Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Poor Joe --- He's Gonna Blow it....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poor Joe --- He's Gonna Blow it....

He's currently making speech where he's obviously trying to show how qualified he is to be POTUS.

He sounds like an angry old fool, blaming Trump, stumbling through mispronunciations of words, weird hand gestures, and awkward.....

Poor Joe. He was "in the lead" as long as he stayed in the basement.

OK, he calmed down a little, and is doing better.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

I haven't caught it all (busy doing stuff) but so far, a typical liberal speech....

No "THIS IS WHAT I WILL DO", but a constant stream of OMB.

ETA ---------------------------

And he ends the speech very awkwardly with a very sleepy....

Mr President..... (pause)

Wake up.... (pause)

There's plenty more to be done.

He walks off the stage, THEN the audience figures out, "oh, he's done!" and begin to clap.
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-17-2020, 01:51 PM.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      I haven't caught it all (busy doing stuff) but so far, a typical liberal speech....

No "THIS IS WHAT I WILL DO", but a constant stream of OMB.
      Office of Management & Budget?

One Man Band?

Oh My Bob?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Did he successfully drink his water?

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          Office of Management & Budget?

One Man Band?

Oh My Bob?
          OrangeManBad

Comment

It sounded like a speech prepared by his "people" to hit the various talking points his campaign thinks he needed to hit back against Trump. It sounded like he was just delivering someone else's speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              It sounded like a speech prepared by his "people" to hit the various talking points his campaign thinks he needed to hit back against Trump. It sounded like he was just delivering someone else's speech.
              Which might account for the awkward "emotional emphasis" at odd times. He just wasn't "feelin in". His "anger" seemed fake.

Comment

Did he at least remember which office he was running for?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Which might account for the awkward "emotional emphasis" at odd times. He just wasn't "feelin in". His "anger" seemed fake.
                  yep. like he was acting. poorly.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                    Did he at least remember which office he was running for?
                    I'm trying to find a video of the speech - I was a bit distracted at the time it was live, and only caught parts of it. Even some of the commentators were caught off guard when the speech was over - Joe just turned and walked off the platform.

I think he had to go tinkle.

Comment

I'm trying to find a video of the speech - I was a bit distracted at the time it was live, and only caught parts of it. Even some of the commentators were caught off guard when the speech was over - Joe just turned and walked off the platform.

I think he had to go tinkle.
                      Could he negotiate the glass of water AND the ramp?

Comment

He's currently making speech where he's obviously trying to show how qualified he is to be POTUS.

He sounds like an angry old fool, blaming Trump, stumbling through mispronunciations of words, weird hand gestures, and awkward.....

Poor Joe. He was "in the lead" as long as he stayed in the basement.

OK, he calmed down a little, and is doing better.
                        The best thing anyone can say about Joe Biden is that he's not Hillary Clinton.

But beyond that ... he's a creepy old coot with dementia and is prime for puppetmasters to take control of him. Scary.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                          The best thing anyone can say about Joe Biden is that he's not Hillary Clinton.
                          Ain't that the pure and simple.

But beyond that ... he's a creepy old coot with dementia and is prime for puppetmasters to take control of him. Scary.
                          It clearly looked like (to me, at least) he was coached into what to say and how to 'emote' it. It didn't have any genuine "this is who I am - vote for ME".

Comment

OK, this, maybe?

Wow... look how they actually have circles on the floor so you stay in your own little area! And EMPTY CHAIRS, even at that!

Comment

So, it seems he's either talking softly as Sleepy Joe or yelling as "tough Joe" - perhaps somebody reminds him (note - he's wearing earwigs and has TWO teleprompters) "sound TOUGH, Joe"....

Then, when he's done - it's like he doesn't know how to close. Looks down.... mutters "thank you" (I think) then walks off.

Comment