Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NASCAR bans confederate flag from all events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    And Abraham Lincoln's statue was vandalized by BLM supporters in London. I guess for them one dead white male is the same as any other dead white male and who cares about niggling details like the Emancipation Proclamation and other such nonsense.
    Actually, that story appears to have been a hoax:
    https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN23G24M

Comment

• Jimmy Kimmel announces leave from ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ after being embroiled in a blackface controversy

https://www.theblaze.com/news/jimmy-...ce-controversy
      Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Originally posted by seer View Post
        Jimmy Kimmel announces leave from ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ after being embroiled in a blackface controversy

The left is getting so pure that no one will be a member soon. I once saw a church purify itself out of existence.
        "For I desire mercy, not sacrifice, and acknowledgment of God rather than burnt offerings." Hosea 6:6

"Theology can be an intellectual entertainment." Metropolitan Anthony Bloom

Comment

Jimmy Kimmel announces leave from ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ after being embroiled in a blackface controversy

Once again, hung by his own noose.

Comment

I don't see how we are going to avoid a Civil War...
            Portland could have preemptively taken the statue down, as I've suggested they should do.

Comment

• Originally posted by Terraceth View Post
              Actually, that story appears to have been a hoax:
              https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-f...-idUSKBN23G24M
              Good to know although Boston is considering removing a statue of him:

Source: Boston considers removing Abraham Lincoln statue with freed slave

Boston’s mayor is in favor of taking down a local statue of President Abraham Lincoln standing before a freed black man, after a petition was launched for its removal, his office says.

Mayor Marty Walsh’s office added that the pol wants a community discussion about its future and whether a new statue commemorating the end of slavery should be commissioned to take its place, according to the Boston Globe.

The controversial statue, situated in the city’s Park Square, is a replica of the Emancipation Memorial in Washington and shows Lincoln with one hand raised above a kneeling man with broken shackles on his wrists.

The monument was intended to show Lincoln freeing the man from slavery, but a new petition argues that it “instead represents us still beneath someone else.

“It says that it’s a statue that’s supposed to represent freedom. But, to me, it represents submissiveness,” said Tory Bullock, who started the online petition, which had more than 8,300 signatures as of Monday.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                Good to know although Boston is considering removing a statue of him:

Source: Boston considers removing Abraham Lincoln statue with freed slave

Boston’s mayor is in favor of taking down a local statue of President Abraham Lincoln standing before a freed black man, after a petition was launched for its removal, his office says.

Mayor Marty Walsh’s office added that the pol wants a community discussion about its future and whether a new statue commemorating the end of slavery should be commissioned to take its place, according to the Boston Globe.

The controversial statue, situated in the city’s Park Square, is a replica of the Emancipation Memorial in Washington and shows Lincoln with one hand raised above a kneeling man with broken shackles on his wrists.

The monument was intended to show Lincoln freeing the man from slavery, but a new petition argues that it “instead represents us still beneath someone else.

“It says that it’s a statue that’s supposed to represent freedom. But, to me, it represents submissiveness,” said Tory Bullock, who started the online petition, which had more than 8,300 signatures as of Monday.

Source

© Copyright Original Source

Why not replace it with a version 2.0, where the freeman is standing up of equal height and dignity with Abraham Lincoln?

Comment

• For the life of me, I cannot keep Jimmy Kimmel and Jimmy Fallon straight.
                  "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

• A statue of former President Ulysses S. Grant-- the Union general who led his army to victory against the Confederacy during the Civil War-- was toppled on Friday as hundreds gathered in San Francisco to celebrate Juneteenth.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ulysses-g...-san-francisco
                    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

Comment

A statue of former President Ulysses S. Grant-- the Union general who led his army to victory against the Confederacy during the Civil War-- was toppled on Friday as hundreds gathered in San Francisco to celebrate Juneteenth.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/ulysses-g...-san-francisco
                      Eyup, take them down, and then we can save them for posterity. It will then be possible to decide whether it's better to put them back up, or stick them in museums.

Comment

• Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        Eyup, take them down, and then we can save them for posterity. It will then be possible to decide whether it's better to put them back up, or stick them in museums.
                        Why on God's green earth would you take down Grants statue? Never mind it is a lawless act.

Comment

Why on God's green earth would you take down Grants statue? Never mind it is a lawless act.
                          I think it is a fair point that we can't take down all statues. And there might not be any reason to take down that statue, on a case by case basis a city can make decisions about whether these statues warrants protection. Some colleges have preemptively taken down a lot of those confederate statues. That probably saved them!

Comment

I think it is a fair point that we can't take down all statues. And there might not be any reason to take down that statue, on a case by case basis a city can make decisions about whether these statues warrants protection. Some colleges have preemptively taken down a lot of those confederate statues. That probably saved them!
                            Grant was a Union General who won the war for the North thereby ending slavery. How is that offensive to anybody?

Comment

Grant was a Union General who won the war for the North thereby ending slavery. How is that offensive to anybody?
                              I have no idea, honestly.

Comment

I have no idea, honestly.
                                Because they are idiots with no understanding of history?

Comment