Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Klobuchar removes herself from consideration as Biden's VP pick

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Klobuchar removes herself from consideration as Biden's VP pick

As the title says, while on MSNBC Thursday Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) told Lawrence O’Donnell that she was removing herself as a candidate to be Joe Biden’s vice presidential running mate.

This leaves Senators Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams as the ones listed as being on the short list still in the running.

Klobuchar declared that she was taking herself out of contention in order to make room for a "woman of color"[1]

Naturally, Warren said this means, that due to her Native American ancestry, that she's still in the running[2]

1. Someone please explain the the difference between saying someone is a person of color and saying that they're a colored person.

2. There is a slight chance I made the last bit up

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    As the title says, while on MSNBC Thursday Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) told Lawrence O’Donnell that she was removing herself as a candidate to be Joe Biden’s vice presidential running mate.

This leaves Senators Kamala Harris, Elizabeth Warren and failed Georgia gubernatorial candidate Stacey Abrams as the ones listed as being on the short list still in the running.

Klobuchar declared that she was taking herself out of contention in order to make room for a "woman of color"[1]

Naturally, Warren said this means, that due to her Native American ancestry, that she's still in the running[2]

1. Someone please explain the the difference between saying someone is a person of color and saying that they're a colored person.

2. There is a slight chance I made the last bit up
    Good, now if Amy Klobuchar could just remove herself to another planet then that would be great.
    “I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post

I think there's some other reason she took herself out of the picture. Regardless, I don't feel too strongly about this; I liked her as a presidential candidate, so whether she'd have been a good pick as VP is debatable.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        I think there's some other reason she took herself out of the picture. Regardless, I don't feel too strongly about this; I liked her as a presidential candidate, so whether she'd have been a good pick as VP is debatable.
        It kinda looks like she knows she won't be picked, so she "volunteers" not to get picked, rather than NOT being picked.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

The death knell was that she was the prosecutor who let Chauvin off for his past criminal behavior. She did a frantic damage control tour to black communities to try and salvage her image to no avail. Which sort of tells me she was destined to be the VP pick (perhaps she arranged this during the primaries when she dropped out and endorsed Biden) before the Floyd thing happened.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
            The death knell was that she was the prosecutor who let Chauvin off for his past criminal behavior. She did a frantic damage control tour to black communities to try and salvage her image to no avail. Which sort of tells me she was destined to be the VP pick (perhaps she arranged this during the primaries when she dropped out and endorsed Biden) before the Floyd thing happened.
            I hadn't heard any of this, which makes me think that even if it's true (and I doubt don't you), damage control really wasn't that frantic.

It would make sense that it'd cause her to remove herself as a candidate, though.

Comment

Amy Klobuchar.jpg

“I didn’t go to religion to make me happy. I always knew a bottle of Port would do that. If you want a religion to make you feel really comfortable, I certainly don’t recommend Christianity.” - C.S. Lewis

Comment

I hadn't heard any of this, which makes me think that even if it's true (and I doubt don't you), damage control really wasn't that frantic.

It would make sense that it'd cause her to remove herself as a candidate, though.
                Oh, it's definitely true. I've been following the VP race very closely for reasons I won't get into here. She's a shrewd woman, and CP is right. When she knew her VP chances were over, like the conniving opportunist politician she is, she turned it into a "self-sacrificing" political virtue signal. That's unfortunately something that Trump lacks as a politician because he's just not smart enough.

Comment