Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 44

Thread: Making Coffee

  1. #21
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,091
    Amen (Given)
    403
    Amen (Received)
    1015
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I think the truffle is meant to emulate the candy, not the fungi.

    Sorry about the Bulk Barn thing. I don't know if that's a Canadian thing, but maybe there is an American facsimile.

    The flavours may be artificial, I don't know for sure. But they taste good to me!
    No worries. I probably would just get whatever coffee is at the supermarket.

    I was going to ask how much the flavors were noticable, but I could try some stuff. I meant to get a coffee maker when I was in school but never got to that task.

  2. #22
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    No worries. I probably would just get whatever coffee is at the supermarket.

    I was going to ask how much the flavors were noticable, but I could try some stuff. I meant to get a coffee maker when I was in school but never got to that task.

    The flavours are quite noticeable. Enough to know what you are drinking. I led a ladies Bible study for a long time years ago, and we met at the home of a woman from Trinidad Tobago.

    That's where I learned that a little sprinkle of cinnamon in the coffee grounds before brewing is a wondrous thing. So there are ways to add flavour without buying the flavoured coffee if you think about it for a bit.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  3. #23
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,091
    Amen (Given)
    403
    Amen (Received)
    1015
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My commute to work has been reduced from nearly an hour down to less than 11 minutes.
    my commute has been reduced to ... wait ... I have no commute right now

  4. #24
    Professor The Melody Maker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Faith
    Slave for Christ
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    2,503
    Amen (Given)
    4206
    Amen (Received)
    1633
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Mr. mossy likes a vile flavour called Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, which smells nasty and moldy to me, and that only comes in the cups, too.
    I'm not sure what truffle tastes like, but I'm sold alone on the chocolate and raspberry. Good stuff.

    And don't forget about the Vanilla Biscotti flavour; another good one.
    ~ Russell ("MelMak")

    "[Sing] and [make] melody in your heart to the Lord." -- Ephesians 5:19b

    Fight_spam!

  5. #25
    Troll Magnet Sparko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    54,653
    Amen (Given)
    5602
    Amen (Received)
    23887
    I have a keurig. regular coffee in the morning, decaf in the evening.

  6. #26
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Quote Originally Posted by The Melody Maker View Post
    I'm not sure what truffle tastes like, but I'm sold alone on the chocolate and raspberry. Good stuff.

    And don't forget about the Vanilla Biscotti flavour; another good one.
    Another one that you and your dad like, but I don't care for. Also only comes in the pods.

    And don't forget your new penchant for Rainforest and maybe French roast!


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  7. Amen The Melody Maker amen'd this post.
  8. #27
    tWebber Whateverman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    715
    Amen (Given)
    153
    Amen (Received)
    132
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I'll see what is available. But I would mainly just need a 4 cup unit or a k-cup. There's a competitor to that k-cup, isn't there?

    Paper filtered methods are most common now. Is the coffee gritty when made with a metal filter instead?
    If you're going with the k-cup, stick to the k-cup brand; the selection of coffee is better, because there are a ton of k-cup coffee makers on the market.

    As for the filter, the metal one works really well. I suppose there might be a few out there which aren't good, but I'd had 3 coffee makers with a brass removable filter before, and the coffee was never gritty. Maybe a bit of silt at the bottom, even less than you'd get with a french press, and you'll never taste/feel it.

  9. #28
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,091
    Amen (Given)
    403
    Amen (Received)
    1015
    I just got a simple maker that does k-cup or coffee grounds. I mainly wanted the individual cup maker rather than one for 12 cups. There were too many and too few choices at the store.

    The store ordered it online for me since they didn't have stock locally. I got a box of k-cups just to be ready when the coffee maker arrives.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-17-2020 at 10:25 AM.

  10. Amen mossrose, Whateverman amen'd this post.
  11. #29
    Oops....... mossrose's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Gender
    Female
    Posts
    23,014
    Amen (Given)
    17389
    Amen (Received)
    10591
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I just got a simple maker that does k-cup or coffee grounds. I mainly wanted the individual cup maker rather than one for 12 cups. There were too many and too few choices at the store.

    The store ordered it online for me since they didn't have stock locally. I got a box of k-cups just to be ready when the coffee maker arrives.
    Amazon has a good selection of the pods, and I have also ordered them from Keurig. If you can order enough to get free shipping it helps, and the cost isn't too bad.

    But I like the reusable pod so you can use any coffee you like. It's certainly more economical to buy a pound of coffee rather than pods.


    Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

  12. #30
    tWebber
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    SoCal!!!
    Faith
    Christian
    Gender
    Male
    Posts
    3,091
    Amen (Given)
    403
    Amen (Received)
    1015
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    Amazon has a good selection of the pods, and I have also ordered them from Keurig. If you can order enough to get free shipping it helps, and the cost isn't too bad.

    But I like the reusable pod so you can use any coffee you like. It's certainly more economical to buy a pound of coffee rather than pods.
    This coffee maker has an interchangeable pod interface and coffee grounds unit. I don't think it uses a paper filter. I will likely use the cans of ground coffee. If I am home through the summer, I may need variety.

  13. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •