Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
    So the DA with his 11 charges is obviously talking out of his backside when he accused the officer of not administering timely aid.

Although this particular footage doesn't attest to "timely aid" i.e. it doesn't show what length of time it took for the cop to administer the aid, it does show that the cop cares and doesn't want the guy to die. He pleads several times for the guy to not stop breathing and so on that note I will think it's likely that he did administer aid as soon as he could.
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
      The deceased passed every single test excepting the breathalizer which was a teany bit over the limit, of which he admitted to having a couple of drinks. Stop defending the cop just because he's a cop, he shot the guy in the back with no good reason for doing so. He murdered him, period.
      1) Wolfe had discretion and authority to make an arrest (although I personally wouldn't have)
      2) Brooks fought with two officers and took a taser
      3) Brooks fired the taser at Wolfe - not the other way around
      4) Wolfe responded with gunfire

No matter how you slice that, it ain't "murder." The mob calls it that because the mob wants blood and can't think straight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        1) Wolfe had discretion and authority to make an arrest (although I personally wouldn't have)
        2) Brooks fought with two officers and took a taser
        3) Brooks fired the taser at Wolfe - not the other way around
        4) Wolfe responded with gunfire

No matter how you slice that, it ain't "murder." The mob calls it that because the mob wants blood and can't think straight.
        Brooks was on probation I heard and so this was a violation of his probation. Explains his resistance to arrest because it probably meant him going back to prison instead of just a slap on the wrist.
        “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

• Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post
          Brooks was on probation I heard and so this was a violation of his probation. Explains his resistance to arrest because it probably meant him going back to prison instead of just a slap on the wrist.
          I've always believed cops are generally too aggressive. In fact, I just had one tailgating me this week through my city while (I assume) she was running my tags. If it was anyone else I would have been riding my brakes to get them off my tail. But because it was a cop with a possible attitude and a hair trigger, I grudingly put up with it.

In the case of Wolfe, he didn't do anything wrong. If it was me, however, I would have impounded Brooks' vehicle and told him to call for a ride. He didn't appear intoxicated to me. In the case of a borderline arrest and the suspect is being cooperative, I'd let him go. But that's me.

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            Interesting. I've been told by both police and lawyers that the field sobriety tests are a joke but serve the purpose of allowing the officer to observe the suspect for several minutes so that he couldn't later claim that he belched before taking the breath test which can result in a higher level of alcohol in the breath and therefore a false higher reading.
            Never heard anything like that. And my experience with BAC incidents was, as I said, back in the 70's. We didn't have portable breathalyzer equipment back then, so the subject had to be taken to the local police station, where we would have them blow into a machine that was about the size of a small suitcase. We would have to break the top off a small ampule of reagent to put into the machine first...

ampule.jpg breathalyzer.jpg

...and it was fun to watch the subject pretend to blow (putting their tongue over the end of the hose, their cheeks would puff out) and claim "I blew as hard as I could".

Fun days.
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• The officer is being charged with felony murder. Seriously????? This charge is way overboard and I don't dee it happening.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...rge-of-officer

Earlier on Wednesday, Fulton County District Attorney Paul Howard announced 11 charges against former officer Garrett Rolfe, who was fired after he shot 27-year-old Rayshard Brooks twice in the back on Friday night. A third shot hit a car with three people inside.
              So basically when he gets off the charge because there is no way you can charge him with this we'll end up seeing more riots and lootings, erm excuse me PEACEFUL PROTESTSTM

Comment

The officer is being charged with felony murder. Seriously????? This charge is way overboard and I don't dee it happening.
                I read somewhere that the District Attorney is in a tight race to keep his job AND is facing some sort of sexual battery complaint. So the last thing he wants to do is go against the mob and go easy on this cop.

Comment

I noted earlier how Atlanta has been facing a severe police shortage for awhile now and this has definitely opened the flood gates for an exodus. Still, there won't be a "complete walkout" since those who are close to retirement and their pension will likely tough it out.
                  An epidemic of "Blue Flu" has struck the Atlanta police. As of this morning the city won't say how many police officers are calling in sick and staying home but they wanted to assure the public that they still have enough to respond to 911 calls.

Meanwhile the counties surrounding Atlanta are beginning to court disgruntled officers urging them to give the city a well deserved single finger salute and come work there. Coweta County seems to have the most aggressive campaign but I'd be willing to bet other counties will soon be following suit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                  "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                  "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

DUI is rarely a slap on the wrist in Georgia.

A couple years back some celebutard in California got busted for their second or third DUI/DWI and everyone was shocked when she got sentenced to a couple weeks in jail. Here, such a jail sentence is pretty much mandatory for that along with losing your license for a couple years.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

The officer is being charged with felony murder. Seriously????? This charge is way overboard and I don't dee it happening.

https://thehill.com/homenews/state-w...rge-of-officer
                      Yup. He is facing the death penalty.

Comment

An epidemic of "Blue Flu" has struck the Atlanta police. As of this morning the city won't say how many police officers are calling in sick and staying home but they wanted to assure the public that they still have enough to respond to 911 calls.

Meanwhile the counties surrounding Atlanta are beginning to court disgruntled officers urging them to give the city a well deserved single finger salute and come work there. Coweta County seems to have the most aggressive campaign but I'd be willing to bet other counties will soon be following suit.
                        Richmond's Mayor had his apartment invaded by some protesters. His PRIVATE SECURITY turned them back.
                        That's what
                        - She

Without a clear-cut definition of sin, morality becomes a mere argument over the best way to train animals
                        - Manya the Holy Szin (The Quintara Marathon)

I may not be as old as dirt, but me and dirt are starting to have an awful lot in common
                        - Stephen R. Donaldson

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
                          Richmond's Mayor had his apartment invaded by some protesters. His PRIVATE SECURITY turned them back.
                          Security for me but not for thee.

Comment

Security for me but not for thee.
                            It isn't uncommon for those arguing the most vigorously for tough gun control measures to either own firearms themselves (some times illegally) or rely on armed guards for protection. I'll never forget when one of Ted Kennedy's phalanx of armed bodyguard got in trouble for carrying an Uzi in an airport.

Comment

It isn't uncommon for those arguing the most vigorously for tough gun control measures to either own firearms themselves (some times illegally) or rely on armed guards for protection. I'll never forget when one of Ted Kennedy's phalanx of armed bodyguard got in trouble for carrying an Uzi in an airport.
                              Hollywood doesn't want any of the protestors in THEIR gated communities.

Hollywood’s protest hypocrisy: We support your cause, but not in our rich neighborhood?
                              https://video.foxnews.com/v/6165244103001#sp=show-clips

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                                Hollywood doesn't want any of the protestors in THEIR gated communities.

Hollywood’s protest hypocrisy: We support your cause, but not in our rich neighborhood?
                                https://video.foxnews.com/v/6165244103001#sp=show-clips
                                The new NIMBY!!!! Democrats are great at that.
                                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment