Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How much of this is Trump's fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whag View Post
    You’re a Trumper?
    You mean Trumpster? I'm accused of being one all the time by one of your less cogent colleagues.

If not, why are you responding?
    It's a free country.
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Oh I forgot how Revelations is brimming with happy thoughts.
      It's "Revelation". And it's only one of 66 books in the Bible, MANY of which have very happy thoughts.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        It's "Revelation". And it's only one of 66 books in the Bible, MANY of which have very happy thoughts.
        But not Lamentations.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
          No. He didn't. They had been scheduled for being disbanded and got rolled into other agencies like the one that handles bio-terrorism attacks.
          Strangely in the name of cost cutting, despite ballooned military budget and the fact that robust response would’ve minimized economic impact.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/tr...pandemic-team/

“No pandemic playbook”

“No one expected this.”

Comment

Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
            But not Lamentations.

You HAD to bring that up!

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
              As I already said, there has been mixed messaging all around, and Trump did himself no favors in the way he handled this. The only guy who outdid Trump on handling this was Mister "bring the camera in closer" Cuomo.
              Cuomo has some competition like Nancy Pelosi who was encouraging people to go to Chinatown in San Francisco to party back in March and Bill de Blasio who told people to "get out on the town despite Coronavirus" and recommended going to the movies -- also in March.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
              "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
              "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

Can Trump get credit because the actual pandemic was far less severe than the models and predictions?
                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                  Can Trump get credit because the actual pandemic was far less severe than the models and predictions?
                  Will Obama get credit for stopping Ebola threat?

83667BAF-480F-4AF7-80E7-A5DD92525353.jpeg

F543EBEC-046A-4D09-B333-DDBABE0A0FF2.jpeg

There’s always a tweet with this knucklehead.

Comment

Comparing US versus EU

US VS EU.jpg

Up to the beginning of April, the US was doing pretty much the same as the EU in terms of the covid-19, but since then, the US is doing terribly.

Comment

Will Obama get credit for stopping Ebola threat?
                      If you want.
                      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                        Comparing US versus EU

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46053[/ATTACH]

Up to the beginning of April, the US was doing pretty much the same as the EU in terms of the covid-19, but since then, the US is doing terribly.
                        I remind people of that the number of cases is not of much importance. There is no scientific significance unless there is a universal rate of deaths tied to the number of cases -- which has not been possible yet (if ever). The numbers to track are the daily deaths per million population and the available icu beds in localities. I rely on a French study that said 4% of hospitalized cases went to ICU. So, in the Dallas County numbers I provided days ago, there would have to be 6000 hospitalized cases to fill up the available ICU beds -- so this was the number to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by mikewhitney View Post
                          I remind people of that the number of cases is not of much importance. There is no scientific significance unless there is a universal rate of deaths tied to the number of cases -- which has not been possible yet (if ever). The numbers to track are the daily deaths per million population and the available icu beds in localities. I rely on a French study that said 4% of hospitalized cases went to ICU. So, in the Dallas County numbers I provided days ago, there would have to be 6000 hospitalized cases to fill up the available ICU beds -- so this was the number to watch.
                          In a sense you're right considering that the CDC has recently declared that the numbers of covid-19 in the US should be 10x what is officially reported. That would make that graph going to the roof... Nevertheless the point is the same: the US is doing terribly compared to the EU (appr. same population, same diversity, etc).

As for ICU beds, Texas, Florida and Alabama are soon to run out...

Comment

Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                            In a sense you're right considering that the CDC has recently declared that the numbers of covid-19 in the US should be 10x what is officially reported. That would make that graph going to the roof... Nevertheless the point is the same: the US is doing terribly compared to the EU (appr. same population, same diversity, etc).

As for ICU beds, Texas, Florida and Alabama are soon to run out...
                            How are things terrible? Are the death rates (per millions), as attributed to coronavirus, worse than death rates in comparable places in the EU?

I posted the Dallas County calculations somewhere. (The necessary data was easy to obtain for doing calculations on Dallas County.) There was no great number of deaths there. If we don't see those numbers increasing, they are okay. If there are specific places to investigate, we can see if there are real problems in those locations.

Each time I check these numbers, they prove near to the flu death rate. New York city was different but I don't think anything there has been common to other locations.
                            Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-26-2020, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Maranatha View Post
                              In reality, little to none.

If I simply must assign blame, then I would assign the direct blame to China, and their Wuhan operations, cover-ups, lies and obfuscations.

If you mean the response, then the whole Corona team shares the blame, and the political leaders of both parties have Corona beer on their hands.

Politically, the left will say he is responsible for everything.
                              wow.
                              My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
                                No - because most of the actions that prevented that were taken in opposition to what Trump wanted to happen. And our return to crazy growth is almost 100% tied to his pressure on governors to reopen too soon. Indeed, even today Pence is our there trying to say things are actually rosy and Trump has been continuing to pretend testing is a 'bad' thing. It's just like a twilight zone episode where the leadership of the country is actively trying to get as many people sick as they can. The Trump admin is clueless, inept, and dangerous.
                                Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-26-2020, 03:01 PM.
                                My brethren, do not hold your faith in our glorious Lord Jesus Christ with an attitude of personal favoritism. James 2:1

If anyone thinks himself to be religious, and yet does not  bridle his tongue but deceives his own heart, this man’s religion is worthless James 1:26

This you know, my beloved brethren. But everyone must be quick to hear, slow to speak and slow to anger; James 1:19

Comment