Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump rally risk waivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Trump campaign just announced that the outdoor Tulsa event, which was expected to have around 40,000 people in attendance, has been cancelled since only a dozen or so people are in the audience (as of a few seconds ago, I count 15 on the live feed being shown on TV). They also announced that there is still "lots of room" if people want to attend the indoor rally. Supposedly, a million people preregistered for the event.

EDIT: The Trump campaign is blaming "the media and protestors" for the poor turnout.

UPDATE (7:06pm Eastern Time): The upper level of the arena is 90% empty. The Trump campaign just sent out the following message to the million people who preregistered for the event:

"The Great American Comeback Celebration's almost here. Doors are open at the BOK Centre. President Trump can't wait, there's still space."
    Last edited by Reepicheep; 06-20-2020, 06:13 PM.
    "My favorite color in the alphabet is three." - Donald J. Trump
    "The 'J' in my middle name stands for 'Jenius'" - Donald J. Trump

Comment

Originally posted by Reepicheep View Post
      The Trump campaign just announced that the outdoor Tulsa event, which was expected to have around 40,000 people in attendance, has been cancelled since only a dozen or so people are in the audience (as of a few seconds ago, I count 15 on the live feed being shown on TV). They also announced that there is still "lots of room" if people want to attend the indoor rally. Supposedly, a million people preregistered for the event.

EDIT: The Trump campaign is blaming "the media and protestors" for the poor turnout.

UPDATE (7:06pm Eastern Time): The upper level of the arena is 90% empty. The Trump campaign just sent out the following message to the million people who preregistered for the event:

"The Great American Comeback Celebration's almost here. Doors are open at the BOK Centre. President Trump can't wait, there's still space."
      $10 says he locks himself in his room afterwards and eats a few Big Macs to salve his wounded pride...

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        $10 says he locks himself in his room afterwards and eats a few Big Macs to salve his wounded pride...
        They mentioned on TV that around 45 minutes ago, Air Force 1 flew low over the arena. I wonder what Trump thought when he looked out the window and saw only a few dozen people standing around.

Comment

They mentioned on TV that around 45 minutes ago, Air Force 1 flew low over the arena. I wonder what Trump thought when he looked out the window and saw only a few dozen people standing around.
          Probably.. "Well, that's still more than Biden has"
          That's what
          - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
          - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
          - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
            Six campaign staffers tested positive before the rally. They were quarantined, but needless to say, this is very bad.
            Two more campaign staffers tested positive today, plus two members of the secret service, for a total of ten.

Comment

Two more campaign staffers tested positive today, plus two members of the secret service, for a total of ten.
              Any of them die?
              That's what
              - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
              - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
              - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment