Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

"Abortion is murder"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're doing it again, Jim.
    Doing what, CP. Asking you a legitimate question that you refuse to answer? If women who get abortions don't agree with you that the fetus is a human person, are they baby murderers?

Comment

• Thing is, abortion is often portrayed as a sadistic choice in a zero sum game between the future of the woman and her offspring's future. When it does not have to be that way! You can save both! Though if the mother's life is in danger, and the baby has to be delivered early(no need to actively kill the tyke, emergency c-section is faster than an abortion anyway) and dies from prematurity, that's a tragic unintended consequence of saving the mother's life.
      If it weren't for the Resurrection of Jesus, we'd all be in DEEP TROUBLE!

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
        Doing what, CP. Asking you a legitimate question that you refuse to answer?
        It was a bogus question full of ignorance.

If women who get abortions don't agree with you that the fetus is a human person, are they baby murderers?
        That has been clearly answered throughout the thread, so please take some time to read it.

If you have any questions about what I actually said, please use the quote function, because you have a history of mangling "what was said".
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          It was a bogus question full of ignorance.

That has been clearly answered throughout the thread, so please take some time to read it.

If you have any questions about what I actually said, please use the quote function, because you have a history of mangling "what was said".
          Game player. No sense conversing with a game player.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
            Game player.
            About time you confessed.

No sense conversing with a game player.
            Aw, come on, Jim, sometimes you're the only game in town, so....
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              I was very civil with him when he joined because I remember him from before, when he was a Christian. But it didn't matter, he was determined to be a jerk to me (and everyone really), so I eventually did the same back. I am trying to tone it back down, but he is making it hard. I admit I have not been very good at the turning the cheek thing.
              Was I ever a Christian on this board? I'm pretty sure I had deconverted before I posted here.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                Was I ever a Christian on this board? I'm pretty sure I had deconverted before I posted here.
                No you were a Christian as far as I can recall. Probably why your user name was DivineOb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                  No you were a Christian as far as I can recall. Probably why your user name was DivineOb.
                  I don't know if a trip down memory lane is warranted in this thread but the name DivineOb (Divine Obligation but shortened due to IRC limits) long predates my time on this board. Though it looks like all traces of its use has disappeared from the internet at this point. I guess the internet isn't forever.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                    I don't know if a trip down memory lane is warranted in this thread but the name DivineOb (Divine Obligation but shortened due to IRC limits) long predates my time on this board. Though it looks like all traces of its use has disappeared from the internet at this point. I guess the internet isn't forever.
                    It's not important. I just remember us being friendly before your return and I was happy to see you back. I am going to try to be more civil in the future with you.

Comment