Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Police guns down man after he tried to flee.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Really guys, this is all that ever needs be said.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      Even a blind hog can find a broken clock once in a while.
      Yes but, he can't make it drink...
      "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I make no apologies for the fact that I'm very Pro-LEO. My pastor is the local Police Chaplain, in which I have assisted on a couple of occasions. All those I've met are good men who do a VERY difficult job for relatively low wages, and with increasing criticism ranging from slight to being ambushed and shot (I have another LEO friend that this actually happened to). My best friend is a retired Officer after 27 years on the job. A former friend (former because he has since passed away) was also a local LEO. I thought very highly of these men both personally and professionally. I can say without hesitation that if this scenario had happened to one of them, I would be 100% on their side. Split second decision, in the dark, with an already combative and intoxicated person, who pointed a gun (or reasonably interpreted as such) at them...gets himself shot? No brainer IMO, righteous shoot.
        Last edited by Littlejoe; 06-14-2020, 12:19 PM.
        "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

Originally posted by Littlejoe View Post
          Yes but, he can't make it drink...
          Only when not attached to the rear of the cart.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Also to the OP's false narrative of "...gunned down while running away" Most likely he would still be alive if had just ran, pointing a weapon at them is what go him "gunned down".

Comment

Also to the OP's false narrative of "...gunned down while running away" Most likely he would still be alive if had just ran, pointing a weapon at them is what go him "gunned down".
              Bait click.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Only when not attached to the rear of the cart.
                while pulling it uphill both ways

Comment

while pulling it uphill both ways
                  In the scorching heat in 6 feet of snow

Comment

In the scorching heat in 6 feet of snow
                    While dancing on the head of a pin

Comment

While dancing on the head of a pin
                      while pinning it on the donkey

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
                        In the light of how much like a gun a taser looks I'll have to admit that rogue06 is right. I would have expected something this

Just because the gun shaped object pointed at you is bright yellow doesn't mean it's not a deadly weapon. You can buy handguns in a wide variety of colors, or have them customized.

external-content.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Basically, never point anything at an armed person if you don't want to get shot.
                        Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                        But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                        Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                          Just because the gun shaped object pointed at you is bright yellow doesn't mean it's not a deadly weapon. You can buy handguns in a wide variety of colors, or have them customized.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45623[/ATTACH]

Basically, never point anything at an armed person if you don't want to get shot.
                          I sorta figure that if I were a hardened criminal I'd paint the tips of my firearms bright orange so they resemble toys and might give me a split second advantage as the police hesitated.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

38701-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Enforcer_HiRes.54889d4c1d0fc.jpg
                            Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                              [ATTACH=CONFIG]45624[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]45625[/ATTACH]
                              What is important is what they look like when looking at the "business end."

Several years back cameramen in war zones were getting killed in increasing numbers leading some to conclude they must be being targeted. Then someone noted how similar a shoulder mounted video camera is in appearance to a RPG when viewed straight on.

IIRC one manufacture actually played on that with an ad campaign stating That's not a RPG, that's a CANON

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                                I sorta figure that if I were a hardened criminal I'd paint the tips of my firearms bright orange so they resemble toys and might give me a split second advantage as the police hesitated.
                                Seems like a perfect place to introduce regulations about the appearance of firearms. Carrying a lethal weapon of a wrong color would be a federal offense. But rational gun control like this will never happen in the US.

Comment