Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump masks and self-distancing,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
    i thought it was the democrats who promote abortion of blacks that best represents eugenics. The economic shutdown is causing suicides and will cause further deaths -- this was orchestrated primarily by democrat governors.
    off topic
    Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
    Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
    But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

The Darwin award goes to those tricked by the concern about number of "cases." They might as well report on the number of people who had mild stomachaches. Again, the irony is that protestors and rioters were allowed free reign in cities but people who want a free nation -- that type of gathering is dangerous.

The real danger is when a government has power to stop people from freely, peacefully assembling. If there only was an emergency shutdown of two weeks (while figuring out some aspects of a new and widespread virus), we could forgive the governments for their momentary violation of delegated powers. However, we see these governors continuing to act unilaterally in violation of the Constitutions, now with ignorant policies being enforced.
      Trump

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/21/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Live updates: Trump says he told officials to slow coronavirus testing to find fewer cases

Amid surging coronavirus infections nationwide, President Trump said at his campaign rally in Tulsa Saturday night that he told officials to administer fewer coronavirus tests to keep case numbers down.

After claiming the United States has tested 25 million people, Trump said: “When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please!’ ” A White House official later told The Washington Post that Trump was joking.

Eight states on Saturday reported their highest single-day case counts since the pandemic began, and daily new infections nationwide exceeded 30,000 on both Friday and Saturday. The country has not seen daily totals that high in more than seven weeks.

Here are some significant developments:

Spain ended its months-long state of emergency on Sunday, allowing in tourists from most of Europe but warning that measures must be followed to avoid a second wave.
      States across the South and West — Florida, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Utah, Washington, Nevada and Missouri — set records for single-day confirmed cases, and 13 states reached highs in seven-day new-case averages.
      The test kits for detecting the nation’s earliest cases failed because of “likely” contamination at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to a new federal review.
      Six members of Trump’s campaign advance team for his Tulsa rally tested positive for the virus, according to the president’s campaign.
      The National Institutes of Health said it halted a clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine for treating coronavirus patients, saying it “provides no benefit."

© Copyright Original Source

But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        I thought it was the Democrats who promote Abortion of blacks that best represents eugenics.
        If you can quote Democrats who say/do this, you'll have made a valid point.
        I guess you have missed the relationship of Dems and Planned Parenthood.
        I guess you can't quote Democrats promoting Abortion of blacks that best represents eugenics

Comment

I guess you can't quote Democrats promoting Abortion of blacks that best represents eugenics
          We don't tend to have confessions like they were going to the 12 step Eugenicists Anonymous program. I'm not sure why your mind cannot comprehend this.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Trump

Source: https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2020/06/21/coronavirus-live-updates-us/

Live updates: Trump says he told officials to slow coronavirus testing to find fewer cases

Amid surging coronavirus infections nationwide, President Trump said at his campaign rally in Tulsa Saturday night that he told officials to administer fewer coronavirus tests to keep case numbers down.

After claiming the United States has tested 25 million people, Trump said: “When you do testing to that extent, you’re going to find more people, you’re going to find more cases. So I said to my people, ‘Slow the testing down, please!’ ” A White House official later told The Washington Post that Trump was joking.

Eight states on Saturday reported their highest single-day case counts since the pandemic began, and daily new infections nationwide exceeded 30,000 on both Friday and Saturday. The country has not seen daily totals that high in more than seven weeks.

Here are some significant developments:

Spain ended its months-long state of emergency on Sunday, allowing in tourists from most of Europe but warning that measures must be followed to avoid a second wave.
            States across the South and West — Florida, Texas, Georgia, South Carolina, Utah, Washington, Nevada and Missouri — set records for single-day confirmed cases, and 13 states reached highs in seven-day new-case averages.
            The test kits for detecting the nation’s earliest cases failed because of “likely” contamination at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, according to a new federal review.
            Six members of Trump’s campaign advance team for his Tulsa rally tested positive for the virus, according to the president’s campaign.
            The National Institutes of Health said it halted a clinical trial of hydroxychloroquine for treating coronavirus patients, saying it “provides no benefit."

If you think in terms of proper scientific you would understand that non-systematic sampling of people for covid-19 test results has no significance. Only a few studies (one by USC) made a sufficient sampling process to determine the covid-19 positive rate that properly predicts the rate across the county or state -- sorry I forget the exact details.

How come WaPo cannot do a decent news story anymore?

Comment

If you think in terms of proper scientific you would understand that non-systematic sampling of people for covid-19 test results has no significance. Only a few studies (one by USC) made a sufficient sampling process to determine the covid-19 positive rate that properly predicts the rate across the county or state -- sorry I forget the exact details.

How come WaPo cannot do a decent news story anymore?
              Not a coherent answer worth responding to. You also have habit of making dishonest claims and unable to back them up with competent sources.

Frank

Comment

Not a coherent answer worth responding to. You also have habit of making dishonest claims and unable to back them up with competent sources.
                I thought you knew something about science. I guess not.

Comment

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/08/tulsa-trump-rally-coronavirus-353708

Tulsa health official: Trump rally ‘likely’ source of virus surge

“In the past few days, we’ve seen almost 500 new cases,” Dr. Bruce Dart said.

OKLAHOMA CITY — President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa in late June that drew thousands of participants and large protests “likely contributed” to a dramatic surge in new coronavirus cases, Tulsa City-County Health Department Director Dr. Bruce Dart said Wednesday.

Tulsa County reported 261 confirmed new cases on Monday, a one-day record high, and another 206 cases on Tuesday. By comparison, during the week before the June 20 Trump rally, there were 76 cases on Monday and 96 on Tuesday.

Although the health department’s policy is to not publicly identify individual settings where people may have contracted the virus, Dart said those large gatherings “more than likely” contributed to the spike.

“In the past few days, we’ve seen almost 500 new cases, and we had several large events just over two weeks ago, so I guess we just connect the dots,” Dart said.

Trump’s Tulsa rally, his first since the coronavirus pandemic hit the U.S., attracted thousands of people from around the country. About 6,200 people gathered inside the 19,000-seat BOK Center arena — far fewer than was expected.

Dart had urged the campaign to consider pushing back the date of the rally, fearing a potential surge in the number of coronavirus cases.

Trump campaign spokesman Tim Murtaugh said the campaign went to great lengths to ensure that those who attended the rally were protected.

“There were literally no health precautions to speak of as thousands looted, rioted, and protested in the streets and the media reported that it did not lead to a rise in coronavirus cases,” Murtaugh said in a statement. “Meanwhile, the President’s rally was 18 days ago, all attendees had their temperature checked, everyone was provided a mask, and there was plenty of hand sanitizer available for all.

“It’s obvious that the media’s concern about large gatherings begins and ends with Trump rallies,” he said.

Although masks were provided to rally goers, there was no requirement that participants wear them, and most didn’t.

Frank

Comment

Source: https://www.politico.com/news/2020/07/08/tulsa-trump-rally-coronavirus-353708

Tulsa health official: Trump rally ‘likely’ source of virus surge

“In the past few days, we’ve seen almost 500 new cases,” Dr. Bruce Dart said.

OKLAHOMA CITY — President Donald Trump’s campaign rally in Tulsa in late June that drew thousands of participants and large protests “likely contributed” to a dramatic surge in new coronavirus cases, Tulsa City-County Health Department Director Dr. Bruce Dart said Wednesday.
                    “There were literally no health precautions to speak of as thousands looted, rioted, and protested in the streets and the media reported that it did not lead to a rise in coronavirus cases,” Murtaugh said in a statement. “Meanwhile, the President’s rally was 18 days ago, all attendees had their temperature checked, everyone was provided a mask, and there was plenty of hand sanitizer available for all.

“It’s obvious that the media’s concern about large gatherings begins and ends with Trump rallies,” he said.

Although masks were provided to rally goers, there was no requirement that participants wear them, and most didn’t.

Anybody could have predicted that cases would only increase after a Trump rally but not after street riots.

The number of cases has not statistical value at all. You test more people then you have more positive tests. I heard a doctor talk about his nurses sending unused swabs back for COVID testing. The tests came back positive.

Comment

Anybody could have predicted that cases would only increase after a Trump rally but not after street riots.

The number of cases has not statistical value at all. You test more people then you have more positive tests. I heard a doctor talk about his nurses sending unused swabs back for COVID testing. The tests came back positive.
                      Anecdotal foolishness is not an argument. The rally encouraged large gatherings indoors and outdoors with demonstrations. The indoors lasted weeks, and on reporter and two others involved with the staff tested positive. Including those on Trumps staff that tested positive prior to the Rally, and they all particapated in meeting in doors.

Frank

Comment

Not anybody, no - but it does make sense.

Street protests are outside, where the air is open and there's plenty of ventilation. With an indoor arena, air is more confined (possibly even recirculated), and people in general don't move to different places very often.

Folks held their breath after the street protests, waiting to see if there'd be an infection spike; for the most part, there weren't many. A more confined area with people jammed together and staying in one place is just gonna magnify any chance of infection; so far, the increased chances seem to have born viral-fruit.

I mean, really, if we're supposed to assume that calls to defund the police automatically caused increased levels of violence in some places, it's perfectly reasonable to assume Trumpanzees got sick because of their cult-like worship of their orange messiah.

Comment

Not anybody, no - but it does make sense.

Street protests are outside, where the air is open and there's plenty of ventilation. With an indoor arena, air is more confined (possibly even recirculated), and people in general don't move to different places very often.

Folks held their breath after the street protests, waiting to see if there'd be an infection spike; for the most part, there weren't many. A more confined area with people jammed together and staying in one place is just gonna magnify any chance of infection; so far, the increased chances seem to have born viral-fruit.

I mean, really, if we're supposed to assume that calls to defund the police automatically caused increased levels of violence in some places, it's perfectly reasonable to assume Trumpanzees got sick because of their cult-like worship of their orange messiah.
                          O rite

Comment

O rite
                            That's what running away from a losing argument looks like.

Comment

That's what running away from a losing argument looks like.
                              whateverman. you have not been paying attention in class.

Comment

Anecdotal foolishness is not an argument. The rally encouraged large gatherings indoors and outdoors with demonstrations. The indoors lasted weeks, and on reporter and two others involved with the staff tested positive. Including those on Trumps staff that tested positive prior to the Rally, and they all particapated in meeting in doors.
                                Case numbers have no scientific or societal significance here. The testimony of doctors on these issues are relevant but just not reaching a scientific level. However, accumulated testimony of such cases is relevant. Sometimes this is all we have to go on when other sources become untrustworthy. There are lots of lessons to learn in this life.

Comment