Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftist Madness (Don't call the police)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seanD View Post
    The left seems so naive about human nature. I think it might be the atheist in them. They're compelled to reject the bible's proclamation that man is inherently wicked, so they defiantly cling to the belief that folks will just naturally rise to altruism. Carpedm9587 was especially delusional about that.
    The left was onto police abuse way before the right, while the right is still largely in denial about it. Hence your tribe’s freaking out about peaceful kneeling protests. “Get that that son of a b—— off the field” Trump said.

You are delusional if you think this incident, for example, is isolated:

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...caught-on-tape

Most incidents aren’t recorded, which means there are officers in thousands of police departments who use that language and think that way but are careful not to say it over the radio or while being recorded.

Also, one has to point out how naive your specific brand of Christianity is by denying the existence of biological evolution. Evolution makes the story of human beings far messier for Christians than you think. You’ve been schooled on it many times.

Comment

Originally posted by whag View Post
      The left was onto police abuse way before the right, while the right is still largely in denial about it. Hence your tribe’s freaking out about peaceful kneeling protests. “Get that that son of a b—— off the field” Trump said.

You are delusional if you think this incident, for example, is isolated:

https://www.npr.org/sections/live-up...caught-on-tape

Most incidents aren’t recorded, which means there are officers in thousands of police departments who use that language and think that way but are careful not to say it over the radio or while being recorded.

Also, one has to point out how naive your specific brand of Christianity is by denying the existence of biological evolution. Evolution makes the story of human beings far messier for Christians than you think. You’ve been schooled on it many times.
      I have no clue how any of this off-topic ranting has anything to do with what I said or even what the OP is about, which is about defunding (abolishing) police and communities under the delusion they can police themselves. Kneeling protests? Huh? Do police departments need reform? For sure. And? My guess is I hit a truth nerve and this is just you going off the rails.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
        Maybe they could expand the idea of gun free zones and post signs stating that the area is a crime free zone. That oughta work.

Meanwhile Minneapolis appears to be moving ahead with disbanding their police force and replacing it with what they call a Community Safety & Violence Prevention unit.
        And Al Capone said he and his friends will be moving into the neighborhood soon to offer protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
          And Al Capone said he and his friends will be moving into the neighborhood soon to offer protection.
          That's actually what would precisely happen, literally. Gangs and crime organizations would step in to fill the void, and communities would be under even worse oppression than before.

Comment

I have no clue how any of this off-topic ranting has anything to do with what I said or even what the OP is about, which is about defunding (abolishing) police and communities under the delusion they can police themselves. Kneeling protests? Huh? Do police departments need reform? For sure. And? My guess is I hit a truth nerve and this is just you going off the rails.
            My reply was no less off topic than your mini screed about how leftists don’t understand human nature. The topic was systematic police corruption, and you went to criminals rather than the police themselves who conservatives mostly think are fine. No police reform needed. If it wasn't for leftists, police would be far worse and they’re already horrible when it comes to abuse of power.

BTW, way to completely ignore the implications of that story.

Comment

My reply was no less off topic than your mini screed about how leftists don’t understand human nature. The topic was systematic police corruption...
              Take a look around, brother --- you may be posting in the wrong thread.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

My reply was no less off topic than your mini screed about how leftists don’t understand human nature. The topic was systematic police corruption, and you went to criminals rather than the police themselves who conservatives mostly think are fine. No police reform needed. If it wasn't for leftists, police would be far worse and they’re already horrible when it comes to abuse of power.

BTW, way to completely ignore the implications of that story.
                You must have missed the threads and discussions about police reform that occurred on this board right after the Floyd killing. CP was leading the charge, believe it or not. And my assessment was not off topic. Leftists, especially atheists, are delusional about human nature, and I see that delusion all the time expressed here in all these discussions, and that's undoubtedly what's driving all these leftists into thinking they can create some community utopia without any law enforcement oversight (i.e. CHOP). I'm the last one here you'd want to accuse of being a proponent of law enforcement, but I'm under no such delusion about human nature either.

Comment

You must have missed the threads and discussions about police reform that occurred on this board right after the Floyd killing. CP was leading the charge, believe it or not. And my assessment was not off topic. Leftists, especially atheists, are delusional about human nature, and I see that delusion all the time expressed here in all these discussions, and that's undoubtedly what's driving all these leftists into thinking they can create some community utopia without any law enforcement oversight (i.e. CHOP). I'm the last one here you'd want to accuse of being a proponent of law enforcement, but I'm under no such delusion about human nature either.
                  Prior to riots, I didn’t see any threads about police reform. Again, Colin Kaepernick famously called for police reform by peacefully kneeling during national anthem. Trump called him a son of a b——-. He wouldn’t have done that if his base was for police reform.

Smashing windows seems for have spurred some conservatives to action, but most of them think the problem is merely “a few bad apples.”

Comment

That's actually what would precisely happen, literally. Gangs and crime organizations would step in to fill the void, and communities would be under even worse oppression than before.
                    Don't forget neighborhood watches (remember George Zimmerman?) and militia/vigilante groups also arise in these sort of situations.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Prior to riots, I didn’t see any threads about police reform. Again, Colin Kaepernick famously called for police reform by peacefully kneeling during national anthem. Trump called him a son of a b——-. He wouldn’t have done that if his base was for police reform.

Smashing windows seems for have spurred some conservatives to action, but most of them think the problem is merely “a few bad apples.”
                      This was one among many other such discussions that went on in other threads about the problem.

Comment

Leftists, especially atheists, are delusional about human nature...
                        The weird thing about them is that they will often refer to "reasonable people", as if there is some objective litmus test for that. Like "reasonable people will know that's a lie" or "reasonable people know that's not art." Reasonable people disagree all the time, and is why we have civil courts to sort out the messes.

Comment

This was one among many other such discussions that went on in other threads about the problem.
                          That was after the riots finally spurred Cow Poke to address the problem.

Those three NC officers who were recently fired weren’t protected by their union.

Comment

Those three NC officers who were recently fired weren’t protected by their union.
                            Where are all of your threads calling for police reform before this all started?

Comment

I had emailed the Chief - got a very nice response, but he asked that it be kept confidential.

But, yes, he had the power to hire and fire without having to account to "a higher power".

ETA: Wait, didn't JimL start that thread, and it blew up in his face?

The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

If you agree the police need reform, then you are on our side. Welcome aboard.

Comment