Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How much of this is Trump's fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Zara View Post
    He's hardly worth the time it takes to reply.
    He, who? Cause, here you are, replying.

The only reason he cares about "the numbers" is to downplay the severity of the crisis. This is in the middle of the crisis, which is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.
    Assuming this is about me - it's an outright lie. I care about the numbers because one side is drastically inflating them and the other side is drastically minimizing them.

Just in case this isn't common knowledge. It is likely that the number of deaths are being undercounted - studies of deaths from all causes in NY showed a considerable spike even above that of reported covid-19 deaths over the period of acute crises in the region.
    And other sources say the deaths are being overcounted - as anybody who dies somehow gets associated with Covid.

You people are so utterly screwed. Next time maybe don't spend decades undermining your government, pay more taxes and don't vote in an incompetent fool. If there is a next time, that is.
    Wow. Do you feel better, having ranted?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
      He, who? Cause, here you are, replying.

Assuming this is about me - it's an outright lie. I care about the numbers because one side is drastically inflating them and the other side is drastically minimizing them.

And other sources say the deaths are being overcounted - as anybody who dies somehow gets associated with Covid.

Wow. Do you feel better, having ranted?
      Yawn.

Comment

Yawn.
        Yeah, truth bores you liberals.
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

Yeah, truth bores you liberals.
          Whatever the true number is, it is above the bar of a major crisis. The current analysis is sufficient. Thus, the only reason to concern yourself with the number is if it can be pulled below that bar. Since it can't, your motives are likely to be impure. End of story.

Comment

He's hardly worth the time it takes to reply.

The only reason he cares about "the numbers" is to downplay the severity of the crisis. This is in the middle of the crisis, which is going to get a whole lot worse before it gets better.

Just in case this isn't common knowledge. It is likely that the number of deaths are being undercounted - studies of deaths from all causes in NY showed a considerable spike even above that of reported covid-19 deaths over the period of acute crises in the region.

You people are so utterly screwed. Next time maybe don't spend decades undermining your government, pay more taxes and don't vote in an incompetent fool. If there is a next time, that is.
            To be fair (to myself), I had nothing to do with the current state of my country. I and my friends all tried to talk sense when confronted with anti-media anti-justice anti-government lunacy. The cold, hard truth is that a slim majority of Americans wanted the US to be the way it is today.

All I can say is: please don't judge the smart minority by the actions of the dim majority. The pandemic is judgement enough...

Comment

Whatever the true number is, it is above the bar of a major crisis.
              So, not worthy of a response, but here you are again! And --- WOW, it's "above the bar of a major crisis". WHO KNEW!!!!!!

The current analysis is sufficient.
              You're quite the pantload. The "current analysis" by WHOM! That's the point - the "current analysis" is all over the place.

Thus, the only reason to concern yourself with the number is if it can be pulled below that bar.
              Ah, so, somebody who spouts numbers they can't support... um... THEY can be concerned about the numbers, but......

You're cute.

Since it can't, your motives are likely to be impure. End of story.
              Run along, your mother has your supper ready.

Comment

Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
                To be fair (to myself), I had nothing to do with the current state of my country. I and my friends all tried to talk sense when confronted with anti-media anti-justice anti-government lunacy. The cold, hard truth is that a slim majority of Americans wanted the US to be the way it is today.
                So, what makes you assume I haven't? Just because I want the TRUTH?

All I can say is: please don't judge the smart minority by the actions of the dim majority. The pandemic is judgement enough...

You guys outta take this show on the road!

Comment

....Since it can't, your motives are likely to be impure. End of story.
                  So, what is it about you self-righteous leftist nutters that makes you so judgmental?

Oh, I forgot...

End of story.

Comment

So, not worthy of a response, but here you are again! And --- WOW, it's "above the bar of a major crisis". WHO KNEW!!!!!!
                    This isn't for you - you're so far up the extremist tree there is no changing your mind. However much you try to appear as though you're not

You're quite the pantload. The "current analysis" by WHOM! That's the point - the "current analysis" is all over the place.

Ah, so, somebody who spouts numbers they can't support... um... THEY can be concerned about the numbers, but......
                    The current analysis is 125k dead, and counting. Don't forget the and counting. That's whats going to get you. This is aside from the death from all causes - which is what is used by epidemiologists after a virus to determine the "true" impact of a virus. This is the same for flu calculations post-flu seasons. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...h-toll-us.html

But feel free to find a "truth" that suits your sad world view - given how delusional most of it is, I'm sure you'll be all warm and fuzzy even while your neighbors die.
                    Last edited by Zara; 06-27-2020, 08:49 PM.

Comment

So, what is it about you self-righteous leftist nutters that makes you so judgmental?

Oh, I forgot...

End of story.
                      Again, from a global perspective I'm a centralist. You're a far right nutter to pretty much everyone in a western world other than the US. But I suspect even many in the US would designate you as a far-right nutter. But feel free to think of yourself as the bastion of reasoned thought, I mean, you're already so delusional what's another delusion.
                      Last edited by Zara; 06-27-2020, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Again, from a global perspective I'm a centralist.
                        Cool.

You're a far right nutter to pretty much everyone in a western world other than the US.
                        That's cute.

But I suspect even many in the US would designate you as a far-right nutter.
                        Well, the extreme leftist nutters certainly would.

But feel free to think of yourself as the bastion of reasoned thought, I mean, you're already so delusional what's another delusion.

You are SO PRECIOUS!!!!! You have me laughing out loud.

Comment

Cool.

That's cute.

Well, the extreme leftist nutters certainly would.
                          You mean, the rest of the western world. Again, you appear to not grasp that the vast majority of the western world doesn't agree with what you think. Designating them as left-wing nutters just shows how far to the right you are. Very far. To the point of nutter.

Comment

This isn't for you - you're so far up the extremist tree there is no changing your mind. However much you try to appear as though you're not
                            You would win a Gold Medal if there were one for Conclusion Jumping, that's for sure!

The current analysis is 125k dead, and counting.
                            Actually, the statistic I had found, and was accepting, was 127,000, and that's tragic.

Don't forget the and counting. That's whats going to get you.
                            I was already fully aware of that.

This is aside from the death from all causes - which is what is used by epidemiologists after a virus to determine the "true" impact of a virus. This is the same for flu calculations post-flu seasons. https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...h-toll-us.html

But feel free to find a "truth" that suits your sad world view - given how delusional most of it is, I'm sure you'll be all warm and fuzzy even while your neighbors die.
                            The "truth" I had already found and accepted was a tad higher than what you were lecturing me about, junior.

I had actually advised our Church that we're "pulling back" for a few weeks to keep an eye on this, because there's an uptick in Texas, even though it's not in my general area.

You're quite the little... um.... you ARE amusing, I'll say that.

Comment

You would win a Gold Medal if there were one for Conclusion Jumping, that's for sure!

Actually, the statistic I had found, and was accepting, was 127,000, and that's tragic.

I was already fully aware of that.

The "truth" I had already found and accepted was a tad higher than what you were lecturing me about, junior.

I had actually advised our Church that we're "pulling back" for a few weeks to keep an eye on this, because there's an uptick in Texas, even though it's not in my general area.

You're quite the little... um.... you ARE amusing, I'll say that.
                              Good.

Comment

Good.
                                I'm still laughing... You are a psychotic little thing. Perhaps, next time, before ASSUMING somebody else's position, and raving like a lunatic, you might do a little research first.

But, naw ----- that's probably not in your nature.

Sheeeeesh!

Comment