Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftist Madness (Don't call the police)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JimL View Post
    So what?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by seer View Post
      Minneapolis council members calling to defund police hire private security after death threats

https://www.foxnews.com/us/minneapol...-death-threats
      Protection for me but not for thee

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
        Protection for me but not for thee
        As a libertarian what is your take on the police vs private agencies for protection?

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
          As a libertarian what is your take on the police vs private agencies for protection?
          Rent a cops don't have access to qualified immunity so there are more potential liability issues if something goes wrong.

I spent a couple days going through private security training. The companies really don't want you physically intervening in virtually any circumstances. They're fine if you just want to hire somebody to watch an office building and make sure random people aren't coming in but that's about all IMO.
          Last edited by KingsGambit; 06-28-2020, 02:18 PM.
          "I am not angered that the Moral Majority boys campaign against abortion. I am angry when the same men who say, "Save OUR children" bellow "Build more and bigger bombers." That's right! Blast the children in other nations into eternity, or limbless misery as they lay crippled from "OUR" bombers! This does not jell." - Leonard Ravenhill

Comment

Originally posted by Leonhard View Post
            Personally, I don't like it. A private police force invites too many legal problems. They can't detain and arrest a person for a multitude of alleged crimes. And what if one of my private cops shoots a person for getting too close to me? They can't claim self defense because they were defending me, not themselves. Just really sticky.

But mainly, these sorts of things should be decided locally by voters and taxpayers. Local residents are paying for a police force through taxes. Denying them that protection because local politicians are caving to some mob mentality is theft of those tax monies.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsGambit View Post
              Rent a cops don't have access to qualified immunity so there are more potential liability issues if something goes wrong.

I spent a couple days going through private security training. The companies really don't want you physically intervening in virtually any circumstances. They're fine if you just want to hire somebody to watch an office building and make sure random people aren't coming in but that's about all IMO.
              And there are obviously two levels to private security -- those authorized to carry firearms, and not.

The type of security we're talking about there would most likely be former police officers, or off-duty police officers on a "second job".
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Lefty Minneapolis neighborhood decided to virtue signal and refuse calling the police. Now they're overrun with crime and homeless.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/libera...-defund-police
                Literally eliminating law enforcement would be foolish. At this point it's an emotional ( i.e.irrational ) response to a real problem. It is the responsibility of those that lead to resist the temptation to follow the emotionally driven path, but to act soberly, responsibly.

Policing needs reform. But the lawless and chaotic elements of the world will always need the push back of the enforcement of law and order.
                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by oxmixmudd View Post
                  Literally eliminating law enforcement would be foolish. At this point it's an emotional ( i.e.irrational ) response to a real problem. It is the responsibility of those that lead to resist the temptation to follow the emotionally driven path, but to act soberly, responsibly.

Policing needs reform. But the lawless and chaotic elements of the world will always need the push back of the enforcement of law and order.
                  Even significantly reducing Police presence will have negative effects.
                  Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Even significantly reducing Police presence will have negative effects.
                    Not if the redirecting of funds reduces both crime and police responsibilities. Crime is higher in high poverty areas for a reason. Ignore that and the crime problem as well as the police abuse will continue. It's interesting to me how it seems all you conservatives are pro-Authoritarian Executive with an underlying police state.

Comment

Not if the redirecting of funds reduces both crime and police responsibilities.
                      You're actually buying that load of crap?

Crime is higher in high poverty areas for a reason.
                      Because there are more criminals there?

Ignore that and the crime problem as well as the police abuse will continue.
                      No, community policing has worked very well all across the country - better training for police, and allow command staff to fire bad actors.

It's interesting to me how it seems all you conservatives are pro-Authoritarian Executive with an underlying police state.
                      Well, a supporter of anarchy would see it that way, for sure.

Comment

Not if the redirecting of funds reduces both crime and police responsibilities. Crime is higher in high poverty areas for a reason. Ignore that and the crime problem as well as the police abuse will continue. It's interesting to me how it seems all you conservatives are pro-Authoritarian Executive with an underlying police state.
                        Jim how did Camden do it? As we discussed in the past, they put three times more cops on the street. And the fact is Jim we have poured trillions of dollars into the inner cities since through social welfare programs since the Great Society. Sorry Jim, money is not going to fix the 70% father abandonment of children.

http://marripedia.org/effects_of_sin..._poverty_rates
                        Atheism is the cult of death, the death of hope. The universe is doomed, you are doomed, the only thing that remains is to await your execution...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jbnueb2OI4o&t=3s

Comment

Seems to me the Democrat leaders of your cities have been ignoring poverty in it's cities for decades.

And you keep voting them back in.

So, what have these Democrat mayor's of your Democrat cities been doing for decades? Blaming trump?

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                            Seems to me the Democrat leaders of your cities have been ignoring poverty in it's cities for decades.

And you keep voting them back in.

So, what have these Democrat mayor's of your Democrat cities been doing for decades? Blaming trump?
                            Pretty much all of this anarchy and chaos is in Democrat cities and states.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                              Pretty much all of this anarchy and chaos is in Democrat cities and states.
                              It's just unfathomable how liberal posters ignore the responsibility of their leaders.

It makes it impossible to take them seriously.

It plays well on the internet I guess.

I've already considered that if I get a response from that poster, I will come out guilty somehow, Trump should be guilty for sure, and the Democrat Heart will be the most pristine thing ever, just not in practice in their cities.
                              Last edited by Maranatha; 06-29-2020, 10:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                                It's just unfathomable how liberal posters ignore the responsibility of their leaders.

It makes it impossible to take them seriously.

It plays well on the internet I guess.
                                I think the liberals had been playing a good game of "yes, there's poverty and crime, but we're the party to fix it".

Recently, however, it's getting so outlandish that it's hard to sustain.

Comment