Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump encouraged China to build concentration camps

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
    Not true. I claim that it is true because there is no way S&S would publish this book without heavy vetting.

So, you have to believe everything Glen Beck says, because S&S would never publish his books without heavy vetting?

I don't think you realize how many other names books are published under, related to the S&S name (some of which are Mercury Ink, Atria Publishing Group, the Scribner Publishing Group, the Simon & Schuster Publishing Group and the Gallery Publishing Group)

It's not your father's S&S.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post

So, you have to believe everything Glen Beck says, because S&S would never publish his books without heavy vetting?
      It depends on the nature of the book. Did Glen Beck write a book which was a book of his opinions?

No publisher of note is going to publish a book full of lies about things that the current president actually did which purports to accurately report history.

Comment

It depends on the nature of the book. Did Glen Beck write a book which was a book of his opinions?

No publisher of note is going to publish a book full of lies about things that the current president actually did which purports to accurately report history.
        That's precious.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          That's precious.
          So don't be coy. Do you think this book is full of lies or that it likely accurately reports history?

Comment

So don't be coy.
            You're such a buzzkill.

Do you think this book is full of lies or that it likely accurately reports history?
            Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
              If it was "a private meeting during the 2019 G20 meeting in Japan, Trump and Xi were accompanied only by their interpreters" - then how does Bolton know what they said?
              Bolton claims that one of the interpreters told him. Do you believe him? I don't.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                Bolton claims that one of the interpreters told him. Do you believe him? I don't.
                I don't know. I think Bolton has a chip on his shoulder for being fired and is a disgruntled former employee and you need to take that into account when reading anything he says. He seemed OK with it while he was working for Trump though, huh? He didn't quit in protest or come out and call Trump on what he said to Xi at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Why not?

Comment

I don't know. I think Bolton has a chip on his shoulder for being fired and is a disgruntled former employee and you need to take that into account when reading anything he says. He seemed OK with it while he was working for Trump though, huh? He didn't quit in protest or come out and call Trump on what he said to Xi at the time.
                    Actually he claims to have resigned, and he wasn't okay with what was going on when he was there. He told all those under him at the time, as they testified to in the impeachment trial, to tell the lawyers what's going on, and he made clear that he wasn't going to be a part of whatever scheme Trump and Giuliani were cooking up in the Ukraine scandal. The book itself seems to affirm that he wasn't happy, and apparently there were many others not happy with what was taking place in that Administration.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Actually he claims to have resigned, and he wasn't okay with what was going on when he was there. He told all those under him at the time, as they testified to in the impeachment trial, to tell the lawyers what's going on, and he made clear that he wasn't going to be a part of whatever scheme Trump and Giuliani were cooking up in the Ukraine scandal. The book itself seems to affirm that he wasn't happy, and apparently neither were many others happy with what was taking place in that Administration.
                      Nancy is kinda hacked that he didn't put his country first by reporting this during the impeachment hearings, apparently preferring to cash out with a book deal.

Comment

Bolton is probably the only person on the hill who is hated by everyone on both sides. And he looks like a walrus.

Comment

Bolton is probably the only person on the hill who is hated by everyone on both sides. And he looks like a walrus.
                          Yup --- he refused to "come to the aid of his country" during the impeachment hearings, but --- KACHING!!!!! --- time to spill the beans!!! That's gonna be hard to overcome.

Comment

Bolton justifying telling lies and deception in the name of protecting "national security" (btw, you know who else is accused of being the "Father of lies," but that's another subject) So if he personally considers Trump a threat to national security... lies and deception, baby!

Comment

Ok, that made me chuckle...

Bolton wasn't reviled by the right until recently, though he obviously is now...

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                                Ok, that made me chuckle...

Bolton wasn't reviled by the right until recently, though he obviously is now...
                                Not true. Trump got a lot of flak for picking him on his admin, which is sort of why I think it serves him right. Why did you pick the scumbag in the first place? What did you expect?

Comment