Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Fauci says Trump hasn't ordered slowdown of coronavirus testing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
    Overgrown ...
    His body has inflated proportional to his ego.

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      A more charitable way to look at it is that Trump has his opinions, but he trusts the advisors he's put in charge even if they happen to disagree with him.

The lesson here is don't fixate on what Trump says, pay attention to what his administration actually does. I actually don't really pay much attention to Trump's speeches and TV interviews. Liberals always hyperventilate about "But Trump said! But Trump said!" and frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn
      Trump has established the POTUS precedent that words no longer means things. Something to be proud of.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
        Trump has established the POTUS precedent that words no longer means things. Something to be proud of.
        He's just trying to keep up with the progressives, and the media. A man of his times.
        ...>>> Witty remark or snarky quote of another poster goes here <<<...

Comment

Originally posted by MaxVel View Post
          He's just trying to keep up with the progressives, and the media. A man of his times.
          This is an element I'll never understand. Why Trump supporter's will excuse to the extreme any behavior of Donald Trump, no matter how immoral or unethical, because someone, somewhere has done something similar. Especially if that someone hails as a 'liberal'.

Here is a question.

So many here have spent a lot of time focussing on the apparent the criminal or unethical behaviors of those unfairly shot and killed by police - Arbery, Floyd, Brooks.

Yet you will defend and excuse far worse violations from Donald Trump, the president of the US.

What sort of sick hypocrisy is that? People on this site will criticize for hundreds of pages a dead black man killed for no valid reason over the most trivial of violations (He took a break at a house under construction and actually went inside!!!!), yet you will excuse anything and everything coming from Donald Trump, Adultery, lies, sexual harassment, even negligent actions that have resulted in 10's of thousands of deaths and thousands of children separated from their parents and housed in detention centers. Literally trying to coerce a nation state into providing dirt on a political rival, or even begging one of our worse enemies (China) to help him win. All of these and more have been defended, denied, supported here on these pages. And yet, for over 120 pages the focus was on the triviality of a man entering a house under construction as justification for a violent chase that eventually ended in his murder.
          Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-24-2020, 07:22 AM.
          My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            Yes, Charles, I think he says those things to trigger the loony left.

Why?

It works.
            Pretending that he's just joking is your way of excusing his constant lies to the American people. Marco Rubio said the same thing (he was just joking) when Trump asked China to investigate Biden in order to help him win the election. As it turns out, he asked Xi personally, in front of his entire staff to help him with his election by importing more American goods.

Comment

He’s literally the first POTUS to blame everything on the media. Not a good sign.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                Pretending that he's just joking is your way of excusing his constant lies to the American people.
                More stupid stuff. Never ending, never disappointing.
                The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

This is an element I'll never understand. Why Trump supporter's will excuse to the extreme any behavior of Donald Trump, no matter how immoral or unethical, because someone, somewhere has done something similar. Especially if that someone hails as a 'liberal'.

Here is a question.

So many here have spent a lot of time focussing on the apparent the criminal or unethical behaviors of those unfairly shot and killed by police - Arbery, Floyd, Brooks.

Yet you will defend and excuse far worse violations from Donald Trump, the president of the US.
                  (1) False.

(2) Get out of here with your fake moral superiority. Don't see you condemning the spiralling death toll as a result of the lawlessness and riots caused by the 'reaction' to those killings.

(3) By your own logic, your silence over the hundreds of black people killed in your country every year by other black people means that you don't care about it, in fact, you support it. Your silence shows your complicity.

Originally posted by oxmixmudd
                  What sort of sick hypocrisy is that? People on this site will criticize for hundreds of pages a dead black man killed for no valid reason over the most trivial of violations (He took a break at a house under construction and actually went inside!!!!),
                  False and misrepresents others.

yet you will excuse anything and everything coming from Donald Trump, Adultery, lies, sexual harassment, even negligent actions that have resulted in 10's of thousands of deaths and thousands of children separated from their parents and housed in detention centers. Literally trying to coerce a nation state into providing dirt on a political rival, or even begging one of our worse enemies (China) to help him win. All of these and more have been defended, denied, supported here on these pages.
                  (1) You assume that everyone here agrees with you that all those things actually happened just as you say, and yet 'defend' them. We don't.

(2) You don't get to tell me what's true or not, when I've seen you refuse to look at evidence that might correct some of your false assumptions; when I've seen you make the worst kind of insinuations of other people solely because they wanted to talk about what happened, to investigate and clarify the exact circumstances of a case before coming to a judgment on it; and when I've seen you handwave away media distortions and misrepresentations because they made Trump look bad.

You're clearly not objective, not honest in your assessment of evidence, and incapable of having a serious discussion without resorting to broadbrush smears and labelling of people whose views differ from yours.

I don't care what you think of my morality, nor anyone else's. You're a blatant hypocrite who operates a huge moral double standard, and reacts with emotion rather than reason.

You played quite the part in setting the adversarial terms of the discussion in the Arbery thread, you don't get to pretend that you were some pure and innocent truthseeker, shocked by how 'bad' other people were. We know what you said, and did. You're a phony.

And yet, for over 120 pages the focus was on the triviality of a man entering a house under construction as justification for a violent chase that eventually ended in his murder.
                  False and a misrepresentation, again.

Comment

He’s literally the first POTUS to blame everything on the media. Not a good sign.
                    Frankly, given the present state of what passes for 'journalism' these days, a media that adored him, and that he adored back, would be a terrible sign.

Also, Nixon blamed the media, IIRC, so there's that as a precedent. Not that that is a good omen for Trump, mind you.

Comment

(1) False.
                      No - it's quite True Max. And there are plenty of threads and posts to back it up

(2) Get out of here with your fake moral superiority. Don't see you condemning the spiralling death toll as a result of the lawlessness and riots caused by the 'reaction' to those killings.
                      Not going anywhere Max. And what you call 'fake moral superiority' is just sticking up for plain old average everyday morality. Nothing extreme here.

The problem is that in the age of Trump, standing up for plain old average everyday morality is seen as extreme.

(3) By your own logic, your silence over the hundreds of black people killed in your country every year by other black people means that you don't care about it, in fact, you support it. Your silence shows your complicity.
                      You are not using logic, you are reaching for excuses. In the Arbery thread for over 120 pages the conversation over the innocence of the man killed turned without question to the fact he was in the house under construction. When the chase was deemed excessive or wrong, the conversation turned to the fact he was in the house under construction. That trivial 'violation' was used as a defense against multiple factors pointing to the guilt and excessively violent nature of the men chasing him. This trivial 'violation' was criticized over and over again - it was what made Arbery NOT innocent.

And yet, Adultery, sexual abuse, abuse of power, abuse of staff, gross negligence costing 10's or 100's of thousands of lives is DEFENDED or EXCUSED and has been for over 3 years now on behalf of Donald Trump.

That is rank hypocrisy.

False and misrepresents others.
                      As I stated above - not a misrepresentation at all, just the cold, hard, disgusting facts.

(1) You assume that everyone here agrees with you that all those things actually happened just as you say, and yet 'defend' them. We don't.

(2) You don't get to tell me what's true or not, when I've seen you refuse to look at evidence that might correct some of your false assumptions; when I've seen you make the worst kind of insinuations of other people solely because they wanted to talk about what happened, to investigate and clarify the exact circumstances of a case before coming to a judgment on it; and when I've seen you handwave away media distortions and misrepresentations because they made Trump look bad.
                      Actually - none of what you say is true. Facts are not a matter of opinion max. You routinely treat facts as a matter of opinion. And I most certainly can tell you what I believe is true or not. And you have the right to disagree. But neither of us gets to deny what is fact. Facts are the reality part, the part that doesn't change with whose looking at the problem.

You're clearly not objective, not honest in your assessment of evidence, and incapable of having a serious discussion without resorting to broadbrush smears and labelling of people whose views differ from yours.

I don't care what you think of my morality, nor anyone else's. You're a blatant hypocrite who operates a huge moral double standard, and reacts with emotion rather than reason.
                      Everything in my list was done by trump and IS immoral by most any standard of morality. Morality is not some arbitrary thing you get to pick and choose Max. IT didn't suddenly change when Trump took office. What I listed is wrong. The sins have names like negligence, irresponsibility, abuse of power, lying, cheating, adultery. They've lived in the moral codes of the nations and religions of the world for thousands of years. They've been broken and punished - up to and including execution - for thousands of years.

And I remind you that In your name calling post above max you actually become all that you have accused me of here.
                      My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Frankly, given the present state of what passes for 'journalism' these days, a media that adored him, and that he adored back, would be a terrible sign.

Also, Nixon blamed the media, IIRC, so there's that as a precedent. Not that that is a good omen for Trump, mind you.
                        All dictators blame the media, Max. Ever hear the term lugenpresse. Trump is just following the tactics of his authoritarian predecessors.

Comment

Originally posted by JimL View Post
                          All dictators blame the media, Max. Ever hear the term lugenpresse. Trump is just following the tactics of his authoritarian predecessors.
                          Hillary Clinton thinks the news media was unfair to her
                          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And in spite of that fact neither Hillary Clinton, the Bush's, Reagan. Bill Clinton, nor Obama mounted a campaign to label all legitimate news outlets 'fake news' as a consequence. The last concerted effort by a president to cast real blame on news organizations was Nixon. And by comparison, he was a softy. Trump's campaign against the media can only be matched or exceeded by dictators and rulers of countries other than the United States whose governments were/are corrupt and oppressive.
                            Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-24-2020, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Two things....

A) the media pretty much threw out all pretense of fairness - Rogue can give you the actual cite from somebody in the media who admitted that.
                              2) Political Correctness had gotten WAY out of hand, and I think part of Trump's appeal was that he stood up against the stupidity

It's entirely possible that the liberals are creating, again, a sense of chaos and disorder though all these "peaceful protests" that gives Trump an opportunity to represent the broader interests of the American Public that we need a more peaceful and stable country.

It's really weird --- Trump being the knothead that he is, but maybe it takes that for people to feel like their voices are being heard. All of this unrest and chaos is pretty much "the end game" for liberals.

Comment

Here is a question.

What sort of sick hypocrisy is that? People on this site will criticize for hundreds of pages a dead black man killed for no valid reason over the most trivial of violations (He took a break at a house under construction and actually went inside!!!!), yet you will excuse anything and everything coming from Donald Trump, Adultery, lies, sexual harassment, even negligent actions that have resulted in 10's of thousands of deaths and thousands of children separated from their parents and housed in detention centers. Literally trying to coerce a nation state into providing dirt on a political rival, or even begging one of our worse enemies (China) to help him win. All of these and more have been defended, denied, supported here on these pages. And yet, for over 120 pages the focus was on the triviality of a man entering a house under construction as justification for a violent chase that eventually ended in his murder.
                                Sad but true.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment