Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftist Madness (Don't call the police)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Leftist Madness (Don't call the police)...

Lefty Minneapolis neighborhood decided to virtue signal and refuse calling the police. Now they're overrun with crime and homeless.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/libera...-defund-police
    Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

From the article:

Linnea Borden said she has stopped walking her dog through the area because she is sick of being catcalled, while Carrie Nightshade has stopped letting her kids play in the park because it's dangerous.

"I'm not being judgmental," she insisted. "It's not personal. It's just not safe."

Are you SURE you're not being judgmental? I think you are...
    "What has the Church gained if it is popular, but there is no conviction, no repentance, no power?" - A.W. Tozer

"... there are two parties in Washington, the stupid party and the evil party, who occasionally get together and do something both stupid and evil, and this is called bipartisanship." - Everett Dirksen

Comment

I'm shocked. STUNNED, actually.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

On this part....

It was in Powderhorn Park where the Minneapolis City Council officially launched its "defund the police" initiative following the death of George Floyd on May 25. The council dreamed of a "transformative new model" of public safety where community social workers — not armed police officers — enforced the law.

JimL will be along shortly to explain how wrong they got this, and they actually don't mean what you're reading into this.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Maybe they could expand the idea of gun free zones and post signs stating that the area is a crime free zone. That oughta work.

Meanwhile Minneapolis appears to be moving ahead with disbanding their police force and replacing it with what they call a Community Safety & Violence Prevention unit.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
          "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
          "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Joseph Menkevich found a black man wearing a hospital bracelet passed out in an elevator in his apartment building. He phoned a community activist but she didn't answer, so he called 911 and requested an ambulance. Instead, a white police officer reportedly came and offered to take the man to the hospital. When the man refused, he made him exit the building.

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
              Maybe they could expand the idea of gun free zones and post signs stating that the area is a crime free zone. That oughta work.

Meanwhile Minneapolis appears to be moving ahead with disbanding their police force and replacing it with what they call a Community Safety & Violence Prevention unit.
              ME brudder and me are callin plays from the same hymnal!!!!

It was in Powderhorn Park where the Minneapolis City Council officially launched its "defund the police" initiative following the death of George Floyd on May 25. The council dreamed of a "transformative new model" of public safety where community social workers — not armed police officers — enforced the law.

Note - NOT armed police, just like we been sayin all along.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post

Lefty Minneapolis neighborhood decided to virtue signal and refuse calling the police. Now they're overrun with crime and homeless.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/libera...-defund-police
                The transformative new model is bound to have some hiccups.

People will need to learn to not do naughty things, because they are in the naughty free zone.

All this is going to work, give it time. Maybe even give it lots of time. Ok, give it till 2100.

I am offended by the term "catcalled", she is cataphobic.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                  The transformative new model is bound to have some hiccups.

People will need to learn to not do naughty things, because they are in the naughty free zone.

All this is going to work, give it time. Maybe even give it lots of time. Ok, give it till 2100.

I am offended by the term "catcalled", she is cataphobic.
                  Relax, folks, this will all be OK when Jesus returns.

Comment

little jimmy will be along shortly to proclaim that the Minneapolis City Council isn't really doing what they said they were going to do.

I heard a local liberal pundit describe the increase in crime in Minneapolis as a unforeseen consequence.

The only way it was unforeseen is if you were totally blind and had the IQ of a turnip.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

I heard a local liberal pundit describe the increase in crime in Minneapolis as a unforeseen consequence.
                      Was that the guy who had "IDIOT" stamped on his forehead in big block letters?

Comment

little jimmy will be along shortly to proclaim that the Minneapolis City Council isn't really doing what they said they were going to do.

The only way it was unforeseen is if you were totally blind and had the IQ of a turnip.
                        The left seems so naive about human nature. I think it might be the atheist in them. They're compelled to reject the bible's proclamation that man is inherently wicked, so they defiantly cling to the belief that folks will just naturally rise to altruism. Carpedm9587 was especially delusional about that.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                          The left seems so naive about human nature. I think it might be the atheist in them. They're compelled to reject the bible's proclamation that man is inherently wicked, so they defiantly cling to the belief that folks will just naturally rise to altruism. Carpedm9587 was especially delusional about that.
                          Anybody who's been in Youth Ministry knows that a group of teens, left alone, will do bad things that NO SINGLE teen would ever think of doing.

Comment

Originally posted by seanD View Post
                            The ironic thing is that it is they themselves that prove themselves wrong with their own behavior, while conservatives actually embody the values the liberals supposedly do. When there were demonstrations in Michigan against the governor, the people were civil, actually mostly stayed in their cars, waving flags, and even the people who carried guns to the capitol were peaceful and didn't threaten anyone. Nothing was destroyed, nobody was hurt. But the liberals, when they protest, burn down the city, beat people up, shoot at cops, and generally act like animals.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
                              The ironic thing is that it is they themselves that prove themselves wrong with their own behavior, while conservatives actually embody the values the liberals supposedly do. When there were demonstrations in Michigan against the governor, the people were civil, actually mostly stayed in their cars, waving flags, and even the people who carried guns to the capitol were peaceful and didn't threaten anyone. Nothing was destroyed, nobody was hurt. But the liberals, when they protest, burn down the city, beat people up, shoot at cops, and generally act like animals.
                              Kinda reminds me when we had the big Promise Keepers gathering in DC many years ago. My brother-in-law was Georgia Bureau of Investigations, and was working that as security. He said the Park Police (or Capital Police, I don't remember) were amazed - "when those guys left, you couldn't even find a single piece of litter on the ground!"

Comment