Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Trump's Oklahoma Rally

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
    Nope. It covered that. While Democrats are enthusiastic about beating Trump they have very little enthusiasm for Biden. Historically (if that means anything any more) in elections where one side is motivated by hatred alone that typically means a lot of them end up not bothering. You always want your supporters to be interested in you winning and not just the other guy losing.
    Hush - let them think they got this!
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I [sic] didn't take long before you needed to rely on selective outrage
      Good catch - I missed that.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        WOW, Charles can make goofy faces and clap!
        But can he do them at the same time?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

But can he do them at the same time?
          It's always a blessing to see him care so much about us that he tries to help us be betterererer.

Comment

[...]And Oh noes Trump didn't focus on what the MSM wanted him to focus on but rather what likely would be of even more interest to those who turned out. [ATTACH=CONFIG]45841[/ATTACH]
            Like:

Trump said he told his administration, "slow the testing down, please" reiterating his argument that higher test numbers led to higher case counts.
            The president also suggested, without evidence, that COVID-19 is being over-reported. Experts, including members of Trump's own coronavirus task force, have said they believe COVID-19 cases are being under-reported, not over-reported.
            https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ly/3231998001/

Comment

Yes, Trump LOVES to pull the chains of the liberals.

Comment

He loves to further divide the country with his hateful rhetoric, which I don't think will help him gain support.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  He loves to further divide the country with his hateful rhetoric, which I don't think will help him gain support.
                  I do hate that about him. Always have.

Comment

And fools that they are they virtually hand him the chains again and again so that he can do it.

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Well, yeah, cause this virus is so uniquely engineered that it focuses in on Republican rallies, and totally avoids liberal "protests".
                      At least most of the protesters were intelligent enough to wear masks. Is the Trump crowd just imbecilic or what?

Comment

The divided country has started to become a problem, not only for the minorities but for everyone. It shouldn't be a surprise, really, but for quite many it appears to be.

Comment

At least most of the protesters were intelligent enough to wear masks. Is the Trump crowd just imbecilic or what?
                          Most liberal protesters have been wearing masks loooong before the Chicom coronavirus.

Apparently it's a required part of the uniform

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
                            The divided country has started to become a problem, not only for the minorities but for everyone. It shouldn't be a surprise, really, but for quite many it appears to be.
                            You're right, no surprise considering how since the election you had one side declaring he's "not my president" and starting "Resist" movements.

I mean, what other result would be possible under such conditions?

Comment

I do hate that about him. Always have.
                              Yeah, while all politicians enjoy tweaking the opposition from time to time, Trump just does it too often for my taste.

Comment

OK, the first part was long and boring - about the ramp and the cup of water.
                                My wife had seen a campaign commercial making fun of him, so I guess he felt he had to deal with that.

Really wasn't impressed with the first part at all, but it sure was a contrast from Sleepy Joe's incredibly boring incredibly poorly attended sleeper.

He hit some good notes about the chaos under Democrat control, but I'm interested to see what others thought.

(I didn't watch it all, as I decided to take a refreshing swim with Mrs CP this evening )
                                It had to be a bit of an embarrassment for him to arrive expecting tens of thousands of supporters to be gathered outside the arena where he was to speak before going inside. They went about tearing down the outdoor stage immediately as if no one would notice that no one showed up. Then they couldn't even fill the indoor arena. Trump won Oklahoma big time in 2016 and if he has problems bringing in the crowd there, which is why he had first rally there, then that doesn't bode well for his future campaign.

Comment