Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How much of this is Trump's fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zara View Post
    How mature are you? You're just as bad as MM. Maybe grow up; I'm sure the bible has something to say about this. Hmm.
    I'm guessing you're what, 14?
    The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
      It's like this...

Liberals: "A million people are going to die if we don't do something!"

The Trump administration puts a plan into place that keeps the death toll to a miniscule fraction of that.

Liberals: "Oh yeah? Well, he still did a bad job, so there!"
      According to your standard, has he done a bad job? Since you don't agree with the predictions - against what are you making the judgement. If it's according to his own standard, he has definitely done a bad job.

According to my standard, you're so far from being out of the woods, current claims to 'having done a good job' are about as immature as your average post.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
        I'm guessing you're what, 14?
        I know you're old, meanwhile you continue to act like, what, 14?

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero View Post
          According to your standard, has he done a bad job? Since you don't agree with the predictions - against what are you making the judgement. If it's according to his own standard, he has definitely done a bad job.

According to my standard, you're so far from being out of the woods, current claims to 'having done a good job' are about as immature as your average post.
          I bet you're the meanest kid on the grade school playground.
          Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
          But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
          Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Child View Post
            I bet you're the meanest kid on the grade school playground.
            Ohh look. You ran out of argument so you're back to insults. Real mature.

Comment

I know you're old, meanwhile you continue to act like, what, 14?
              Dear Lord, PLEASE send us at least one liberal with a sense of humor, and doesn't act like an angry tyrant.

Amen.
              The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                Dear Lord, PLEASE send us at least one liberal with a sense of humor, and doesn't act like an angry tyrant.

Amen.
                Yawn.

Comment

Yawn.
                  That often means you're not getting enough oxygen.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                    And as a leader has done a worse job than most of the rest of the world, and the spike in cases is still on the uptick. As a matter of fact the new cases per day are higher now than they were in April.
                    While the number of fatalities steadily drops.

Just wondering, do you think that the massive increase in testing might have anything to do with the number of people reported as having had the Chicom coronavirus increasing?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                    "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                      Ferguson and his team's modelling has been questioned but bear in mind, this isn't over yet.
                      True. They made similar sensational death estimates concerning mad cow disease, bird flu and swine flu and yet are continued to be viewed as the go-to experts.

Meanwhile, as increased testing finds more folks who were infected the rate in the number of fatalities is steadily decreasing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
                      "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
                      "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

• Originally posted by rogue06 View Post
                        While the number of fatalities steadily drops.
                        Wrong, the number of fatalities doesn't drop. It increases either linearly or exponentially, or stays the same if the pandemic has ended but doesn't drop, assuming the counting has been done correctly all along.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
                          If you measure by sheer number of cases, yes. However, the US has the 3rd highest population in the world (behind China and India) so of course we are going to have more cases. D'oh.

I prefer to look at the per capita cases to see how we're doing compared to other countries. From RealClearPolitics chart: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

county: deaths per 1million pop; fatality rate on confirmed cases
                          US: 329.9; 4.85%
                          UK: 655.4; 13.97%
                          France: 444.5; 18.28%
                          Mexico: 211.2; 12.29%
                          Netherlands: 354.4; 12.16%

You can go read the chart for yourself. Ok, I'll agree the US doesn't have the best results in the world. But when I look at the numbers I have a hard time believing we have "one of the worst results in the world".
                          https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries gives statistics for over 200 countries. The USA is in the worst 10 of those 200+ for deaths/million. Of those 10, only the USA and Sweden are among the 28 countries which had more than 1 death/million yesterday. The US is also in the worst 10 countries for new cases/million, and 12th worst for total cases/million.

Whether you look at cases or fatalities, current rates or overall totals, per capita or not, the USA is near the bottom. The USA clearly has "one of the worst results in the world".
                          Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.
                          MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

It's all relative, and it's down to the response of individual states -- with the exception of Killer Cuomo and his sister state New Jersey, the US has done exceptionally well overall.
                            That is utter garbage:

Country/state Deaths per million
                            New Jersey 1703
                            New York 1619
                            San Marino 1238
                            Connecticut 1212
                            Massachusetts 1174
                            Rhode Island 893
                            Belgium 840
                            Washington DC 781
                            Louisiana 690
                            Andorra 673
                            UK 642
                            Michigan 617
                            Spain 606
                            Italy 575
                            Illinois 561
                            Sweden 526
                            Maryland 525
                            Pennsylvania 521
                            Delaware 521
                            France 457
                            USA 389
                            Deluded morons like you are getting people killed.
                            Last edited by Roy; 06-30-2020, 05:21 AM.
                            Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

MM on covid-19: We're talking about an illness with a better than 99.9% rate of survival.

seer: I believe that so called 'compassion' [for starving Palestinian kids] maybe a cover for anti Semitism, ...

Comment

But as Thoughtful Monk pointed out, a comparison of per capita numbers shows that the US is doing at least as well as any other country at mitigating the China flu.
                              More complete garbage. An actual comparison of per capita numbers shows the exact opposite - that almost every other country is doing better than the US, which ranks 202nd and 205th out of 213 at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
                              Last edited by Roy; 06-30-2020, 05:55 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
                                More complete garbage. An actual comparison of per capita numbers shows the exact opposite - that almost every other country is doing better than the US, which ranks 202nd and 207th out of 213 at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
                                Um... look at your own source. Based on deaths per 1 million, the US is doing at least as well as countries with similar population sizes and/or densities, and in some cases doing significantly better. It's also a fact many doctors in the US are overstating deaths caused by the China flu, and Democrat run states like New York that had the insane policy of packing sick vulnerable people into nursing homes also unnecessarily increased the totals.

So all things considered, the US is doing very well, and we're far, far below the original predictions and models that were being tossed around in the early days.
                                Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
                                But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
                                Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment