Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas governor recommends mask usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Get help.
    Ad hominem does not become you. I remind you that you play a dangerous game preaching on sunday and then lying about and denigrating others during the week. Is that really the direction you want to go?
    My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

And there are those who seem to have, long ago, lost the Joy of their Salvation.
      Looking at how you and MM support each other in so many instances where you are both obviously wrong rather gives me the impression you have forgotten those words about the blind leading the blind and where they ended.
      "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
        Ad hominem does not become you. I remind you that you play a dangerous game preaching on sunday and then lying about and denigrating others during the week. Is that really the direction you want to go?
        I was thinking about exactly that when he talked about Joy of Salvation. Not much joy or truth to be seen.
        "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment

....Who knows maybe you think it's fun to encourage the misinformation about mask wearing...
          You really are one sorry sick twisted screwed up individual, Jim.

I'm swayed by concern for our people, which is why I (we) am/are doing some serious study on what's going on around our county, and preparing to respond accordingly.

We have had some cases of teens and children - not really in our vicinity, but "close enough" - that we are doing research and "running the traps".
          Does THAT sound like fun to you?

Get help, Jim.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
            I was thinking about exactly that when he talked about Joy of Salvation. Not much joy or truth to be seen.
            Ah, another member of the Fellowship of the Lost weighs in!
            The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

What was that you said about not being self righteous?
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Ah, another member of the Fellowship of the Lost weighs in!
                So much for the joy of Salvation. At least you can use it for ad hominems.

Comment

Actually, Charles, I have posts all over TWeb sharing the Joy of my Salvation.
                  I bet you can't find ONE by Ox.

I'm fully capable of sharing the Joy of Christ, AND standing up to a false accuser of the brethren.

Good that he has friends like you.

Comment

How bout you, Charles? Have you EVER contributed anything of substance? Particularly anything other than gloom and doom or nannying or complaining or judgmentalism?

ANYTHING????

Comment

Actually, Charles, I have posts all over TWeb sharing the Joy of my Salvation.
                      I bet you can't find ONE by Ox.

I'm fully capable of sharing the Joy of Christ, AND standing up to a false accuser of the brethren.

Good that he has friends like you.
                      This very post is just another reason I certainly doubt it. No joy to be found but frustration, false statements and braging to the extent that it is way too obvious.

If only someone could save you from the idea that you are saved.

Comment

This very post is just another reason I certainly doubt it.
                        How refreshing - an enemy of the Cross doubts!

No joy to be found but frustration,
                        Laughing ---- I have TONS of Joy.... some people just tend to bring out other emotions.
                        Look at the "Joy" Jesus had dealing with the Pharisees.

false statements and braging to the extent that it is way too obvious.
                        Let the Redeemed of the Lord say so! I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.

If only someone could save you from the idea that you are saved.
                        That's the job of Satan, your boss.

Comment

How refreshing - an enemy of the Cross doubts!

Laughing ---- I have TONS of Joy.... some people just tend to bring out other emotions.
                          Look at the "Joy" Jesus had dealing with the Pharisees.

Let the Redeemed of the Lord say so! I'm not ashamed of the Gospel of Christ.

That's the job of Satan, your boss.
                          Ok, boss.

Comment

Ok, boss.
                            That was actually clever!

(Jake actually looked up at me like --- what's so funny?)

Comment

That was actually clever!

(Jake actually looked up at me like --- what's so funny?)
                              Thanks.

Comment

Thanks.
                                I even amen'd you!

Comment