Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump encouraged China to build concentration camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Starlight View Post
    Everyone but Trump is a giant liar.
    All hail and all bow to the glorious leader whose words are the only truth.
    Put your brains in the box by the door on entry please.
    What brains? Don't they have a daily rota to determine who gets the brain cell?
    "It ain't necessarily so
    The things that you're liable
    To read in the Bible
    It ain't necessarily so
    ."

Sportin' Life
    Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It's more a case that liberals seem to think that anybody who says anything remotely bad about Trump is suddenly a paragon of virtue regardless of how sketchy he might otherwise be (and Bolton is plenty sketchy).

It's not even certain that Bolton's book will be released since he has failed to comply with the ordered classified intelligence review.
      In my opinion Bolton is loathsome [being that I am vile foreign Leftie] but for many Republicans he ticks all the right boxes.

Challenging the freedom of the press? I doubt it.
      "It ain't necessarily so
      To read in the Bible
      It ain't necessarily so
      ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Bill the Cat View Post
        If Bolton wants to be believed, publish the book for free.
        Why?
        "It ain't necessarily so
        To read in the Bible
        It ain't necessarily so
        ."

Sportin' Life

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
          Why not?
          Because he's not exactly an unbiased source (possible grudge against Trump, wanting to sell his book, general anti_trump atmosphere makes it easier to be anti-Trump and pro).

I'm skeptical of all sources, and especially ones that go along with the popular narrative.

That said, it could be true. I doubt we'll ever know, unless full transcripts of the conversation between Trump and Xi are released.
          ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
            Challenging the freedom of the press? I doubt it.
            Publishing classified information is not protected by the First Amendment. Not to mention Bolton is in violation of a non-disclosure agreement.

Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
            But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
            Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
              Publishing classified information is not protected by the First Amendment. Not to mention Bolton is in violation of a non-disclosure agreement.

[Bolton's lawyer] Chuck Cooper, wrote a Wall Street Journal op-ed this week intended to put public pressure on the White House. In it, Cooper volunteered that Bolton had violated both his NDA and perhaps a few criminal laws, including the Espionage Act. Now, even if BoltonÂ’s book is never released, he is facing stiff penalties. As unforced legal errors go, thatÂ’s a doozy.

Here are the two sentences that could cost Bolton a big stack of money, or worse: “He instructed me, as his lawyer, to submit the manuscript to Ellen Knight, the NSC’s senior director for prepublication review of materials written by NSC personnel. I sent Ms. Knight the manuscript on Dec. 30, days after the House had impeached the president and amid speculation that the Senate would subpoena Mr. Bolton to testify.”

See, here’s the thing about prepublication review: “Publication” means giving potentially classified information to anyone the government has not approved to receive it. Bolton and his lawyer committed one of the classic blunders that a national-security lawyer would have seen coming a mile away. Simply put, someone who has signed an NDA and received a clearance has to put anything they want to write through prepublication review before they can give it to anyone. Even their lawyer.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/opini...us/ar-BB15qsp2
              Great, that would serve Justice. The public gets the story, and Bolton gets nothing for telling it.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Great, that would serve Justice. The public gets the story, and Bolton gets nothing for telling it.
                Lol...so an NDA means nothing at all?
                Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  Hello? Iran?

This was the place right-wingers wanted regime change in.
                  Most everybody would like to see the regime changed in Iran. That doesn't mean most "right wingers" support the US going to war over it.

Trump didn't win his presidency on forcing a regime change in Iran, so I thought it was very surprising and disappointing that he hired Bolton in the first place.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                    Why?
                    Motive.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
                      Lol...so an NDA means nothing at all?
                      But this is VITAL information about the National Security of our Country at RISK --- which is why he didn't volunteer it at the impeachment stage, and is selling it now.
                      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                        And yet your posts often give the impression that you're inebriated. Weird.
                        What's even wierder is that your posts give the impression that you're sober.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          What's even wierder is that your posts give the impression that you're sober.
                          Well, nobody ever accused you of that, so ....

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                            Hello? Iran?

This was the place right-wingers wanted regime change in.
                            Regime change, sure. Sending more kids home in pine boxes, no.
                            "The man from the yacht thought he was the first to find England; I thought I was the first to find Europe. I did try to found a heresy of my own; and when I had put the last touches to it, I discovered that it was orthodoxy."
                            GK Chesterton; Orthodoxy

Comment

• Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Most everybody would like to see the regime changed in Iran. That doesn't mean most "right wingers" support the US going to war over it.
                              Most did until the pandemic became an actual thing.

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Trump didn't win his presidency on forcing a regime change in Iran, so I thought it was very surprising and disappointing that he hired Bolton in the first place.
                              Trump hired Bolton because Bolton was a hard-ass, which is exactly what Trump wants people to think he is. Bolton was a right-wing darling, and Trump always wants his supporters to support him more. You're right: Trump was almost the opposite of a "regime-change" kind of guy; he was for withdrawing US troops from international entanglements, and for lowering aid given to other countries.

Nevertheless, Bolton was hired SPECIFICALLY because of his hard-line / regime-change stance on Iran. You may not have approved of him, but you were in a (conservative) minority on the issue.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilpixieofterror View Post
                                Regime change, sure. Sending more kids home in pine boxes, no.
                                Trump prefers to cut out the middleman and just kill our citizens here.

Comment