Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1119202122 LastLast

Thread: How much of this is Trump's fault?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    I know you're old, meanwhile you continue to act like, what, 14?
    Dear Lord, PLEASE send us at least one liberal with a sense of humor, and doesn't act like an angry tyrant.

Amen.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

tWebber
    Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    Dear Lord, PLEASE send us at least one liberal with a sense of humor, and doesn't act like an angry tyrant.

Amen.
    Yawn.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Zara View Post
    Yawn.
    That often means you're not getting enough oxygen.
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since you’ve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?”

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by JimL View Post
    And as a leader has done a worse job than most of the rest of the world, and the spike in cases is still on the uptick. As a matter of fact the new cases per day are higher now than they were in April.
    While the number of fatalities steadily drops.

Just wondering, do you think that the massive increase in testing might have anything to do with the number of people reported as having had the Chicom coronavirus increasing?

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
    Ferguson and his team's modelling has been questioned but bear in mind, this isn't over yet.
    True. They made similar sensational death estimates concerning mad cow disease, bird flu and swine flu and yet are continued to be viewed as the go-to experts.

Meanwhile, as increased testing finds more folks who were infected the rate in the number of fatalities is steadily decreasing.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    unbeliever
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by rogue06 View Post
    While the number of fatalities steadily drops.
    Wrong, the number of fatalities doesn't drop. It increases either linearly or exponentially, or stays the same if the pandemic has ended but doesn't drop, assuming the counting has been done correctly all along.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Monk View Post
    If you measure by sheer number of cases, yes. However, the US has the 3rd highest population in the world (behind China and India) so of course we are going to have more cases. D'oh.

I prefer to look at the per capita cases to see how we're doing compared to other countries. From RealClearPolitics chart: https://www.realclearpolitics.com/

county: deaths per 1million pop; fatality rate on confirmed cases
    US: 329.9; 4.85%
    UK: 655.4; 13.97%
    France: 444.5; 18.28%
    Mexico: 211.2; 12.29%
    Netherlands: 354.4; 12.16%

You can go read the chart for yourself. Ok, I'll agree the US doesn't have the best results in the world. But when I look at the numbers I have a hard time believing we have "one of the worst results in the world".
    https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries gives statistics for over 200 countries. The USA is in the worst 10 of those 200+ for deaths/million. Of those 10, only the USA and Sweden are among the 28 countries which had more than 1 death/million yesterday. The US is also in the worst 10 countries for new cases/million, and 12th worst for total cases/million.

Whether you look at cases or fatalities, current rates or overall totals, per capita or not, the USA is near the bottom. The USA clearly has "one of the worst results in the world".
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

Mountain Man: First of all, the Bible is a fixed document.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    It's all relative, and it's down to the response of individual states -- with the exception of Killer Cuomo and his sister state New Jersey, the US has done exceptionally well overall.
    That is utter garbage:

Country/state Deaths per million
    New Jersey 1703
    New York 1619
    San Marino 1238
    Connecticut 1212
    Massachusetts 1174
    Rhode Island 893
    Belgium 840
    Washington DC 781
    Louisiana 690
    Andorra 673
    UK 642
    Michigan 617
    Spain 606
    Italy 575
    Illinois 561
    Sweden 526
    Maryland 525
    Pennsylvania 521
    Delaware 521
    France 457
    USA 389

Deluded morons like you are getting people killed.
    Last edited by Roy; 06-30-2020 at 03:21 AM.
    Jorge: Functional Complex Information is INFORMATION that is complex and functional.

mikewhitney: What if the speed of light changed when light is passing through water? ... I have 3 semesters of college Physics.

9. Amen EvoUK amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    But as Thoughtful Monk pointed out, a comparison of per capita numbers shows that the US is doing at least as well as any other country at mitigating the China flu.
    More complete garbage. An actual comparison of per capita numbers shows the exact opposite - that almost every other country is doing better than the US, which ranks 202nd and 205th out of 213 at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    Last edited by Roy; 06-30-2020 at 03:55 AM.

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ignorant Roy View Post
    More complete garbage. An actual comparison of per capita numbers shows the exact opposite - that almost every other country is doing better than the US, which ranks 202nd and 207th out of 213 at https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries
    Um... look at your own source. Based on deaths per 1 million, the US is doing at least as well as countries with similar population sizes and/or densities, and in some cases doing significantly better. It's also a fact many doctors in the US are overstating deaths caused by the China flu, and Democrat run states like New York that had the insane policy of packing sick vulnerable people into nursing homes also unnecessarily increased the totals.

So all things considered, the US is doing very well, and we're far, far below the original predictions and models that were being tossed around in the early days.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra