Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter

Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter

WARNING - veiled profanity, but direct quotes....

On the fourth anniversary of his death, Muhammad Ali’s only biological son says that his father would be against Black Lives Matter, calling the movement “racist” and the protesters “devils.”

The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.

“Don’t bust up s–t, don’t trash the place,” he told The Post. “You can peacefully protest.

‘‘My father would have said, ‘They ain’t nothing but devils.’ My father said, ‘All lives matter.’ I don’t think he’d agree.”

Of the BLM movement, Ali Jr., a Muslim like his father, said: “I think it’s racist.”

“It’s not just black lives matter, white lives matter, Chinese lives matter, all lives matter, everybody’s life matters. God loves everyone — he never singled anyone out. Killing is wrong no matter who it is,” Ali said during an hour-long interview with The Post.

On police brutality, Ali defended law enforcement in general.

“Police don’t wake up and think, ‘I’m going to kill a n—-r today or kill a white man,'” he said. “They’re just trying to make it back home to their family in one piece.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

2. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The legendary boxer and activist stood up against racism throughout his life, but Muhammad Ali Jr. says his dad would have been sickened by how the protests have turned to violence and looting after the death of George Floyd.

“Don’t bust up s–t, don’t trash the place,” he told The Post. “You can peacefully protest.

‘‘My father would have said, ‘They ain’t nothing but devils.’ My father said, ‘All lives matter.’ I don’t think he’d agree.”

Of the BLM movement, Ali Jr., a Muslim like his father, said: “I think it’s racist.”
    Duh. Of course it's racist. It's about black people, their lives, and they way they deserve to keep em.

I don't agree that Ali would have disliked BLM, especially because he would have been smart enough to recognize the difference between the protests and the violence.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Duh. Of course it's racist. It's about black people, their lives, and they way they deserve to keep em.

I don't agree that Ali would have disliked BLM.
    You're calling his son a liar? You believe you know better than his own son what Ali would like?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And more....

“I think Trump’s a good president. My father would have supported him. Trump’s not a racist, he’s for all the people. Democrats are the ones who are racist and not for everybody.

“These [Democrat politicians] saying Black Lives Matter, who the hell are you to say that? You’re not even black.

“Democrats don’t give a s–t about anybody. Hillary Clinton doesn’t give a s–t; she’s trying not to get locked up.

“Trump is much better than Clinton and Obama. … The only one to do what he said he would do is Donald Trump.”

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    You're calling his son a liar?
    Shut up. You can disagree with what someone said without calling them a liar.

You believe you know better than his own son what Ali would like?
    Nope, and I never claimed that. You've had a bee in your bonnet the last few days, and while it's perfectly fine to disagree with me or question what I say, get some wasp spray and take care of the problem.

I think his son is misinterpreting both his father's position on racism, as well as the nature of the BLM protests.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shut up.
    Make me.

You can disagree with what someone said without calling them a liar.
    Either he's telling the truth, or he's not. I have no reason to doubt he's telling the truth, and every reason in the world to believe you really have no way of knowing what Ali would think.

Nope, and I never claimed that. You've had a bee in your bonnet the last few days,

A "bee in my bonnet"?

and while it's perfectly fine to disagree with me or question what I say, get some wasp spray and take care of the problem.

I think his son is misinterpreting both his father's position on racism, as well as the nature of the BLM protests.
    How very precious.

tWebber
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    And more....

“I think Trump’s a good president. My father would have supported him. Trump’s not a racist, he’s for all the people. Democrats are the ones who are racist and not for everybody.

“These [Democrat politicians] saying Black Lives Matter, who the hell are you to say that? You’re not even black.

“Democrats don’t give a s–t about anybody. Hillary Clinton doesn’t give a s–t; she’s trying not to get locked up.

“Trump is much better than Clinton and Obama. … The only one to do what he said he would do is Donald Trump.”
    You know what they say about people unsure about whether to vote for Biden or Trump.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Shut up.
    I'm still laughing at this --- the guy who claims I "have a bee in my bonnet" begins a post with "shut up".

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    From the Black Lives Matter website

{from the front page}

We appreciate your support of the movement and our ongoing fight to end State-sanctioned violence, liberate Black people, and end white supremacy forever.

{from 'What we believe', emphasis mine}

We are guided by the fact that all Black lives matter, regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, immigration status, or location.

We make space for transgender brothers and sisters to participate and lead.

We are self-reflexive and do the work required to dismantle cisgender privilege and uplift Black trans folk, especially Black trans women who continue to be disproportionately impacted by trans-antagonistic violence.

We build a space that affirms Black women and is free from sexism, misogyny, and environments in which men are centered.

We practice empathy. We engage comrades with the intent to learn about and connect with their contexts.

We make our spaces family-friendly and enable parents to fully participate with their children. We dismantle the patriarchal practice that requires mothers to work “double shifts” so that they can mother in private even as they participate in public justice work.

We disrupt the Western-prescribed nuclear family structure requirement by supporting each other as extended families and “villages” that collectively care for one another, especially our children, to the degree that mothers, parents, and children are comfortable.

We foster a queer‐affirming network. When we gather, we do so with the intention of freeing ourselves from the tight grip of heteronormative thinking, or rather, the belief that all in the world are heterosexual (unless s/he or they disclose otherwise).

We cultivate an intergenerational and communal network free from ageism. We believe that all people, regardless of age, show up with the capacity to lead and learn.

We embody and practice justice, liberation, and peace in our engagements with one another.

Interesting...

{from 'Herstory', emphasis mine}
    As organizers who work with everyday people, BLM members see and understand significant gaps in movement spaces and leadership. Black liberation movements in this country have created room, space, and leadership mostly for Black heterosexual, cisgender men — leaving women, queer and transgender people, and others either out of the movement or in the background to move the work forward with little or no recognition. As a network, we have always recognized the need to center the leadership of women and queer and trans people. To maximize our movement muscle, and to be intentional about not replicating harmful practices that excluded so many in past movements for liberation, we made a commitment to placing those at the margins closer to the center.

Tamir Rice, Tanisha Anderson, Mya Hall, Walter Scott, Sandra Bland — these names are inherently important. The space that #BlackLivesMatter held and continues to hold helped propel the conversation around the state-sanctioned violence they experienced. We particularly highlighted the egregious ways in which Black women, specifically Black trans women, are violated. #BlackLivesMatter was developed in support of all Black lives.

{from '6 Years strong'}

For more than 500 years Black people have been fighting for our freedom. We have fought back against slavery, Black codes, Jim Crow laws, policing, incarceration, some of the highest unemployment rates, consistent homelessness, dying while giving birth, being murdered for being trans or non-binary. We have been the consistent moral compass in a country that has thrived on harming the most vulnerable of its population.

Every Black person who has fought for our dignity deserves the deepest bow of gratitude. Six years later and Black activists and organizers are moving forward towards justice, towards visions, towards a world where our families and communities are no longer the sacrifice for a better America, for a better world. We are doing that through our continued fight against elected officials, be it Democrat or Republican, who don’t share a vision that is radical and intersectional. We are building grassroots power with Black communities who have been left out the political process. We are building new spaces and places that tell Black stories and remind the world our everlasting contributions.
    ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxVel View Post
    From the Black Lives Matter website

{from the front page}

{from 'What we believe', emphasis mine}

Interesting...

{from 'Herstory', emphasis mine}

{from '6 Years strong'}
    I think I posted this some time back, but, yeah.... the agenda is not just about Black Lives at all.

So, yeah, look at what BLM says about themselves -- not just a bunch of self-righteous feel-good white crackers.