Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Making Coffee

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Did you use that for a while, then quit? That's why we never got one - it seemed like it would be a fad, then "get old".
    We still use it, but we get the Walmart brand of the SS syrup. It goes farther than the Torani so ends up less expensive.

I rarely use it myself, but Mr. mossy and the boy use it frequently.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    We still use it, but we get the Walmart brand of the SS syrup. It goes farther than the Torani so ends up less expensive.

I rarely use it myself, but Mr. mossy and the boy use it frequently.
    Interesting - - we've talked about getting one, but didn't think we'd really use it.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Interesting - - we've talked about getting one, but didn't think we'd really use it.
    It was given to the boy as a Christmas gift by his sister and her husband probably 10 years or so ago.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Armo/Copticish
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I am interested in different flavors. I do get concerned about what is added to the coffee for other flavors. At work, the flavorings usually have high fructose corn syrup. I could try vanilla extract or cocoa.
    Mocha is basically hot chocolate and espresso, so dark coffee and hot chocolate at home should get you something similar. If you use plain coco powder, this might blend best with milk and then mixed with coffee rather than straight into coffee because of the coco butter oils-at least it blended better for me when I made something else with coco powder, water. and milk.

I don't know what the natural flavors are in Torini, but I try to limit artificial sweeteners as well as or rotate them with sugar since some of them have affected blood sugar in the long run-I have to look up the details on how or if it applies to all. I don't mind a little sugar here and there. I must second Sparko's mention of Irish Cream. One of my favorite flavors of coffee is mocha frapp with added flavors of Irish Cream and mint together.
    Last edited by Ana Dragule; 06-26-2020 at 02:52 PM.
    I am become death...