Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Abortion is murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    baby isn't a term for any stage of human growth and development. It refers to all of them.
    Not technically, no. A blastocyst isn't a baby.

An acorn isn't a tree.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
      Whateverman said this

And you replied as if your links were relevant.
      They are. I intentionally included links from day 1 to the moment of delivery. ALL call them babies. That is the definition of relevant.
      That's what
      - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
      - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
      - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        Tell the Mayo Clinic.

An acorn isn't a tree.
        Already addressed that nonsense.
        That's what
        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

They are. I intentionally included links from day 1 to the moment of delivery. ALL call them babies. That is the definition of relevant.

Tell the Mayo Clinic.
          Mayo Clinic it is then. Here is the entirety of your linked article

Kindly quote the portion you think argues that a blastocyst is a baby.

I mean, you obviously just googled some stuff to paste without actually reading it.
          Last edited by DivineOb; 06-17-2020, 08:21 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post

An acorn isn't a tree.
            When you get discouraged
            and felling sad and blue
            remember that the Mighty Oak
            was once a nut like you
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Third request, Jim

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              Still waiting for this, Jim. Show me where I have been hypocritical.

MEANWHILE, I'll be thrilled to death to be more civil to you if you SSSS.
              You make false accusations you don't back up, then you run and hide from them.
              Prove you have even a shred of credibility.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Mayo Clinic it is then. Here is the entirety of your linked article

During pregnancy, your baby's

Kindly quote the portion you think argues that a blastocyst is a baby.

I mean, you obviously just googled some stuff to paste without actually reading it.

So, when the embryo implants into the wall of the uterus, before it becomes a blastocyst, is the woman pregnant?

There's also

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/hlv-20049471
                That's what
                - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Notice the "first trimester", which includes from fertilization through 13 weeks. And it is called a BABY. I'm getting really tired of dropping all of these mics...
                  But, can you show ANYTHING that actually refers to the unborn as a "baby"?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                    But, can you show ANYTHING that actually refers to the unborn as a "baby"?

This one was really good too

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...e/art-20045302
                    That's what
                    - She

- Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

Yeah, we've skinned this cat several times, and (I believe it was in a battle with Shuny) I produced all kinds of authoritative medical experts routinely referring to the unborn as "the baby" throughout all stages of the pregnancy.
                      He/she is only NOT a baby if you want to kill him/her.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                        Yeah, we've skinned this cat several times, and (I believe it was in a battle with Shuny) I produced all kinds of authoritative medical experts routinely referring to the unborn as "the baby" throughout all stages of the pregnancy.
                        He/she is only NOT a baby if you want to kill him/her.
                        Schrodinger's fetus! Is it alive or dead? Only the female genetic donor knows!
                        If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          You are reading into it, seeing what you want to see. They are celebrating the "10th annual" right to abortion that women fought for and won, not bragging about having had one.

Wow, Jim. The 10th annual "SALUTE to abortion" Abortion has been legal since the 1970s - This photo of Michelle Wolf was from 2018. It shows they have been celebrating abortion for 10 years. They are cheering and celebrating abortion and she is dressed in the American flag. And the first picture show someone BRAGGING about her personal abortion and how "fabulous" it was.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post

Wow, Jim. The 10th annual "SALUTE to abortion" Abortion has been legal since the 1970s - This photo of Michelle Wolf was from 2018. It shows they have been celebrating abortion for 10 years. They are cheering and celebrating abortion and she is dressed in the American flag. And the first picture show someone BRAGGING about her personal abortion and how "fabulous" it was.
                            He's precious.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christianbookworm View Post
                              Eh, my point is that brain death is irreversible loss of function. A human embryo will eventually have a fully functioning brain. Though, I wonder if some people have one yet!
                              DivineOb gets stuck on one thing to the point of being nauseating. I think he gives Roy a run for the nitpick king of Tweb. Everyone got what your point was, but he found an exception and therefore will keep picking on that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                DivineOb gets stuck on one thing to the point of being nauseating. I think he gives Roy a run for the nitpick king of Tweb. Everyone got what your point was, but he found an exception and therefore will keep picking on that.
                                You're hurting Charles' feelings.

Comment