Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

NASCAR bans confederate flag from all events.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    Well, it is definitely a noose, a noose which, relatively speaking, takes a lot of effort to make. And when you factor in the knowledge that every other garage door there has only a knot for a handle, that makes it very suspiscious. Plus, if it's been there for 6 months as has been claimed, who put it there, why aren't they coming forward if there is nothing nefarious going on?
    No Jim. It is NOT a noose. They are two different knots. A noose would never work as a pull. And you are also wrong that this was the only stall with this bowline knot in it. The garage crews say it is used to grab with a pole to pull the door down. A noose knot would not work like that.
    That's what
    - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
    - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
    - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
      No Jim. It is NOT a noose. They are two different knots. A noose would never work as a pull. And you are also wrong that this was the only stall with this bowline knot in it. The garage crews say it is used to grab with a pole to pull the door down. A noose knot would not work like that.
      noose.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Mississipi legilature votes to remove the confederate flag from its state flag. The Republican Governor is expected to sign it. It's about time. Mississipi has the largest population of black people in the country.
        Last edited by JimL; 06-29-2020, 08:16 AM.

Comment

Mississipi legilature votes to remove the confederate flag from its state flag. The Republican Governor is expected to sign it. It's about time. Mississipi has the largest population of black people in the country.
          Better late than never I suppose.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Mississipi legilature votes to remove the confederate flag from its state flag. The Republican Governor is expected to sign it. It's about time. Mississipi has the largest population of black people in the country.
            So the Republicans took away another Democrat flag?
            Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

• Assaults Break Out As Catholics Defend Statue From Hundreds Threatening Destruction; Priest Offers ‘History Lesson’

https://www.dailywire.com/news/watch...history-lesson
              Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Wrong. Not even close. They actually rank #18. According to the Census bureau Texas, Florida, New York, Georgia, California, North Carolina, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, South Carolina, Alabama, and Tennessee all have more blacks living in their states than does "Mississipi" [sic]

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

A noose knot slips when pulled, so it would not work as a garage door pull. A bowline knot sticks where it is and makes a proper handle. It just isn't a noose, and can't be mistaken for one from a functional standpoint.
                  Here is a photo of it. Looks like a noose to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                    Wrong. Not even close. They actually rank #18. According to the Census bureau Texas, Florida, New York, Georgia, California, North Carolina, Illinois, Maryland, Virginia, Pennsylvania, Ohio, Louisiana, Michigan, New Jersey, South Carolina, Alabama, and Tennessee all have more blacks living in their states than does "Mississipi" [sic]
                    http://www.bing.com/search?q=states+...ion&FORM=QSRE1

Comment

• If they mean having the highest percentage they would be correct, if they mean by sheer numbers as you indicated then they rank #18th

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                        Here is a photo of it. Looks like a noose to me.

I haven't followed this case much at all, but that does look like noose. I wouldn't fault anyone for thinking it was a noose.

Comment

A noose knot slips when pulled, so it would not work as a garage door pull. A bowline knot sticks where it is and makes a proper handle. It just isn't a noose, and can't be mistaken for one from a functional standpoint.
                          No one who sees a noose is going to check to make sure it's functioning properly before saying "yep, it's a noose".

---

Glad the NASCAR thing turned out not to be racist-inspired.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            No one who sees a noose is going to check to make sure it's functioning properly before saying "yep, it's a noose".

---

Glad the NASCAR thing turned out not to be racist-inspired.
                            Yep, most people do not have extensive knowledge of knots, esp that there is a knot that looks pretty much just like a noose but really isn't.

Assuming of course it really wasnt.
                            My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment