Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You wish. That is leonhard. IM the tiny dot in YOUR rear view mirror.
    Get well, Jim.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      And yet elsewhere you say...

So which is it?

In my case, I was NOT brought up in a racist culture, not even in part, I never witnessed segregation, I never knew anybody who was still fighting the Civil War, I don't have any relatives who are white nationalists -- in fact, I can't name a single person in my extended family or circle of friends and acquaintances who is racist. Frankly, racism is a foreign concept to me, and skin color is not the first thing I notice when discussing a case like this.

So, this is your problem, ox, not mine...
      Unfortunately, that just isnt the case. You've been directly influenced by the racist rhetoric that spews daily from Breitbart. But perhaps because you have no experience with the more overt racists of the world and the rhetoric they use to justify their racism, you dont recognize the racist nature of what your mind feeds on day in and day out.

The other factor is this. It is just plain sick to try to turn the compassion in me for people affected by racism and for those that unknowingly perpetuate it into some sort of mental illness.

May God forgive you. You truly seem to have no clue the evil you are of.
      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-26-2020, 01:59 PM.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        You're gaining on him every day, Jim.
        He thinks he's behind me, but in reality he's almost 3 full laps ahead.
        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
          Unfortunately, that just isnt the case. You've been directly influenced by the racist rhetoric that spews daily from Breitbart. But perhaps because you have no experience with the more overt racists of the world and the rhetoric they use to justify their racism, you dont recognize the racist nature of what your mind feeds on day in and day out.

The other factor is this. It is just plain sick to try to turn the compassion in me for people affected by racism and for those that unknowingly perpetuate it into some sort of mental illness.

May God forgive you. You truly seem to have no clue the evil you are of.
          Right, you can't point to any examples of overt racism on my part, so you lay another kafkatrap by falsely accusing me of some form of unconscious racism that apparently only you can detect and which I can't deny without implicating myself, at least in your hypocritical little mind.

Maybe one of these days you'll come to realize that those you think you're rolling in the mud with are really standing on the outside of the pig pen while shaking our heads at your solo performance.

Comment

Right, you can't point to any examples of overt racism on my part, so you lay another kafkatrap by falsely accusing me of some form of unconscious racism that apparently only you can detect and which I can't deny without implicating myself, at least in your hypocritical little mind.

Maybe one of these days you'll come to realize that those you think you're rolling in the mud with are really standing on the outside of the pig pen while shaking our heads at your solo performance.
            Who said anything about overt?

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
              Who said anything about overt?
              Exactly.

Comment

Exactly.
                You spelled EGGzackly wrong.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Interesting statistics...

Higgins: Enough of the lying – just look at the data. There’s no epidemic of racist police officers killing black Americans.
                  https://www.lawenforcementtoday.com/...top-the-lying/
                  Anti-police rhetoric is spreading across the country faster than the coronavirus, because disinformation about racist police shootings fuels its transmission.

Last month, the horrific murder of George Floyd ignited protests across the country, and despite the involved officers being charged and most Americans agreeing racism and police brutality are wrong, public outrage soon expanded to condemn all police.

The shootings of Breonna Taylor, Tony McDade, and Rayshard Brooks have become symbols of racist police killings, regardless of the facts. The false narrative surrounding police shootings has caused law enforcement officers to be demonized, assaulted, and murdered.

The data is clear: There is no epidemic of racist police officers shooting and killing black Americans.

While every life is valuable, the number of blacks unjustifiably shot and killed by police is microscopic. Numerous scientific studies have proven that when behavioral, demographic, and other contextual factors are controlled, the racial disparity in police shootings disappears.

Despite these facts, politicians, activists, and the media continue to misrepresent the facts.

It’s time to stop the lying and set the record straight.

The Numbers

It’s rare for police to kill anyone. A black man is more likely to be killed by lightning than by a police officer. In 2019, police shot and killed 1,003 people in the US, according to the Washington Post’s Fatal Force database. Of those, 250 were black and 405 white. Police shot and killed 55 unarmed suspects, including 25 whites and 14 blacks.

Shooting an unarmed suspect can be justified if a suspect makes a furtive movement, attacks an officer, or tries to take the officer’s firearm.

Of the 14 incidents of unarmed black men shot and killed by police in 2019, several involved high-speed car chases, fights with officers, or had weapons recovered at the scene.

Every shooting needs to be evaluated on its own merits, and only one of the involved officers has been charged with murder, but for this analysis, assume all involved excessive use of force.

According to the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR), there were 686,665 sworn police officers in the United States in 2018. That’s one unarmed black male shot and killed for every 49,047 sworn police officers.

In 2018, police made 10,310,960 arrests, according to the FBI, and the race was known for 5.6 million offenders.

Of them, 1,548,690 (27.4%) were black. There were 229 black males shot and killed by police that year, according to the Washington Post, for a ratio of one out of every 6,762 black offenders. The ratio of unarmed black men shot and killed (23) in 2018 was one out of 67,334 black men arrested.

Comment

• Shouldn't title of thread be changed to "police guns down man after he steals cop's taser and fires it at police"?
                    "As for my people, children are their oppressors, and women rule over them. O my people, they which lead thee cause thee to err, and destroy the way of thy paths." Isaiah 3:12

There is no such thing as innocence, only degrees of guilt.

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Executor View Post
                      Shouldn't title of thread be changed to "police guns down man after he steals cop's taser and fires it at police"?
                      Aw, come on, next you'll be calling for truth in advertising!

Comment

Shouldn't title of thread be changed to "police guns down man after he steals cop's taser and fires it at police"?
                        Let's not confuse folks with inconvenient details like facts, okay?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I think if some people had their way, they would want the thread retitled "White racist murders black man in cold blood".

Comment

I think if some people had their way, they would want the thread retitled "White racist murders black man in cold blood...
                            ...while Tweb Conservatives Dance With Glee* and Shout Their Approval".

*I swear, I never danced with her OR her sister!

Comment

Yup, I changed my mind later in the thread when more evidence came out. The title was premature.

Comment