Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Oklahoma Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Most liberal protesters have been wearing masks loooong before the Chicom coronavirus.

Apparently it's a required part of the uniform
    Yes, it's called being intelligent.

Comment

You're right, no surprise considering how since the election you had one side declaring he's "not my president" and starting "Resist" movements.

I mean, what other result would be possible under such conditions?
      You are confusing cause and effect. He had started dividing the country even then. Many people, and quite many twebbers, failed to see the cause, provided excuses and whataboutism to pave the way for the poison.

Comment

You're right, no surprise considering how since the election you had one side declaring he's "not my president" and starting "Resist" movements.

I mean, what other result would be possible under such conditions?
        The President is supposed to tactfully embrace those differences, not stoke them. Paraphrasing, President Obama: "I will be everyones President." Trump: the democrats are evil, crazy people.

Comment

Trump: "We've never had an empty seat, we certainly won't have in Oklahoma."

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Well, yeah, cause this virus is so uniquely engineered that it focuses in on Republican rallies, and totally avoids liberal "protests".
            Did I write as much? As I am sure you are fully aware, the virus does not recognise political affiliations.
            "It ain't necessarily so
            The things that you're liable
            To read in the Bible
            It ain't necessarily so
            ."

Sportin' Life
            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
              Did I write as much? As I am sure you are fully aware, the virus does not recognise political affiliations.

You're a riot.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                I think it was a joke based on the public health recommendations that protests should only be attended depending on their content. (Which seems to turn the field into, basically, utilitarianism.)
                "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

I can't watch Trump's speeches. They make me queasy. I prefer his actions over his words.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    It had to be a bit of an embarrassment for him to arrive expecting tens of thousands of supporters to be gathered outside the arena where he was to speak before going inside. They went about tearing down the outdoor stage immediately as if no one would notice that no one showed up. Then they couldn't even fill the indoor arena. Trump won Oklahoma big time in 2016 and if he has problems bringing in the crowd there, which is why he had first rally there, then that doesn't bode well for his future campaign.
                    cool
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                      Trump: "We've never had an empty seat, we certainly won't have in Oklahoma."
                      Not the first time he's been wrong.

Now let's see if Biden can break the two dozen or so threshold

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                        I can't watch Trump's speeches. They make me queasy. I prefer his actions over his words.
                        Yeah, I was in the pool for the second half of the speech, and he finally hit some issues, albeit in his very Trumpian style.

Comment

You... you.... WHATABOUTISMIST!!!!!

Comment

True, he most often is.

Biden isn't a cult leader, he's up by 12 points with no rally's.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
                              Right. You prefer him dispersing protestors against racism with chemical agents and armed police for a photo op. You prefer him endangering his own followers lives by hold a narcissistic love Trump fest in ok as the pandemic surges there. You prefer him asking china to help him win an election, the list is long of what you prefer.

The devil promised faust a few short years of youth to win a women's heart in exchange for his soul. He took the bargain and it cost him his soul, AND everything he hoped to gain by making it.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                                Right. You prefer him dispersing protestors against racism with chemical agents and armed police for a photo op.
                                Seems that the whole tear gas thing has been shown to be codswallop though it is no surprise that you still embrace it with the ferocity of a bear hug.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment