Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Live Satelite Shows Coming Dust Cloud

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Last edited by Cow Poke; 06-23-2020 at 12:53 PM.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I am starting to think this might actually be the beginning of the end times. Plagues, murder hornets, unemployment, crazy nuts destroying everything, earthquakes, storms.

I am sure hoping that pre-millennialism is true along with the rapture. I sure don't want to be here for the tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    This I know -- in the past, these dust storms have made for some BEAUTIFUL sunrises and sunsets.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post
    I am starting to think this might actually be the beginning of the end times. Plagues, murder hornets, unemployment, crazy nuts destroying everything, earthquakes, storms.

I am sure hoping that pre-millennialism is true along with the rapture. I sure don't want to be here for the tribulation.
    The murder hornets took one look at what was happening here and ended up turning around and going home.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    The face masks may protect the people from breathing in this dust.

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparko View Post

Birth pangs, dear brother. Things going to get an awful lot worse before the rapture occurs.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

7. Amen DesertBerean amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I would think a dust cloud from Africa that is low enough to be called a "storm" would settle long before it reached us. Dust has to be relatively heavy.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    I would think a dust cloud from Africa that is low enough to be called a "storm" would settle long before it reached us. Dust has to be relatively heavy.
    My bad ---- not a dust storm in that sense. But we've seen this before, and the dust does, indeed, reach all across Texas, particularly settling in the area of the Gulf - Houston, Galveston, and along the coast.

I tried to fix the title and the OP accordingly.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    My bad ---- not a dust storm in that sense. But we've seen this before, and the dust does, indeed, reach all across Texas, particularly settling in the area of the Gulf - Houston, Galveston, and along the coast.

I tried to fix the title and the OP accordingly.
    Oh, it does say "cloud". My bad.

Still, it would have to be low in the atmosphere, wouldn't it? How would it get up into the stratosphere without some sort of launch. I'm betting it will settle into the Atlantic long before it arrives.

ETA: Glad I got back here before you took my bet. I just read it is already in the Caribbean and heading for the US southeast. Dang!

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/saharan...united-states/
    Last edited by Ronson; 06-23-2020 at 01:01 PM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronson View Post
    Oh, it does say "cloud". My bad.
    Nope - you were right - I changed it!

Still, it would have to be low in the atmosphere, wouldn't it? How would it get up into the stratosphere without some sort of launch. I'm betting it will settle into the Atlantic long before it arrives.

African dust cloud will arrive in Texas this week, causing irritating symptoms for some

The Sahara dust cloud is set to arrive in Houston this week after completing a 5,000 mile journey across, and it's been a big, thick one so far.

The cloud made landfall in the Caribbean on Sunday, and it's "the thickest in decades to reach the Caribbean Sea,"

Those with respiratory problems like asthma and allergies might notice irritation after prolonged exposure outside. Young children, the elderly and pets might also notice some health effects.

This dust cloud isn't another symbol of doom in this... eventful year. The Saharan dust cloud is an annual feature of summer, and comes with some perks as well.

Particles in the air can create some stunning sunrises and sunsets, and the dust also makes it more difficult for hurricanes to form in the Atlantic.

Limit time outside if you're concerned about health effects.

AND.....

Saharan Dust: What to expect and what not to

dust cloud.jpg

Most of this dust plume is lofted 15,000 to 16,500 feet above the earth’s surface. While some minor concentrations of dust may settle down toward the ground, this is all expected to generally blow-by over the Brazos Valley’s heads. If we can pull off a soaking rain, that should help clear the haze out of the sky and improve the air quality for a short while before more dust swings back in. Here’s what that looked like over the weekend in Northern Trinidad after a round of storms: