Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    You are clearly only considering the policeman's situation and giving him more than a reasonable doubt.
    You have not shown this to be the case.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    The fact this black man...
    And there it is. You fixate on skin color and ignore the relevant facts.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      You have not shown this to be the case.

And there it is. You fixate on skin color and ignore the relevant facts.
      Excuse making. 3 different cases. All of them the same focus, the same lack of honesty or empathy for the actual victim. All 3 are black. Coincidence? I think not. But hey if a similar case comes up involving a white cop and a white victim, well see if you focus as much on denigrating the victim then.
      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Three North Carolina officers fired for racial slurs suggesting that what is needed is a civil war to wipe black people off the map.
        http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/no...racist-remarks
        Last edited by JimL; 06-25-2020, 03:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
          Three North Carolina officers fired for racial slurs suggesting that what is needed is a civil war to wipe black people off the map.
          http://talkingpointsmemo.com/news/no...racist-remarks

See? They can police themselves and remove bad cops after all. No need to defund them or "rebuild" the system

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
            See? They can police themselves and remove bad cops after all. No need to defund them or "rebuild" the system
            Eggzackly - there doesn't appear to be any outside stimulus for this - but an internal monthly inspection.

HERE is that story from the Police Department's own website.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Excuse making. 3 different cases. All of them the same focus, the same lack of honesty or empathy for the actual victim. All 3 are black. Coincidence? I think not. But hey if a similar case comes up involving a white cop and a white victim, well see if you focus as much on denigrating the victim then.
              Like I said, you're the one fixating on skin color almost to the exclusion of everything else. You have made this all about race, not me. That's your problem to overcome, not mine.

Comment

That's because the only one's that we are discussing are POC. If they had been white or asian or hispanic, then I would have said the exact same things I did. In my experience, the ones who scream the loudest about certain issues are the ones most insecure in their own beliefs. Maybe you need to examine your own beliefs about race before condemning it in others.
                "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                  That's because the only one's that we are discussing are POC. If they had been white or asian or hispanic, then I would have said the exact same things I did. In my experience, the ones who scream the loudest about certain issues are the ones most insecure in their own beliefs. Maybe you need to examine your own beliefs about race before condemning it in others.
                  I love it. The crowd that spends their entire time denigrating the black people that were killed unjustly try to say it's all some sort of pschological problem in the people that are noticing their absurd focus on denigrating the victims.

Well, the same back at ya littlejoe. The absurd focus on the potential flaws of the victims in these cases points to a serious incapacity for empathy or respect for one's fellow man. A very distorted view of life. Now due to the race of the victims, I think racism is the most likely explanation for that distorted and disparaging view of the victims - it kinda leaves open the possibility this is an aberration, that this dark part of you isn't something that permeates your entire being.

Take the Arbery case. What you're saying then is that you, MM, CP etc would think it makes perfect sense to come after anyone, no matter who they are, with guns and trucks, chasing them all over the neighborhood in pursuit of a citizens arrest if they happen to stop and loiter a few minutes in a house under construction. (Notice I didn't say you think killing that person is ok, just chasing them around with guns and trucks). And that is actually more disturbing and sick in many ways. Because one can, again, lay a bit of blame on the culture around you if it's a racial thing.

See littlejoe - I think the way these victims have been pummeled verbally here is disgraceful, sick. It would not suddenly be ok if these were white victims. It's just that in that case I'd be convinced you were a bunch of sicko's instead of some basically decent people with a blind spot.
                  Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-25-2020, 04:46 PM.
                  My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

• Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
                    This is why ox thinks the way he does (posted in a thread some months ago):
                    Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                    I was brought up in part in that southern racist culture. I witnessed segregation. Had school mates and friends for whom the Civil War is never over. I had relatives that were, in fact, white nationalists, people deep into the conspiracy theories that are out there...
                    I suspect he's battling his own racist demons and seeks comfort by trying to convince himself that everybody else is just like him.

Comment

This is why ox thinks the way he does (posted in a thread some months ago):
                      I suspect he's battling his own racist demons and seeks comfort by trying to convince himself that everybody else is just like him.
                      - What morons!

Yeah - I observed racism in action. That is why I'm AGAINST it. I posted that so you'd know I do know what I'm talking about. I've seen it, I know what it looks like.

It was never a part of me, but it was a horrible thing to see.

Still is.

PS: You're just mad because you tried to justify the use of the "N" word by the McMichaels, even tried to claim I might use that word if under enough stress, and I confronted you with the fact I've never even thought of a black person using that term, let alone called a black person that out loud. Clearly that is NOT a common reality here.
                      Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-25-2020, 05:47 PM.

Comment

Yeah - I observed racism in action. That is why I'm AGAINST it.[ I posted that so you'd know I do know what I'm talking about. I've seen it, I know what it looks like.

It was never a part of me, but it was a horrible thing to see.

Still is.

PS: You're just mad because you tried to justify the use of the "N" word by the McMichaels, even tried to claim I might use that word if under enough stress, and I confronted you with the fact I've never even thought of a black person using that term, let alone called a black person that out loud. Clearly that is NOT a common reality here.
                        As Shakespeare once wrote, "The lad doth protest too much, me thinks."

The fact is, you're the one making this all about race. It's a "you" problem, not an "us" problem. Work it out yourself instead of trying to project your thinly veiled white guilt onto us.

And I never, not once, attempted to justify anything the McMichaels said or did, and you know it. What I did say is that an excited utterance is not proof that what they did was motivated by racism.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Eggzackly - there doesn't appear to be any outside stimulus for this - but an internal monthly inspection.

HERE is that story from the Police Department's own website.
                          This would have been ignored without the current set of protests and the backlash over the Arbery and Floyd murders.

Those officers would still be on the streets hating every black person they came in contact with.

Comment

As Shakespeare once wrote, "The lad doth protest too much, me thinks."

The fact is, you're the one making this all about race. It's a "you" problem, not an "us" problem. Work it out yourself instead of trying to project your thinly veiled white guilt onto us.

And I never, not once, attempted to justify anything the McMichaels said or did, and you know it. What I did say is that an excited utterance is not proof that what they did was motivated by racism.
                            From here I'm taking the high road on this MM. You are wrong, but I'm not going let you goad me into responding at your level. On to something else.

Comment

From here I'm taking the high road on this MM. You are wrong, but I'm not going let you goad me into responding at your level. On to something else.
                              Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hypocrite at it again. First you fling the mud, then you feel guilty, then you try to claim the moral high ground without so much as a half-hearted apology for your baseless accusations. We've seen this act before, and I expect it won't be long before you once again crawl back into the pig pen to roll around by yourself while loudly shouting about how righteous you are.

Comment

Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hypocrite at it again. First you fling the mud, then you feel guilty, then you try to claim the moral high ground without so much as a half-hearted apology for your baseless accusations. We've seen this act before, and I expect it won't be long before you once again crawl back into the pig pen to roll around by yourself while loudly shouting about how righteous you are.
                                You need a new rhyme to fall back to MM. I simply speak the truth. That makes you mad, so you lash out and claim somehow speaking the truth is 'self-righteous'. It's not, but it seems to make you and the peanut gallery happy. So be it.

Comment