Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    I think we should start using them to help prevent things like this from reoccurring.
    Do we have another thread on this? Because I was sure I mentioned that those are the ONLY kind our department allows.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I think we should start using them to help prevent things like this from reoccurring.
      Ours have black handles, but the 'barrel' and tip are bright yellow.
      The ONLY argument I know of for not using the bright yellow is the tactical "black out" advantage to an officer at night, but a proper holster would conceal the yellow.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
        He did. That much is clear from testimony so far.

I can't defend Brooks turning around and shooting, and I agree, that is a quick way to get yourself shot. However, it was a taser. And tasers aren't lethal weapons.

I don't think unless I get to be put in a similar position that I'll believe that they couldn't tell he was holding a taser.

Secondly, I wasn't aware that lethal ammunition was default. Why even have rubber bullets if you're always going to use lethal ammunition?
        They only use rubber bullets when they know they are doing crowd control.

Police carry loaded guns with real ammunition. they also carry tasers in some precincts.

I think rogue was right, the guy grabbed one officer's taser and ran off, then turned around and pointed it at the cops. the other cop, thinking it was a gun shot him. he only had a split second to decide, and the adrenaline was pumping. A gun like object in someone's hand, running in the dark? I think he reacted correctly. They didn't have time to search him before the fight, so he could have had a gun on him too as far as they knew.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Do we have another thread on this? Because I was sure I mentioned that those are the ONLY kind our department allows.
          It is also part of the "Defund Police" thread.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I'll have to admit that rogue06 is right.
            Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            I think rogue was right
            Really guys, this is all that ever needs be said.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It is also part of the "Defund Police" thread.
              Ah!!! Thanks. Department of Redundancy Department, and all that.

Comment

I believe the police have the right to use deadly force against a taser.
                Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

A couple of other videos. Might not be as cut and dried. But it looks like he fired the taser at the cop chasing him, who already had his taser deployed into Brooks. Also the tasers ARE yellow.

dashcam

another version of Wendy's security video:

https://www.11alive.com/article/news...f-698e89e391ce

Comment

Proof that Sparko and Leonhard have finally gone crazy?
                    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Here we go...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
                        Proof that Sparko and Leonhard have finally gone crazy?
                        I guess we now know the color of your eyes. Green.

Comment

Let the records say that rogue06 was right, and is fully entitled to a period of 'I told you so' lasting for at least three days.

Comment

Let the records say that rogue06 was right, and is fully entitled to a period of 'I told you so' lasting for at least three days.
                            Even a blind hog can find a broken clock once in a while.

Comment

Meh.

It's just by now y'all shoulda figureated out that this is a given.

Comment

I can't defend Brooks turning around and shooting, and I agree, that is a quick way to get yourself shot. However, it was a taser. And tasers aren't lethal weapons.
                                Actually they can be if they are used incorrectly by people who don't know how to use them. Anyway what would stop him using the taser and then grabbing the gun off the officer to shoot him with?
                                “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment