Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

Leftist Madness (Don't call the police)...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    I think the liberals had been playing a good game of "yes, there's poverty and crime, but we're the party to fix it".

Recently, however, it's getting so outlandish that it's hard to sustain.
    If you only admit your role in the history of mankind, admit it is your whiteness that causes everything bad, ever, then and only then will liberals believe you are as righteous as them.

Then they will call for more policing.

These people are funny.

Comment

Originally posted by Ronson View Post
      Personally, I don't like it. A private police force invites too many legal problems. They can't detain and arrest a person for a multitude of alleged crimes. And what if one of my private cops shoots a person for getting too close to me? They can't claim self defense because they were defending me, not themselves. Just really sticky.

But mainly, these sorts of things should be decided locally by voters and taxpayers. Local residents are paying for a police force through taxes. Denying them that protection because local politicians are caving to some mob mentality is theft of those tax monies.
      Thanks for the perspective, I was curious.

Comment

Minneapolis's city council needs to be run out of town on a rail. Or arrested.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
          Minneapolis's city council needs to be run out of town on a rail. Or arrested.
          HOPEFULLY, there are enough sane citizens in Minneapolis to vote these MOErons out of office in November. Aren't they all up for reelection?
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
            HOPEFULLY, there are enough sane citizens in Minneapolis to vote these MOErons out of office in November. Aren't they all up for reelection?
            Why wait that long? Think how much damage they could continue to do. The state government and the Mayor needs to remove them from office with a recall or arrest them for endangering lives or something. At least the Mayor isn't going along with this nuttery.

Comment