Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Fauci says Trump hasn't ordered slowdown of coronavirus testing

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Fauci says Trump hasn't ordered slowdown of coronavirus testing

Trump often says stuff that appear to be engineered to freak out the media. At his recent rally, he made a dumb statement about "slowing down testing", and the media reacted reflexively.

"It's the opposite,” Fauci said in response to a question referencing Trump's remarks. “We’re going to be doing more testing, not less."

The government's top infectious disease expert told a House hearing Tuesday that he and other health officials have not been told to slow coronavirus testing, just hours after President Donald Trump again suggested he had asked for fewer tests.

Anthony Fauci, director of the National Institute of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, told the House Energy and Commerce Committee that the administration continues to focus on scaling up testing capacity and that, to his knowledge, none of the White House coronavirus task force members had been told to do otherwise.

"It's the opposite,” Fauci said in response to a question referencing Trump's remarks. “We’re going to be doing more testing, not less."

Trump earlier Tuesday said he was serious when he revealed at a campaign rally Saturday that he had directed his administration to slow testing that was inflating the U.S. caseload. White House officials and Vice President Mike Pence have since walked back the remarks, saying they were made in jest.

FDA Commissioner Steven Hahn, CDC Director Robert Redfield and Assistant Secretary of Health Brett Giroir also told the House panel they had not been asked by the president to cut back tests.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post

Trump often says stuff that appear to be engineered to freak out the media. At his recent rally, he made a dumb statement about "slowing down testing", and the media reacted reflexively.

[...]
    Seems more dumb statements have been made:

President Donald Trump flatly contradicted his aides on Tuesday when he said he does not "kid," after they had for days been arguing he was joking when he said at a weekend campaign rally he had told officials to slow down coronavirus testing.

It was yet another instance of the White House scrambling to come up with language to play down one of his comments that had triggered a firestorm, only to have Trump himself, in the end, providing a completely different explanation. https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...testing-335459
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charles View Post
    Seems more dumb statements have been made:
    Yes, Charles, I think he says those things to trigger the loony left.

Why?

It works.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

4. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Yes, Charles, I think he says those things to trigger the loony left.

Why?

It works.
    It works to the extent that people focus on his dumb statements and less on the huge number of people who have died or will die because the president was more concerned with making dumb statements than taking appropriate action on this area.

And it works to the extent that some people like to promote him as being rather smart when he says stupid things. Seems they are happy to see the dirty tricks work and less concerned about truth and accountability. It is already starting to become a problem for the entire country though some people like to promote it as a smart strategy.
    "That is the little thing, the small thing, which Trump demands of his followers: To call hot cold. To call black white. To call wrong right." Michael Gerson

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    It works to the extent that people focus on his dumb statements and less on the huge number of people who have died or will die because the president was more concerned with making dumb statements than taking appropriate action on this area.
    No, Charles, the same people who are obsessed with his dumb statements are the same people who are obsessed with doom and gloom and death.

And it works to the extent that some people like to promote him as being rather smart when he says stupid things.
    Street smart - not smart.

Seems they are happy to see the dirty tricks work and less concerned about truth and accountability. It is already starting to become a problem for the entire country though some people like to promote it as a smart strategy.
    Thank you ever so kindly for gracing my thread with your presence.

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    No, Charles, the same people who are obsessed with his dumb statements are the same people who are obsessed with doom and gloom and death.
    Feel free to describe the actual death of more than 120.000 people like that. I would say it is another dumb statement.

8. Amen Whateverman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Feel free to describe the actual death of more than 120.000 people like that.
    Oh, give me a break. Stow the self-righteous crap.

Nobody is celebrating the deaths, but the doom and gloom group never seems to highlight the recoveries. It's always fear and... cue the spooky music!

I would say it is another dumb statement.
    I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say.

10. Amen RumTumTugger amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, give me a break. Stow the self-righteous crap.

Nobody is celebrating the deaths, but the doom and gloom group never seems to highlight the recoveries. It's always fear and... cue the spooky music!

I'm shocked. SHOCKED, I say.
    Once again... More than more than 120.000 people are dead. And those who focus on that are doom and gloom groups according to you. And a president who continues to make false or contradictory statements in this very serious situation is just out there to trick the "loony" left and the media... Again according to you. In other cases you claim to take life seriously, though...

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Once again... More than more than 120.000 people are dead.
    Yes, tragic. People die. We need to do what we can to prevent deaths.

And those who focus on that are doom and gloom groups according to you.
    If that's ALL they focus on -- and use that to scare people, and use bogus science to project MILLIONS of deaths..... ALL sides of this need to be reported, not just the [spooky music] DEATHS [/spooky music].

And a president who continues to make false or contradictory statements in this very serious situation is just out there to trick the "loony" left and the media...
    I'm not defending, in any way, WHAT he said -- just explaining why I think he does it.

Again according to you. In other cases you claim to take life seriously, though...
    I do. Wanna call me a liar?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Trump may have asked for it, but it sounds like his administration is ultimately going to continue testing at current rates.

So what's the problem?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra