Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of this is Trump's fault?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post
    Considering that the curve isn't flat but is instead sloping up, and that we're the only post-industrial country where this is so - no. It doesn't mean that.

Not even close :)
    I think, as the thread I started suggested, that Memorial Day was an early "Independence Day", where people were fed up with being shut in, and went on about their family gatherings, picnics, swim parties, etc...

It's pretty hard to battle the human spirit of "I want freedom".
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    What's amazing is how the left seems to be clinging to the hope that it will get REALLY worse, because it looks worse for Trump.

Same with the economy.

How sad it must be to be in a position to wish deaths and financial ruin on your country for political purposes.
    There you go with your dishonest and disparaging remarks again. What is it with you CP, you just can't help yourself or what? Name me one person here who has wished for more deaths or financial ruin.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    There you go with your dishonest and disparaging remarks again.
    Jim, if I've said something dishonest, then man up and point it out in the same post where you make that gutless cowardly claim, OK?

Apparently, you've really allowed me to get under your incredibly thin skin, but there's nothing I've said that can be construed as "dishonest".

What is it CP, you just can't help yourself or what? Name me one person here who has wished for more deaths or financial ruin.
    Even you wouldn't be stupid enough to admit it openly, Jim.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Jim, if I've said something dishonest, then man up and point it out in the same post where you make that gutless cowardly claim, OK?

Apparently, you've really allowed me to get under your incredibly thin skin, but there's nothing I've said that can be construed as "dishonest".

Even you wouldn't be stupid enough to admit it openly, Jim.
    Oh, I see, so you just accuse people of saying stuff because it's what you believe they think, but not what they've actually said they think. Gotcha!

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Oh, I see, so you just accuse people of saying stuff because it's what you believe they think, but not what they've actually said they think. Gotcha!
    OK, so let's pretend you can actually formulate an honest accusation. Please provide, using the actual quote function, what I said that is "dishonest".

Thanks.

PS -- you might try educating yourself on Tweb's actually policy of accusing others of lying.

6. Amen mossrose amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    OK, so let's pretend you can actually formulate an honest accusation. Please provide, using the actual quote function, what I said that is "dishonest".

Thanks.

PS -- you might try educating yourself on Tweb's actually policy of accusing others of lying.
    I didn't accuse you of lying, I was refering to your post where you dihonestly suggested that those of us on the other side of the issue were, according to our posts, wishing for more deaths and financial ruin.

"How sad it must be to wish deaths and financial ruin on your country for political reasons." Not one person suggested having any such wish.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I didn't accuse you of lying,
    No, you took the cowardly way out and accused me of being dishonest.

I was refering to your post where you dihonestly suggested
    How can a "suggestion" be dishonest if the person "suggesting" it believes it to be true?

that those of us on the other side of the issue were, according to our posts, wishing for more deaths and financial ruin.
    Exact quote, please.

"How sad it must be to wish deaths and financial ruin on your country for political reasons."
    That's how it appears to me, yes. Some of the Democrats were even bragging hoping for a recession to ruin Trump's chances of reelection.

Frustrated Democrats still hoping in vain for recession

“Here Comes the Trump Slump” warned yet another anti-Trump column from New York Times columnist Paul Krugman last week. This is the same Paul Krugman who predicted the stock market would “never” recover from its initial sell-off on news of a Trump victory. He also said Trump's election would usher in a global recession. Oops.

Krugman writes that Trump’s trade policies are pushing the economy into a downturn, looking especially at the recent weakness in manufacturing and exports, which have indeed been dinged by the president’s confrontation with China.

He suggests that a slowdown could so damage Trump’s reelection prospects that the president will probably pressure federal bean-counters to inflate the numbers.

Not one person suggested having any such wish.
    It is my personal opinion that many Democrats hate Trump so much that they'd welcome anything it took to get him out of office. Why are you taking this so personally, Jim?

Faith
    slave & child of Christ
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Moderator Notice

Jim, I have reported 2 posts in this thread where you have accused CP of dishonesty. You will be moderated when the available moderators get around to it. You had better cut it out, because you already have moderation against you for the same failing from just a few days ago. And if you keep it up you will be having a little vacation from the site.

***If you wish to take issue with this notice DO NOT do so in this thread.***
    Contact the forum moderator or an administrator in Private Message or email instead. If you feel you must publicly complain or whine, please take it to the Psychotherapy Room unless told otherwise.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by little_monkey View Post
    Who cares about prediction?! Leadership is about what's happening on the ground, and the picture is ugly. We are #1 in cases, and #1 in deaths.
    Of course "nobody" cares about the predictions since liberals didn't get the million deaths to lay at Trump's feet that they were gleefully anticipating. But as Thoughtful Monk pointed out, a comparison of per capita numbers shows that the US is doing at least as well as any other country at mitigating the China flu.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Of course "nobody" cares about the predictions since liberals didn't get the million deaths to lay at Trump's feet that they were gleefully anticipating.
    No one predicted millions of death as a thing which might come to pass.

As long as you repeat this false claim, I will repeatedly correct you.