Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Live Satelite Shows Coming Dust Cloud

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    You wouldnít have responded if you didnít.
    Many of us are aware, whag, that we have lots of "lurkers" (and participants) who read what we write, and often, a response is not so much to the person to whom we are responding, but to those who are lurking.

I have to remind myself of that often.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

2. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Many of us are aware, whag, that we have lots of "lurkers" (and participants) who read what we write, and often, a response is not so much to the person to whom we are responding, but to those who are lurking.

I genuinely donít understand what that means. Can you elaborate?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I genuinely donít understand what that means. Can you elaborate?
    Absolutely! Especially since you asked nicely.

Let's look at what was said.... (and you can correct me if I misunderstood)

Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I don't care one whit what you think of me or John MacArthur. Your m-i-l might, but you are her problem, not mine.

I care only what God thinks of me, and how I treat His word.
    You wouldnít have responded if you didnít.
    You seemed to be stating that, though she said she does not care, the fact that she answered belies that. Good so far?

So, I responded....

It's not that she necessarily cares what you think, but for others who are reading, she stated her case.

That's why, often times, I respond to really really dumb things others say, even though I don't care what THEY think - I'm fully aware that others who MIGHT care about the truth can see my response.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

5. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Absolutely! Especially since you asked nicely.

Let's look at what was said.... (and you can correct me if I misunderstood)

You seemed to be stating that, though she said she does not care, the fact that she answered belies that. Good so far?

So, I responded....

It's not that she necessarily cares what you think, but for others who are reading, she stated her case.

That's why, often times, I respond to really really dumb things others say, even though I don't care what THEY think - I'm fully aware that others who MIGHT care about the truth can see my response.
    Thanks for explaining! And youíre right. Maybe she doesnít really care that I painted YEC in a negative light.

In that case, attention lurkers: mossrose was indoctrinated by Grace to You, a Calvinist organization that guilts its supporters into disregarding evidence of not only evolution but deep time.

Hereís a quote from MacArthur himself. Note that itís an attempt to drive a wedge between those theists who accept the evidence for deep time and evolution and those who deny the evidence.

So-called theistic evolutionists who try to marry humanistic theories of modern science with biblical theism may claim they are doing so because they love God, but the truth is that they love God a little and their academic reputations a lot. By undermining the historicity of Genesis they are undermining faith itself. Give evolutionary doctrine the throne and make the Bible its servant, and you have laid the foundation for spiritual disaster.... The evolutionary lie is so pointedly antithetical to Christian truth that it would seem unthinkable for evangelical Christians to compromise with evolutionary science in any degree.
    https://www.gty.org/library/articles...h-christianity

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Thanks for explaining! And youíre right. Maybe she doesnít really care that I painted YEC in a negative light.

In that case, attention lurkers: mossrose was indoctrinated by Grace to You, a Calvinist organization that guilts its supporters into disregarding evidence of not only evolution but deep time.

Hereís a quote from MacArthur himself. Note that itís an attempt to drive a wedge between those theists who accept the evidence for deep time and evolution and those who deny the evidence.

https://www.gty.org/library/articles...h-christianity
    I was not indoctrinated by MacArthur. I rejected evolution years before I even knew about him.

And I'm sure he cares not one whit what you think of him, either. Better men than you have criticized him unjustly.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

8. Amen Cow Poke amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mossrose View Post
    I was not indoctrinated by MacArthur. I rejected evolution years before I even knew about him.

And I'm sure he cares not one whit what you think of him, either. Better men than you have criticized him unjustly.
    If you reject evolution and deep time, you were deceived by fundamentalists who taught you to interpret Genesis hyperliterally. You were taught to believe predation, disease, and calamity was a result of human beings.

Then you discovered MacArthur who reinforced those beliefs with his sermons and writings.