance.

  7. Amen Darth Ovious, RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
  8. #25
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,272
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    From the first two pages of a Google search: NYT, Seattle Times, Washington Post, Daily Hive, My Northewest, The Stranger, Komo News, Capitol Hill Seattle, Kiro7.com, The Hill.com, Reason.com, Fox News
    Can you link one of those articles which reports the information you quoted in your OP?
    Last edited by DivineOb; 06-11-2020 at 08:00 AM.

  9. #26
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Atheist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,272
    Amen (Given)
    172
    Amen (Received)
    173
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    Here's an article from the Seattle Times that was posted this morning:
    https://www.seattletimes.com/seattle...ithout-police/


    You may have searched a little too soon. There now look to be multiple articles from multiple sources out there.

    Thanks. That article makes no reference to antifa, throwing bricks, a pitched battle with police etc. That's the part I find unbelievable wouldn't be reported elsewhere.

  10. #27
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    966
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Can you link one of those articles which reports the information you quoted in your OP?
    I'm not particularly interested in searching them to compare details.

    I already qualified the OP article as a dubious source as I never heard of it before. The link was emailed to me. You can reference something else.

  11. #28
    tWebber Darth Ovious's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Faith
    Christian Theist
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    1,529
    Amen (Given)
    1254
    Amen (Received)
    575
    So a twitter account called TheWholeStory has a video up showing an incident. You'll need to look it up yourself as the video had swearing in it which is against TWeb rules but I'll quote the synopsis.

    Policing in the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone by @RazSimone. There appear to be no body cameras, reports, or oversight and accountability. This was an attempt at de-escalation for spraying paint onto a building which resulted in an alleged assault.
    So in the video Raz Simone can be clearly heard saying the words "We are the police now". Oh well that just says it all really.
    ďI didnít go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly donít recommend Christianity.Ē - C.S. Lewis

  12. #29
    tWebber seer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    New England
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    27,904
    Amen (Given)
    2202
    Amen (Received)
    5776
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    Thanks. That article makes no reference to antifa, throwing bricks, a pitched battle with police etc. That's the part I find unbelievable wouldn't be reported elsewhere.
    Really, you find a left wing news paper painting it in a good light unusual? The fact is civil order has broken down, that is anarchy. Ask how the people who live and work in that area feel.
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

  13. #30
    tWebber Ronson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    966
    Amen (Given)
    148
    Amen (Received)
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Ovious View Post
    So a twitter account called TheWholeStory has a video up showing an incident. You'll need to look it up yourself as the video had swearing in it which is against TWeb rules but I'll quote the synopsis.

    So in the video Raz Simone can be clearly heard saying the words "We are the police now". Oh well that just says it all really.
    Watched it.

    Rather predictable, really. Nobody has authority. The people trying to stop the tagger have no authority and the tagger knows it, so he just ignores their pleas and continues vandalizing.

    Then it turns violent. The mob vs. the vandal. The vandal will probably get his friends and family to return so they can exact revenge. And then it becomes gang wars.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •