Announcement

Collapse

Natural Science 301 Guidelines

This is an open forum area for all members for discussions on all issues of science and origins. This area will and does get volatile at times, but we ask that it be kept to a dull roar, and moderators will intervene to keep the peace if necessary. This means obvious trolling and flaming that becomes a problem will be dealt with, and you might find yourself in the doghouse.

As usual, Tweb rules apply. If you haven't read them now would be a good time.

Forum Rules: Here
See more
See less

Live Satelite Shows Coming Dust Cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Once, while I was walking from the school bus stop towards our home, a whirlwind popped up, swept up a lot of yellow dead grass, and went through where my home was, and collapsed a minute later. I had a very good view of the lovely column of yellow and the trail it left behind.

Another time got a whole bunch of aluminum soda cans and dirt in the car because windows were down and I saw it too late, back in the days of roll up windows!
    Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      I am starting to think this might actually be the beginning of the end times. Plagues, murder hornets, unemployment, crazy nuts destroying everything, earthquakes, storms.

I am sure hoping that pre-millennialism is true along with the rapture. I sure don't want to be here for the tribulation.
      Keep your aluminum foil helmets with coat hanger handy and clean out your bomb shelter.

These are common over the years and cyclic possibly can be equated with climate change. See next post. Though we can take neat pictures of it now from space.
      Glendower: I can call spirits from the vasty deep.
      Hotspur: Why, so can I, or so can any man;
      But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

go with the flow the river knows . . .

Frank

I do not know, therefore everything is in pencil.

Comment

Source: https://phys.org/news/2016-03-saharan-insights-impact-future-climate.html

Study of Saharan dust offers insights into past and possible impact on future climate change
        by Bob Yirka , Phys.org

(Phys.org)—A small team of researchers from the U.S. and France has found evidence of cycles of Saharan dust movement into the atmosphere in the past and has used the information they gathered to predict dust level changes heading into the future. In their paper published in the journal Nature, the team describes the nature of their study and why they believe changes in the Sahara could mean more potent Atlantic storms in the future.

Wind pulling dust into the atmosphere from the Saharan desert has more of an impact than just making life difficult for the people that live there; it is also responsible for dumping dust particles onto the Amazon rain forest, allowing the forest to exist. It also has a calming impact on storm formation over the Atlantic Ocean—dust particles reflect heat back into the atmosphere. But now, the researchers with this new effort suggest that Saharan dust patterns could be changing. They undertook a study to determine the degree of sand being moved into the air by winds since the mid-19th century and found that there have been cyclical periods of more or less dustiness.

To learn more about dust activity in the area, the researchers studied data from NOAAS's Earth System Research Laboratory, which is based on satellite data and also studied terrain in the area, which allowed for looking back at the impact of wind and sand to approximately the 1850's. After assimilation and analysis of the data, they found patterns emerging—from the 1910s to the 1940s, for example, there was a period of elevated dustiness, and another during 70s to the 80s. In contrast, there were periods of less dustiness during the 1860s, the 1950s and in the 2000s. They also noted that different weather phenomenon could impact Saharan dust levels, such as the El Nińo/Southern Oscillation, the North Atlantic Oscillation and West African Monsoons.

© Copyright Original Source

Read more . . .
        But will they come when you do call for them? Shakespeare’s Henry IV, Part 1, Act III:

Frank

Comment

I was just waiting for somebody to pipe up and blame climate change. Thanks for not disappointing me, shuny.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by shunyadragon View Post
            Keep your aluminum foil helmets with coat hanger handy and clean out your bomb shelter.

These are common over the years and cyclic possibly can be equated with climate change. See next post. Though we can take neat pictures of it now from space.

Comment

Looks like you have another problem. Be sure to carry around a roll of paper towels, or a mope, to clean up after yourself.

Frank

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                I was just waiting for somebody to pipe up and blame climate change. Thanks for not disappointing me, shuny.

It gives him something to "mope" about.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Looks like you have another problem. Be sure to carry around a roll of paper towels, or a mope, to clean up after yourself.
                  What's a mope?

Comment

What's a mope?
                    It's what you do when nobody respects you.
                    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post

This event is not rare, in fact it is common, and it often follows a cyclic pattern. It is trends over time that supports 'Global Warming.'

Frank

Comment

Massive Saharan dust cloud shrouds the Caribbea

A huge cloud of Saharan dust has darkened the skies over parts of the Caribbean.

The dust has been moving from Africa over the Atlantic Ocean.

On Sunday it reached Puerto Rico and has since covered Cuba and parts of Mexico.

The Caribbean islands of Guadeloupe and Martinique are suffering their worst haze for at least a decade, and health officials in Cuba are warning it could increase respiratory problems.

Dust clouds like this one are created when the wind blows strongly over the Sahara desert, whipping up dust and sand high into the sky.

Once lifted from the ground by strong winds, clouds of dust can reach very high altitudes and be transported worldwide, covering thousands of miles.

In this case, the dust has reached as far as Mexico in the west, and the US city of Miami to the north. Air quality in Miami was reported to be moderate on Thursday morning, but could worsen as the cloud becomes denser.

Comment

This event is not rare, in fact it is common, and it often follows a cyclic pattern. It is trends over time that supports 'Global Warming.'
                          I know it's common. I'm sure it occurred millions of years ago, too, before there were people. Perhaps we can blame the poor earth of being fearful at the future prospect of Trump being president for those instances.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Shuny, no more 'Global Warming' in this thread. This is about the dust could itself.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke
                              Shuny, no more 'Global Warming' in this thread. This is about the dust could itself.

Thanks.

OK! No more science!

Frank

Comment

OK! No more science!
                                Shuny is antiscience! You saw it here!

Comment