Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Texas governor recommends mask usage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post

Because most people care about their own safety, and actually even care a little about other people's safety too. They just need someone to shut the mouths of the loud mouthed idiots like we have here and in the white house.
    And there you have it once again from oxmixmudd. Now not only is Trump to blame for the spread of Wuhan, but Tweb is also right up there with him.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      Could you be any more blatantly hypocritical?
      I just love how in the post I partially quoted just now he said it was about politics, and then promptly blamed Trump AND Tweb!

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Could you be any more blatantly hypocritical?
        Of course it's politics. To pretend it's not is just plain ignorant. BOTH sides are playing this to political damage.
        Biden just made his sleeper speech on how badly Trump has handled this situation.
        A POLITICAL campaign speech.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
          And there you have it once again from oxmixmudd. Now not only is Trump to blame for the spread of Wuhan, but Tweb is also right up there with him.
          But it's NOT political.
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
            Dodge noted.

The propaganda this administration has fed you and so many on this website has now killed over 100,000 people that did not need to die.

How many more must die?

Will you only care when it is your parents or other older relatives that are dying alone in a hospital?

Will you only care when it is you?
            What happened to, "Please stop trying to make this about politics. This is a serious virus that is killing people?"

Again, stop playing this like it is politics. It is a virus. And the only way to stop it is to do what will stop it from spreading. And the only way to know what that is is to listen to the science and the data.

Right now we need to keep our distance when we can and wear masks properly, diligently, when we can't
            You just made it about politics. I thought I would have more time before I got to throw it back in your face.

I never said anything "antiscience" - I was just referring to how the liberals are the one's politicizing the virus. There were "studies" that showed that the riots did not increase COVID cases, but they were warning that Trump's rally would increase cases, and only a few days after the rally they were claiming it did so when there is no way it could have been tallied that quickly since the incubation period is up to two weeks.

Comment

• Originally posted by mossrose View Post
              He thinks of himself as the only sane man in a crowd of lunatics, but of course he has it backwards.
              Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
              But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
              Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

He thinks of himself as the only sane man in a crowd of lunatics, but of course he has it backwards.
                Sadly, I'm afraid you are correct.

Comment

One of my favorite stories....

woman watching news sees traffic cam reports of a "wrong way driver" on I-10 in Houston in very heavy traffic, police in pursuit and trying to clear the highway...
                  her elderly father is driving in Houston, so she calls to alert him -- "DAD, be CAREFUL, there's a WRONG WAY DRIVER on I-10"
                  Dad -- "the HECK there is --- there are HUNDREDS OF THEM!!!!!!

Comment

• I believe Abbott is about to issue a face mask order for Texas.

Comment

• Gov. Abbott establishes statewide face covering requirement, issues proclamation to limit gatherings

AUSTIN, Texas —

Texas Governor Greg Abbott has issued an Executive Order requiring all Texans to wear a face covering over the nose and mouth in public spaces in counties with 20 or more positive COVID-19 cases, with few exceptions.

The governor also issued a proclamation giving mayors and county judges the ability to impose restrictions on some outdoor gatherings of more than 10 people, and making it mandatory that, with certain exceptions, people cannot be in groups larger than ten and must maintain six feet of social distancing from others.

"Wearing a face covering in public is proven to be one of the most effective ways we have to slow the spread of COVID-19,” said Gov. Abbott. “We have the ability to keep businesses open and move our economy forward so that Texans can continue to earn a paycheck, but it requires each of us to do our part to protect one another—and that means wearing a face covering in public spaces. Likewise, large gatherings are a clear contributor to the rise in COVID-19 cases. Restricting the size of groups gatherings will strengthen Texas’ ability to corral this virus and keep Texans safe. We all have a responsibility to slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep our communities safe. If Texans commit to wearing face coverings in public spaces and follow the best health and safety practices, we can both slow the spread of COVID-19 and keep Texas open for business. I urge all Texans to wear a face covering in public, not just for their own health, but for the health of their families, friends, and for all our fellow Texans.”

Additionally, Gov. Abbott released a new video message to coincide with his Executive Order, encouraging Texans to do their part to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and keep their communities safe.

Comment

• It is about time we wear masks. We really needed them when people were going to the hospital in great numbers ... now that this is not happening (and never happened in the Dallas County numbers we saw), it is all important to don face masks.

Comment

• I'm shocked, *shocked!*, that biology works the same in Texas as everywhere else.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                            I'm shocked, *shocked!*, that biology works the same in Texas as everywhere else.
                            I'm not at all - I've been complying with the guidance for my area all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by DivineOb View Post
                              I'm shocked, *shocked!*, that biology works the same in Texas as everywhere else.

to be sure... the numbers of death in that analysis remained below flu-death levels of other years. the number of deaths did not increase after quarantine ended nor after Memorial Day. So masks have proven to be unnecessary all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                                It is about time we wear masks. We really needed them when people were going to the hospital in great numbers ... now that this is not happening (and never happened in the Dallas County numbers we saw), it is all important to don face masks.
                                As I've said before, face masks are the new virtue signaling. "Look at my mask and see how much I care!"

My big concern is that if all these draconian measures are believed to be able to check something as supposedly deadly as the China flu, then think of how it could stop other less serious diseases dead in their tracks. Will we become a permanently masked and socially distanced culture? After all, if it can save just one life then it's worth it, right?
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment