Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

KKKaren apologizes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
    -------------
    SPRINGFIELD, Mo.– From an undisclosed location, Kathy Jenkins called the KOLR10 newsroom. Her mission: To make a public apology for the “ugly” things she said in a now-viral video.

The video, which surfaced on Monday, isn’t long. It only runs about 35 seconds. In it, Jenkins sits and later stands on the bed of a pickup truck while holding and dancing with a Confederate flag.
    REPORT: The City of Branson Responds, Condemns Jenkins Use of “Hate Speech”

“I will teach my grandkids to hate you all,” she says to someone off camera. She later raises her fist and declares “KKK belief.”

Since the video surfaced, Kathy says she’s been locked out of Facebook and fired from her job (a punishment she says she deserved). She says she’s been the target of a few threats and she says even her friends are being threatened.

When she called KOLR10 and Ozarks First, she wouldn’t even say where she was calling from; only specifying that she has left Branson, her home of six years.

All of this, a response to what she describes as a misunderstood portion of her day caught on video.

“I was chanting Black Lives Matter… and that’s not even on video,” she told KOLR10 reporter David Chasanov on Wednesday. “It’s like I blacked out. I don’t even remember

Jenkins says she was in the area as a spectator. She adds she was only there in the parking lot of Dixie Outfitters to observe the nearby Black Lives Matter protest.

“I’ve never been to one,” she told Chasanov. “I just wanted to see what the rally was all about.”

She says she watched from the other side of the street and was later handed a Confederate flag. She told KOLR10 she assumed it was a symbol of unity. She says she then sat in the bed of a truck belonging to someone she didn’t know.

Later, when she was approached by people from the other side of the street, she says she lost her temper.

“I hadn’t said anything until they came into my face…It’s like I blacked out. I don’t even remember saying half the stuff that I said.”

As for the part about holding the same beliefs as the Ku Klux Klan, she says she was mocking the people who approached her.

“I wasn’t saying I’m KKK or for the KKK. I was mocking them because I don’t like being called a racist,” she said.

Now she’s apologizing.

Along with vowing to never hold another Confederate flag, Jenkins is offering both lamentations and her time to the people she offended.

“I’m so, so sorry,” she said Wednesday.

“I mean, if it would help for me to stand with Black Lives Matter, I absolutely would do that.”

Below you can read a full apology written by Kathy Jenkins:

As many of you know I am Kathy. I just wanted to start with saying that I am truly deeply sorry for what I said. This isn’t who I am as a person. I obviously cannot take back what I said. I can only learn from this. I want to make it clear. I am not teaching my children or grandchildren to hate anyone. No one. Ever. I’ve always taught them to respect and love anyone no matter the race. I’ve always taught them to treat people with the same respect as they would want to be treated. My words and actions have been a learning experience. Not only did I learn from this, but I hope this message helps others that they cannot take back what they have said. Again I am so so sorry because that is not who I am. I would never ever want to see anyone hurt and I don’t care who they are.”
    -Kathy Jenkins

One of the organizers of Branson’s Black Lives Matter protest responded to Kathy’s claims and apology:

“She knew exactly what she was doing. She was there from the start on the counter-protesters’ side shouting obscenities and hateful words at our protesters. I think her claims to not know what the confederate flag is and what it represents are absurd and lies. She proudly shouted “KKK belief” in front of all of us. Her apology does not make sense as she’s trying to state she didn’t realize she was on the opposing side. How do you not realize that if you’re on Dixie Outfitter’s property holding a confederate flag along with the other counter-protesters that are facing us? She never once shouted ‘black lives matter’ along with us. This woman is lying and apologizing because she’s sorry she got caught in her acts of racism.”
    Thank you, sir.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

OK, so she sounds like a REALLY mixed up individual.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I agree she sounds like a troubled individual.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
          OK, so she sounds like a REALLY mixed up individual.
          Too much meth?
          Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
            I wonder when they will apologize...

A statue of Francis Scott Key was installed in San Francisco's Golden Gate Park, in the U.S. state of California. The memorial was toppled by protesters in June 2020.[1] The statue was graffitied with the words “slave owner” painted in red, as well as the words “kill all colonizers” and "kill whitey."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Statue...San_Francisco)
            In Wisconsin vandals tore down a couple statues including one of Hans Christian Heg who was an abolitionist who died trying to end slavery. Then they physically attacked a State Senator, State Sen. Tim Carpenter (D-Milwaukee), who was repeatedly punched and kicked in the head multiple times and had to be rushed to the hospital in an ambulance.

In a letter to the WaPo Carpenter wrote "This has got to stop before someone gets killed. Sad thing I’m on their side for peaceful demonstrations — am a Gay Progressive Dem Senator served 36 years in the legislature."

A spokesman for the mob claims that he "provoked" them which I guess the beat down he got was deserved.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
            "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
            "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Maybe she should stop equating loss of memory with "blacking out".
              When I Survey....

Comment