Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Seven Minneapolis police officers resign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seven Minneapolis police officers resign

Apparently police are getting demoralised and are quitting across the board.

https://www.startribune.com/seven-mi...ers/571241922/

Morale has sunk to new lows in recent weeks, say department insiders, as officers reported feeling misunderstood and squeezed by all sides: by the state probe; by protesters, who hurled bricks and epithets their way; by city leaders, who surrendered a police station that later burned on national television, and by the media. Numerous officers and protesters were injured the rioting.
    With police officers quitting at high numbers what's in store next? Will this last long? when crime skyrockets will people beg for the police back? Will it be up to the National Guard to take their place?

Also here is a video of Tim Pool talking about the recent resignations and he mentions some others that have taken place in other parts of the US if you are interested in perusing more. He also talks a bit about the Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone and some crimes he has learned that have taken place there (Robbery basically and tires slashed on a car just outside the zone).

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Remember, if it bleeds, it leads.... I'm sure there are many instances of this, but we're only hearing about the problems.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Minneapolis police? I have surprisingly little sympathy for these guys. I'm trying to find it, I must have misplaced it somewhere.

Comment

Seven resignations don't sound very "en masse" to me.

But large scale resignations have been predicted by several people and groups with some figuring that in the end most of those left will be those with only a few years left until they're eligible for their pension.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Seven resignations don't sound very "en masse" to me.

But large scale resignations have been predicted by several people and groups with some figuring that in the end most of those left will be those with only a few years left until they're eligible for their pension.
          The article posted is one example. Apparently officers are resigning at a rate of 6 a day and that's on top on retirement, etc.
          “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
              Minneapolis police? I have surprisingly little sympathy for these guys. I'm trying to find it, I must have misplaced it somewhere.
              You don't think there might actually be some good guys? You think that Chauvin and his buddies represent all of them?
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                You don't think there might actually be some good guys? You think that Chauvin and his buddies represent all of them?
                Some I’m sure are good people. But you gotta wonder when a guy like Chauvin got free reign for years and years. One bad apple spoils the bunch. There is a scary number of people killed by this guy. And there’s a long list misdemeanors.

And if you’re right that the union tied the police chiefs hands then they are culpable for the events in my books.

Comment

Some I’m sure are good people. But you gotta wonder when a guy like Chauvin got free reign for years and years.
                  I don't think you know how a big city police department works, Leon. These guys could be in different precincts (there were 5) and 800 officers.

One bad apple spoils the bunch.
                  An oft WAY overused cliche.

There is a scary number of people killed by this guy. And there’s a long list misdemeanors.
                  Chauvin killed lots of people?

And if you’re right that the union tied the police chiefs hands then they are culpable for the events in my books.
                  With regards to the bad guys --- the union would interfere. It wouldn't have to do that with the good guys.

Comment

I don't think you know how a big city police department works, Leon. These guys could be in different precincts (there were 5) and 800 officers.
                    Makes me wonder how much is going on. Chauvin wracked up 18 misdemeanors, and only two resulted in discipline.

An oft WAY overused cliche.
                    I find it preferable to "boys will be boys" I’ve heard that one for too long in my life.

Chauvin killed lots of people?
                    I will roll that statement back. It’s based on something I read wrong.

With regards to the bad guys --- the union would interfere. It wouldn't have to do that with the good guys.
                    If they intervened for guys as low as this they’re partly to blame. Chauvin should have been demoted to burger flipper a looong time ago.

Comment

Makes me wonder how much is going on. Chauvin wracked up 18 misdemeanors, and only two resulted in discipline.
                      The union kept protecting him.

I find it preferable to "boys will be boys" I’ve heard that one for too long in my life.
                      You have no idea, of the 800 officers, how many got in trouble.

I will roll that statement back. It’s based on something I read wrong.
                      I'm beginning to wonder what leftist wacko stuff you're reading, brother.

If they intervened for guys as low as this they’re partly to blame.
                      I've said all along - the Union here was PREVENTING reform.

Chauvin should have been demoted to burger flipper a looong time ago.
                      Union!

Comment

The union kept protecting him.
                        Amy Klobuchar failed to prosecute him. So Leon should have a problem with the upper system too.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Kl...r#Early_career

Klobuchar was elected Hennepin County attorney in 1998 and reelected in 2002 with no opposition. Minnesota Lawyer named her "Attorney of the Year". Klobuchar was President of the Minnesota County Attorneys Association from November 2002 to November 2003. After the May 2020 death of George Floyd in Minneapolis Police custody, Klobuchar was criticized for her lack of prosecution of police misconduct during her tenure, including a case involving the officer accused of murdering Floyd.

Comment

Some I’m sure are good people. But you gotta wonder when a guy like Chauvin got free reign for years and years. One bad apple spoils the bunch. There is a scary number of people killed by this guy. And there’s a long list misdemeanors.

I counter your "bad apple" metaphor with the "baby with the bathwater" metaphor!

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                            I counter your "bad apple" metaphor with the "baby with the bathwater" metaphor!

Edit: This is you we are talking about Sparko. You're a pirate, you always throw the baby out with the bathwater. Pirates don't raise kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Darth Ovious View Post

Edit: This is you we are talking about Sparko. You're a pirate, you always throw the baby out with the bathwater. Pirates don't raise kids.
                              I pirate wouldn't get within a hundred yards of bathwater!

Comment