Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Trump rally risk waivers.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm not sure what the actual tort laws are but I don't see how the economy could effectively reopen if businesses were liable for lawsuits if somebody could sue a store, either because they got sick there or if a contact tracer called them and asked them to self quarantine on behalf of their having been there.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    Is that why they fudge incident reports, or why the dept. puts them on administrative leave until things cool down and then put them back on the street such as was done in the Eric Garner case in NY? The tv producers of cop shows know what goes on.
    Only you would think TV shows are the "real' reality.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    Only you would think TV shows are the "real' reality.
    Not just him. Hollyweird productions are one of starlight's primary sources of information of what life is really™ like in the U.S.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    Not just him. Hollyweird productions are one of starlight's primary sources of information of what life is really™ like in the U.S.
    Then why don't the detectives figure out all of the murders in 1 hour in real life like they do on TV? And where are all of those hot-chick-fashion-model female cops? Oh, wait that was sexist. bad pirate.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Six campaign staffers tested positive before the rally. They were quarantined, but needless to say, this is very bad.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/trump-c...us-2020-06-20/

Platinum screwball to everyone out there rejoicing in people getting sick.
    "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

6. Amen DivineOb amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Lutheran (LCC)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The Trump campaign just announced that the outdoor Tulsa event, which was expected to have around 40,000 people in attendance, has been cancelled since only a dozen or so people are in the audience (as of a few seconds ago, I count 15 on the live feed being shown on TV). They also announced that there is still "lots of room" if people want to attend the indoor rally. Supposedly, a million people preregistered for the event.

EDIT: The Trump campaign is blaming "the media and protestors" for the poor turnout.

UPDATE (7:06pm Eastern Time): The upper level of the arena is 90% empty. The Trump campaign just sent out the following message to the million people who preregistered for the event:

"The Great American Comeback Celebration's almost here. Doors are open at the BOK Centre. President Trump can't wait, there's still space."
    Last edited by Reepicheep; 06-20-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    The Trump campaign just announced that the outdoor Tulsa event, which was expected to have around 40,000 people in attendance, has been cancelled since only a dozen or so people are in the audience (as of a few seconds ago, I count 15 on the live feed being shown on TV). They also announced that there is still "lots of room" if people want to attend the indoor rally. Supposedly, a million people preregistered for the event.

EDIT: The Trump campaign is blaming "the media and protestors" for the poor turnout.

UPDATE (7:06pm Eastern Time): The upper level of the arena is 90% empty. The Trump campaign just sent out the following message to the million people who preregistered for the event:

"The Great American Comeback Celebration's almost here. Doors are open at the BOK Centre. President Trump can't wait, there's still space."
    $10 says he locks himself in his room afterwards and eats a few Big Macs to salve his wounded pride...

tWebber
    Faith
    Lutheran (LCC)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    $10 says he locks himself in his room afterwards and eats a few Big Macs to salve his wounded pride...
    They mentioned on TV that around 45 minutes ago, Air Force 1 flew low over the arena. I wonder what Trump thought when he looked out the window and saw only a few dozen people standing around.

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reepicheep View Post
    They mentioned on TV that around 45 minutes ago, Air Force 1 flew low over the arena. I wonder what Trump thought when he looked out the window and saw only a few dozen people standing around.
    Probably.. "Well, that's still more than Biden has"

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

11. Amen Sparko amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Lutheran (LCC)
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsGambit View Post
    Six campaign staffers tested positive before the rally. They were quarantined, but needless to say, this is very bad.
    Two more campaign staffers tested positive today, plus two members of the secret service, for a total of ten.