Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Muhammad Ali’s son says dad would have hated ‘racist’ Black Lives Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
    You've simply been pushing a lie
    Jim, you've really been pushing the boundaries with this false accusation of calling me a liar.
    You need to prove I lied when you call me a liar.

in asserting that those who disagree with Ali's sons opinion are calling him a liar.
    I never said anybody was calling him a liar. I said it was "pretty much" that. Not outright calling him a liar - but dancing all around it.

You made that assertion in your first post in reply to whateverman. No one has called him a liar, and the only one pushing that lie in this thread was you, CP.
    Prove it.

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    You're calling his son a liar? You believe you know better than his own son what Ali would like?
    This is a question, Jim. THIS was my first response to whaterman. Your accusation is false.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I wouldn't rejoice too much just yet CP, the appeals court decision, horrible as it was, is not the final word yet.
      I think you posted in the wrong thread, Jim --- this is about your conduct here.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

You've simply been pushing a lie in asserting that those who disagree with Ali's sons opinion are calling him a liar. You made that assertion in your first post in reply to whateverman. No one has called him a liar, and the only one pushing that lie in this thread was you, CP.
        Jim, I'm really getting tired of your endless rants about my honesty (or dishonesty, as you falsely charge) and this most recent false accusation of me lying.
        This time, you made a much more specific charge, which can very easily be proven false.
        I did so in the previous response.

I have been reluctant to report you for this ongoing false accusation crap, because I know you'd squeal like a stuck pig if the moderators ruled against you.
        You've already hinted at that.

I'm drawing the line.

You have CLEARLY called me a liar without substantiation.

Obviously, I've become rather skilled at pushing your buttons -- I need to dial that back.
        I apologize for pushing you - because it's way too easy to "set you off".

This most recent accusation of yours is, itself, an outright lie, and I have proven it.
        You pointed to a specific post and accused me saying....

Originally posted by JimL
        You've simply been pushing a lie in asserting that those who disagree with Ali's sons opinion are calling him a liar. You made that assertion in your first post in reply to whateverman.
        I have already demonstrated that my actual response was a QUESTION, not an accusation, to wit:

Originally posted by CP
        You're calling his son a liar? You believe you know better than his own son what Ali would like?
        TWO questions. And whateverman was clearly calling into question the truthfulness of Ali's son's statements.

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
        Duh. Of course it's racist. It's about black people, their lives, and they way they deserve to keep em.

I don't agree that Ali would have disliked BLM, especially because he would have been smart enough to recognize the difference between the protests and the violence.
        He did not accuse Ali's son of lying, but it sounded like that was the implication -- so I ASKED.

Your accusation of lying is, therefore, an outright lie. I have every right to call YOU a liar, and substantiate it in this very post.

You have been playing fast and loose with this whole "you're a liar" "you're dishonest" thing. That's dishonesty on your part.

I'm not putting up with it anymore. If you accuse me of dishonesty or lying, it needs to be substantiated in the post where you make the accusation.

We consider a lie to be a poster knowingly and willfully making a statement they know to be untrue. If you call someone a liar you need to substantiate it. In order to substantiate an accusation of lying, it must be shown that the poster in question is stating something they know to be untrue. Opinions or facts that are in dispute should never be referred to as lies. Someone's faith or beliefs should also never be referred to as lying. We will not allow repeated accusations of lying. We will moderate any tossing out the term "liar" - and similar charges - when it is used in place of a response or as a mere insult to denigrate the other person, as judged by the moderators. We will also not allow repeated posts calling someone a liar, accusing them of lying, or claiming their post is a lie. If you wish to challenge the truth of someone's statement, then do so ONLY ONCE in the thread, and substantiate your claim IN THE SAME POST. Further discussion of the matter will only be allowed in the Padded Room.

Thanks

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          Jim, I'm really getting tired of your endless rants about my honesty (or dishonesty, as you falsely charge) and this most recent false accusation of me lying.
          This time, you made a much more specific charge, which can very easily be proven false.
          I did so in the previous response.

I have been reluctant to report you for this ongoing false accusation crap, because I know you'd squeal like a stuck pig if the moderators ruled against you.
          You've already hinted at that.

I'm drawing the line.

You have CLEARLY called me a liar without substantiation.

Obviously, I've become rather skilled at pushing your buttons -- I need to dial that back.
          I apologize for pushing you - because it's way too easy to "set you off".

This most recent accusation of yours is, itself, an outright lie, and I have proven it.
          You pointed to a specific post and accused me saying....

I have already demonstrated that my actual response was a QUESTION, not an accusation, to wit:

TWO questions. And whateverman was clearly calling into question the truthfulness of Ali's son's statements.

He did not accuse Ali's son of lying, but it sounded like that was the implication -- so I ASKED.

Your accusation of lying is, therefore, an outright lie. I have every right to call YOU a liar, and substantiate it in this very post.

You have been playing fast and loose with this whole "you're a liar" "you're dishonest" thing. That's dishonesty on your part.

I'm not putting up with it anymore. If you accuse me of dishonesty or lying, it needs to be substantiated in the post where you make the accusation.

We consider a lie to be a poster knowingly and willfully making a statement they know to be untrue. If you call someone a liar you need to substantiate it. In order to substantiate an accusation of lying, it must be shown that the poster in question is stating something they know to be untrue. Opinions or facts that are in dispute should never be referred to as lies. Someone's faith or beliefs should also never be referred to as lying. We will not allow repeated accusations of lying. We will moderate any tossing out the term "liar" - and similar charges - when it is used in place of a response or as a mere insult to denigrate the other person, as judged by the moderators. We will also not allow repeated posts calling someone a liar, accusing them of lying, or claiming their post is a lie. If you wish to challenge the truth of someone's statement, then do so ONLY ONCE in the thread, and substantiate your claim IN THE SAME POST. Further discussion of the matter will only be allowed in the Padded Room.

Thanks
          Really CP, you never claimed that those of us in this threa were calling Ali's son a liar? Check out post # 26, 37, 39, 50, 58, 79, 99, 102, and 107. That we were calling Ali's son a liar was your claim throughout this entire thread. And no matter how many times we said that we were not calling him a liar, you kept it up. Nobody in this thread said that Ali's son was a liar, so yes you were lying about that and you kept lying about no matter how many times we corrected you.

Comment

Really CP, you never claimed that those of us in this threa were calling Ali's son a liar? Check out post # 26, 37, 39, 50, 58, 79, 99, 102, and 107. That we were calling Ali's son a liar was your claim throughout this entire thread. And no matter how many times we said that we were not calling him a liar, you kept it up. Nobody in this thread said that Ali's son was a liar, so yes you were lying about that and you kept lying about no matter how many times we corrected you.
            Yup.

Comment

whateverman was clearly calling into question the truthfulness of Ali's son's statements.

Nope. You IMPLIED. You lobbed personal attacks in response to civil posts about a public figure.

And as I explained, calling the son's opinions into question doesn't imply that I'm calling him a liar. Yet you repeated the question - as if you weren't actually interested in listening to my response.

Comment

So why did you pick the one where I was clearly NOT calling anybody a liar? THAT is the basis on which you called me a liar, Jim.

ETA: Wow, just sampling a few of your "examples" explains why you didn't use actual quotes.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                  Nope. You IMPLIED.
                  Nope. You INFERRED. I asked a valid question. If you disagree with Ali's son's statements, are you saying he lied about what his father said?
                  Totally legitimate. What would be another explanation?

You lobbed personal attacks in response to civil posts about a public figure.
                  Example, please?
                  (lemme guess - when YOU post, it's "civil", but when I post, it's "personal attacks"?)

And as I explained, calling the son's opinions into question doesn't imply that I'm calling him a liar. Yet you repeated the question - as if you weren't actually interested in listening to my response.
                  So, what's your explanation? Why would his son say these things if they weren't true?

Comment

You've simply been pushing a lie in asserting that those who disagree with Ali's sons opinion are calling him a liar. You made that assertion in your first post in reply to whateverman. No one has called him a liar, and the only one pushing that lie in this thread was you, CP.
                    Moderated By: ke7ejx

You do not get to call people a liar without offering proof that they lied and you know it well. You need to check yourself, JimL. Knock it off.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
                    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Padded Room unless told otherwise.

I am Punkinhead.

"I have missed you, Oh Grand High Priestess of the Order of the Stirring Pot"

~ Cow Poke aka CP aka Creacher aka ke7ejx's apprentice....

Comment

So why did you pick the one where I was clearly NOT calling anybody a liar? THAT is the basis on which you called me a liar, Jim.

ETA: Wow, just sampling a few of your "examples" explains why you didn't use actual quotes.
                      So even when substantiating my accussation of you lying about us calling Ali's son a liar I get moderated anyway. Can't say I'm surprised, CP. Good work.

Comment

So even when substantiating my accussation of you lying about us calling Ali's son a liar I get moderated anyway. Can't say I'm surprised, CP. Good work.

CP had nothing to do with your moderation. He was actually being very gracious in allowing you to constantly accuse him of lying and being dishonest.

He, on the other hand showed quite well where you and others were not so gracious in your response to Ali's son.

If you want to carry on with arguing moderation, you will be dinged again unless you take it to the PR, as instructed in the pm you got.

Consider this your official warning.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Nope. You INFERRED. I asked a valid question.
                          By implying I called someone a liar, and maintaining that implication even after I corrected you.

You're doing an fine job of being something other than a civil honest member of these forums.

Comment

A) You are now arguing moderation in a thread, which is another violation.
                            2) I had nothing to do with that, Jim. I addressed you directly in the thread. I did not report or complain. I asked you politely to tone it down.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                              By implying I called someone a liar, and maintaining that implication even after I corrected you.
                              Again, it was a question. And you still haven't provided an alternate explanation.

You're doing an fine job of being something other than a civil honest member of these forums.
                              Well, thank you for that very civil response, but can you PLEASE provide a reasonable ALTERNATE explanation for why Ali's son would say things that are untrue about his father?

Comment

• So, we also hear from Ali's ex-wife Khalilah—whom he was married to during his years of exile—said she's "glad Ali isn't here to see this."

"Muhammad would flip his switch. ... He would go off on everybody in here," she said. "I know that Ali would retaliate. He would really go off on people and I would love to see him romp and rave over these people hurting people, and burning up our businesses, and hurting people in the streets and burning up police cars."

Comment