Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Hillary's 2016 running mate claims that the U.S. "created" slavery

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Read my post again. The man clearly believes it or hopes you do.
    I did read it. It was hyperbole; a politician stoking emotions for his/her own ends.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim B. View Post
      Again, he wasn't claiming we "invented" it, but that it wasn't colonial American law at the time, although there was British Common Law precedent that could be cited as justification.
      Correct. He said we "created" it.

Given that you've posted multiple times in this thread since I asked you about the quote from Kaine that you provided as "context" and have ignored that request I believe that it is safe to assume that this was as I figured some sort of later "clarification" made after this started blowing up in his face. Especially since I provided a link to a copy of his speech which did not contain anything even remotely like that quote.

Btw, in case it escaped your attention, back in the 17th century we were under British law so there would be no need to pass separate redundant laws.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
        Two of my great great grandparents was alive before 1865, and they were children the rest were not even born yet. Can you please explain how I am responsible for things that happened generations ago?
        Of the one side of my family that was in the U.S. prior to the Civil War (the rest were still in Scandinavia and Germany and hadn't immigrated yet), my great grandfather and his brother both fought on the side of the North. I don't know about his brother but my great grandfather was severely wounded (although he did recover).

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
          I think it’s revealing how much leftist what you to flog yourself for things that happened centuries ago.
          And as I said in my post directly above the only relatives that I had living in the U.S. during that time fought on the side of the North with my great grandfather spilling his share of blood doing so.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
            I did read it. It was hyperbole an obvious lie that he kept repeating during his speech; a politician stoking emotions for his/her own ends.
            FIFY n/c.

Comment