Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

The real reason mobs across the country are tearing down American monuments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The real reason mobs across the country are tearing down American monuments

According to Tucker Calson,:

Clip: "Never in American history have they been more emboldened than they are now. Just this Monday afternoon, around lunchtime, an activist called Shaun King issued the following demand on Twitter: "All murals and stained glass windows of white Jesus and his European mother and their white friends should also come down. They are a gross form of white supremacy created as tools of oppression, racist propaganda. They should all come down."

Clip: "In Nashville, they pulled down a statue of a former U.S. senator. Same in Albany. In Oregon, Thomas Jefferson and George Washington were torn down. In San Francisco, the mob demolished statues of Ulysses S. Grant, Junipero Serra, and Francis Scott Key. On the pedestal of the Key monument, they spray-painted, "Kill the colonizers" and "Kill whitey," just in case you missed the point."

Clip: "Before you dismiss that idea as absurd, the rantings of some crank on social media, keep in mind that Shaun King is the most famous Black Lives Matter leader in this country. Black Lives Matter is now more popular than either major political party. So, don't be surprised when they come for your church. Why wouldn't they? No one is stopping them.

The forces of destruction have grand ambitions. It's not just about the Teddy Roosevelt statue. They plan to rule this country. What will happen if they do?"

Originally posted by Christian3 View Post
    keep in mind that Shaun King is the most famous Black Lives Matter leader in this country.
    I don't think he was considered a leader of that movement until Tucker Carlson thought it would make his article more sound. Because it sounds like something conservatives like to hear, then of course none of you are going to question or examine this claim even one bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
      I don't think he was considered a leader of that movement until Tucker Carlson thought it would make his article more sound. Because it sounds like something conservatives like to hear, then of course none of you are going to question or examine this claim even one bit.
      To me, whether he's the leader of the movement or not, is irrelevant. For anyone to say that all the stained glass windows and all the statues and all the history should be torn down is reprehensible.

And the fact that people are listening and acting on such rhetoric is proof that people like him are being followed blindly.

As I have said in another thread, which was dismissed by DivineOb, none of this is a skin issue.

It's a sin issue. If the sin in mankind's hearts was addressed, this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

But, that will never be the case, so this kind of anarchistic behaviour will be with us until the Lord returns.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
        To me, whether he's the leader of the movement or not, is irrelevant.
        I've only heard of him twice, first time was when a liberal blogger talked about this and denounced what he said. Secondly this mention by Tucker Carlson. I don't think he's anywhere near as big as Tucker Carlson wants him to be.

Comment

To me, whether he's the leader of the movement or not, is irrelevant. For anyone to say that all the stained glass windows and all the statues and all the history should be torn down is reprehensible.

And the fact that people are listening and acting on such rhetoric is proof that people like him are being followed blindly.

As I have said in another thread, which was dismissed by DivineOb, none of this is a skin issue.

It's a sin issue. If the sin in mankind's hearts was addressed, this kind of thing wouldn't happen.

But, that will never be the case, so this kind of anarchistic behaviour will be with us until the Lord returns.
          It’s a sin issue unless it’s Donald Trump doing something sinful.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
            I am not an American, and I don't support Trump.

And I think it's disingenuous of you to even bring him into this thread.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

I've only heard of him twice, first time was when a liberal blogger talked about this and denounced what he said. Secondly this mention by Tucker Carlson. I don't think he's anywhere near as big as Tucker Carlson wants him to be.
              I've never heard of him until this thread. I don't follow Carlson and all I care about is the inflammatory rhetoric that is fueling the rioting and the vandalism.

Comment

statues.jpg

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                  [ATTACH=CONFIG]45967[/ATTACH]
                  B0EBA279-3356-4D3C-AEFE-33F3A2DC171E.jpeg

Comment

I am not an American, and I don't support Trump.

And I think it's disingenuous of you to even bring him into this thread.
                    You’re a conservative Christian who has weighed in on U.S. events here. You also do Canada a disservice by being a young earth creationist. Canadians are typically smart and reasonable. Anti evolutionists are typically American. Sorry we infected you with that noise.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                      [ATTACH=CONFIG]45967[/ATTACH]
                      Why are you guys so obsessed about the political orientation of the ones who originally put it up? There's no hypocricy, not even a mild one in liberals calling for those statues to be removed.

As for Trump, you're the one bringing him up, not me.

Comment

Why are you guys so obsessed about the political orientation of the ones who originally put it up? There's no hypocricy, not even a mild one in liberals calling for those statues to be removed.

As for Trump, you're the one bringing him up, not me.
                        I think he did that in response to me bringing up Trump.

Comment

I think he did that in response to me bringing up Trump.
                          I hadn't noticed that. At any rate then, boo to you.

Comment

Black lives matters is a Marxist take over as the founder admits...

Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
                              Black lives matters is a Marxist take over as the founder admits...
                              I'm supposed to be scared of that?

Comment