Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump rally risk waivers.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    They aren't communists, they are more properly anarchist liberturdians. But even the libertarians are not claiming them. I was reading Dee Dee's face book and they all deny that these are really anarchist or libertarians.

Seems like nobody wants to claim these nuts.
    Maybe true, but at least you recognize that they aren't communists. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Maybe true, but at least you recognize that they aren't communists. Thank you.
      The protesters and the insurgent rioters are two distinct groups. The rioters could be anarchists or they could just be crooks taking advantage of the situation. seer purposefully doesn't make that distinction, he groups them all together in defining the protestors as communists, and so Sparko's assertion was that the protestors are anarchists, neither of which is true.
      Last edited by JimL; 06-12-2020, 04:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        [ATTACH=CONFIG]45557[/ATTACH]

Blaming all police for the actions of a few and demanding that they be defunded and replaced makes about as much sense as blaming all blacks for the actions of the D.C. sniper[1] and demanding that blacks not be allowed to own firearms or even drive.

1. which the MSM kept trying to pin on whites until Muhammad and Malvo were apprehended.
        You really don’t get it. The police are similarly offended for their systematic problems being identified. Why would anyone be offended by that, really?

36F9ABBD-D748-44D9-B922-739A228E6F62.jpeg

I’m sorry that you can’t be as understanding of angry youth riots that spill over from a peaceful protest. The unfilmed injustices have to be vast and will never be known. How many acts of brutality and humiliation go unreported?

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
          I agree, the bad apples cast a bad light on them all, but the police dept. has a responsibility as an institution to root the bad apples out which they obviously haven't been doing. Hence, the police dept and the way law enforcement is done itself has to be reformed.
          Just like the government has the duty and responsibility to protect the lives and property of the citizens which they obviously aren't when they issue stand down orders to the police so that the looters and rioters act with impunity. And they have the responsibility and duty to prosecute those arrested by the police rather than simply dropping the charges like they always do.

Defund government now!

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
            [ATTACH=CONFIG]45568[/ATTACH]
            The enormous length of time, and how much the authority dragged their heels in pulling in the McMichaels is something I believe everyone deserves a full accounting of.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
              You really don’t get it. The police are similarly offended for their systematic problems being identified. Why would anyone be offended by that, really?

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45568[/ATTACH]

I’m sorry that you can’t be as understanding of angry youth riots that spill over from a peaceful protest. The unfilmed injustices have to be vast and will never be known. How many acts of brutality and humiliation go unreported?
              First, instead of trying to rationalize someone stealing a big screen TV to commemorate the murder of someone else, maybe you should focus on getting your facts straight.

Nobody even knew about the existence of the video until well after the McMichaels were arrested. In fact it was released by a friend of the McMichaels at their request because they thought it exonerated them.

Obviously it did not.

A great deal of the delay was due to two different prosecutors ending up recusing themselves, one after the other, since both knew and had worked with the elder McMichael. That is not to excuse the delay but it does account for a substantial part of it.

Another part of the delay was due to the courts being closed. Unless there was obvious evidence of a serious felony cases got put on back burners.

Then there is the issue of the police there using McMichael, who was retired from local law enforcement, as a quasi-official officer and even told the homeowner who's property was trespassed on to call him rather than the police if he had any problems on his property. Apparently such arrangements are not all that uncommon in lightly populated rural areas and obviously this led to more than it's share of confusion.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly...

THE RIOTING WAS NOT OVER WHAT HAPPENED TO AHMAUD ARBERY IN GLYNN COUNTY GEORGIA BUT WAS OVER WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE FLOYD IN MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA SOME 1400 MILES AWAY.

I don't believe that you're one of those who think all blacks look alike so there is no reason for such confusion

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

First, instead of trying to rationalize someone stealing a big screen TV to commemorate the murder of someone else, maybe you should focus on getting your facts straight.

Nobody even knew about the existence of the video until well after the McMichaels were arrested. In fact it was released by a friend of the McMichaels at their request because they thought it exonerated them.

Obviously it did not.

A great deal of the delay was due to two different prosecutors ending up recusing themselves, one after the other, since both knew and had worked with the elder McMichael. That is not to excuse the delay but it does account for a substantial part of it.

Another part of the delay was due to the courts being closed. Unless there was obvious evidence of a serious felony cases got put on back burners.

Then there is the issue of the police there using McMichael, who was retired from local law enforcement, as a quasi-official officer and even told the homeowner who's property was trespassed on to call him rather than the police if he had any problems on his property. Apparently such arrangements are not all that uncommon in lightly populated rural areas and obviously this led to more than it's share of confusion.

Finally, and perhaps most importantly...

THE RIOTING WAS NOT OVER WHAT HAPPENED TO AHMAUD ARBERY IN GLYNN COUNTY GEORGIA BUT WAS OVER WHAT HAPPENED TO GEORGE FLOYD IN MINNEAPOLIS, MINNESOTA SOME 1400 MILES AWAY.

I don't believe that you're one of those who think all blacks look alike so there is no reason for such confusion
                Floyds murder, and the gruesome video of it, was just the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. The protests are over racism in general, within the police dept in particular.

Comment

Floyds murder, and the gruesome video of it, was just the proverbial straw that broke the camels back. The protests are over racism in general, within the police dept in particular.
                  Which statistically is demonstrably false.
                  That's what
                  - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                  - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                  - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                    Which statistically is demonstrably false.
                    Please demonstrate this.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                      Please demonstrate this.
                      Sure.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/the-myt...sm-11591119883

https://www.manhattan-institute.org/...-police-racism

https://www.nationalreview.com/2017/...-actually-say/
                      That's what
                      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

I'm not sure what the actual tort laws are but I don't see how the economy could effectively reopen if businesses were liable for lawsuits if somebody could sue a store, either because they got sick there or if a contact tracer called them and asked them to self quarantine on behalf of their having been there.
                        "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Is that why they fudge incident reports, or why the dept. puts them on administrative leave until things cool down and then put them back on the street such as was done in the Eric Garner case in NY? The tv producers of cop shows know what goes on.
                          Only you would think TV shows are the "real' reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            Only you would think TV shows are the "real' reality.
                            Not just him. Hollyweird productions are one of starlight's primary sources of information of what life is really™ like in the U.S.

Comment

Not just him. Hollyweird productions are one of starlight's primary sources of information of what life is really™ like in the U.S.
                              Then why don't the detectives figure out all of the murders in 1 hour in real life like they do on TV? And where are all of those hot-chick-fashion-model female cops? Oh, wait that was sexist. bad pirate.

Comment

Six campaign staffers tested positive before the rally. They were quarantined, but needless to say, this is very bad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...us-2020-06-20/

Platinum screwball to everyone out there rejoicing in people getting sick.
                                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment