Page 17 of 25 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: "Abortion is murder"

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Yeah, we've skinned this cat several times, and (I believe it was in a battle with Shuny) I produced all kinds of authoritative medical experts routinely referring to the unborn as "the baby" throughout all stages of the pregnancy.
    He/she is only NOT a baby if you want to kill him/her.
    Schrodinger's fetus! Is it alive or dead? Only the female genetic donor knows!
    If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    You are reading into it, seeing what you want to see. They are celebrating the "10th annual" right to abortion that women fought for and won, not bragging about having had one.

Wow, Jim. The 10th annual "SALUTE to abortion" Abortion has been legal since the 1970s - This photo of Michelle Wolf was from 2018. It shows they have been celebrating abortion for 10 years. They are cheering and celebrating abortion and she is dressed in the American flag. And the first picture show someone BRAGGING about her personal abortion and how "fabulous" it was.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

Wow, Jim. The 10th annual "SALUTE to abortion" Abortion has been legal since the 1970s - This photo of Michelle Wolf was from 2018. It shows they have been celebrating abortion for 10 years. They are cheering and celebrating abortion and she is dressed in the American flag. And the first picture show someone BRAGGING about her personal abortion and how "fabulous" it was.
    He's precious.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Christianbookworm View Post
    Eh, my point is that brain death is irreversible loss of function. A human embryo will eventually have a fully functioning brain. Though, I wonder if some people have one yet!
    DivineOb gets stuck on one thing to the point of being nauseating. I think he gives Roy a run for the nitpick king of Tweb. Everyone got what your point was, but he found an exception and therefore will keep picking on that.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    DivineOb gets stuck on one thing to the point of being nauseating. I think he gives Roy a run for the nitpick king of Tweb. Everyone got what your point was, but he found an exception and therefore will keep picking on that.
    You're hurting Charles' feelings.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    "baby" isn't a scientific term people. "fetus," "embryo," "zygote" are. That's the difference. There is no scientific state of life called "baby" - so claiming it is "inaccurate" is just silly. Baby just refers to someone's offspring, usually at a very young age, but as has been pointed out, mothers refer to their 30 year old children as "my baby"

7. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    So, when the embryo implants into the wall of the uterus, before it becomes a blastocyst, is the woman pregnant?

There's also

https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-l...r/hlv-20049471

The first few months of pregnancy — the first trimester — are marked by rapid changes for both you and your baby.
    For you, first trimester physical changes might include breast tenderness, fatigue and nausea. Your emotions might range from excitement to anxiety. For your baby, the first trimester is a time of rapid growth and development. Your baby's brain, spinal cord and other organs begin to form, and your baby's heart begins to beat. Your baby's fingers and toes even begin to take shape.

Notice the "first trimester", which includes from fertilization through 13 weeks. And it is called a BABY. I'm getting really tired of dropping all of these mics...
    Thanks for doing the actual work, ODB. You failed but at least you tried.

1) Your first example doesn't make your point since obviously it's speaking about the entirely of the person's pregnancy.
    2) The second doesn't as the baby is classified a fetus before the end other the first trimester.

You and CP are trying to change history into the claiming that a claim is being made that the baby is is *never* called a baby while unborn but obviously that's false.
    Last edited by DivineOb; 06-18-2020 at 09:37 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    You and CP are trying to change history into the claiming that the baby is is *never* called a baby while unborn but obviously that's false.
    You might wanna try that sentence again, DO, cause it makes no sense.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill the Cat View Post
    *Finally* your fourth bite at the apple gets us there.

I will agree that this link which speaks in informal language to a nonscientific audience describes an it as a baby at an early point in the pregnancy. Congrats. That still doesn't have anything to do with Whateverman's point.

God bless the USA. Ack!! Bill the Cat's Avatar
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by DivineOb View Post
    *Finally* your fourth bite at the apple gets us there.

I will agree that this link which speaks in informal language to a nonscientific audience describes an it as a baby at an early point in the pregnancy. Congrats. That still doesn't have anything to do with Whateverman's point.
    Well, the original point was that the term "baby" isn't a scientific term for a stage of human growth and development, so thanks for playing.

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals --- Manya the Holy Szin --- The Quintara Marathon ---

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common --- Stephen R. Donaldson ---

12. Amen Christianbookworm amen'd this post.