Announcement

Collapse

Civics 101 Guidelines

Want to argue about politics? Healthcare reform? Taxes? Governments? You've come to the right place!

Try to keep it civil though. The rules still apply here.
See more
See less

How much of this is Trump's fault?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• As of today

Texas, virus.jpg

Expect the situation to get worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by Whateverman View Post
      Nope, because the models weren't applicable for a nation that implemented mitigation factors. The models even mentioned this, but you ignore it - because it doesn't fit your narrative.
      Which is just another way of saying that models and predictions were far in excess of what we've actually seen, yes?
      Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
      But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
      Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
        As of today

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46119[/ATTACH]

Expect the situation to get worse.
        Texas has 254 Counties - some counties obviously worse than others, some counties with no cases at all.

texas cases.jpg
        The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Zero View Post
          The official tally is now closer to 25% higher, at 126,000...
          I edited out all the condescension and insults from your post, and this is all that was left.

126,000 deaths is still a tiny fraction of what was originally predicted, which means the administration's efforts to keep the China flu under control have been hugely successful. I'm not certain that we necessarily needed to destroy our economy to accomplish it, and the long-term fallout from an extended lockdown is going to be ugly, I think, not just economically but socially, but you can't say Team Trump didn't "flatten the curve", which was the original stated goal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mountain Man View Post
            126,000 deaths is still a tiny fraction of what was originally predicted
            No it isn't. The predictions you're referring to were for a virus unchecked by mitigation and social/public health policy.

We implemented mitigation/policies, so the predictions you're referring to don't apply.

As long as you keep repeating your cherished mistruths, I'll repeatedly correct you.

Comment

The predictions you're referring to were for a virus unchecked by mitigation and social/public health policy.
              Right, which means that the efforts by the administration to "flatten the curve" have been a YUGE success, keeping deaths from the China flu to a tiny sliver what was originally predicted.

Comment

Right, which means that the efforts by the administration to "flatten the curve" have been a YUGE success, keeping deaths from the China flu to a tiny sliver what was originally predicted.
                Regardless of what predictions were The result of the US response is one of the worst results in the world and continues to get worse.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimL View Post
                  Regardless of what predictions were The result of the US response is one of the worst results in the world and continues to get worse.
                  What's amazing is how the left seems to be clinging to the hope that it will get REALLY worse, because it looks worse for Trump.

Same with the economy.

How sad it must be to be in a position to wish deaths and financial ruin on your country for political purposes.
                  The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

• Originally posted by JimLamebrain View Post
                    Thank s to Governor Cuomo and his insane nursing home policy.

Comment

Which is just another way of saying that models and predictions were far in excess of what we've actually seen, yes?
                      Nope, because you have yet to cite any models/predictions for a country that implemented pandemic mitigation.

Comment

Nope, because you have yet to cite any models/predictions for a country that implemented pandemic mitigation.
                        Since you seem to be one of the slow kids, let me connect the dots for you:

1) Models and predictions said that the China flu would kill over one millions American citizens.
                        2) The Trump administration responded.
                        3) Deaths are a tiny fraction of what was originally predicted.

So does Trump get the credit or not?

Comment

• Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
                          Texas has 254 Counties - some counties obviously worse than others, some counties with no cases at all.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46120[/ATTACH]
                          What's your point? You think those counties with low numbers are shielded?? If no measures are taken, they will suffer the same fate.

Comment

• Originally posted by little_monkey View Post
                            What's your point? You think those counties with low numbers are shielded?? If no measures are taken, they will suffer the same fate.
                            Don't you know? Within the USA it will all miraculously disappear. Furthermore not testing means less cases, at least that is what passes for the thinking process in Trump's brain.

I wonder if he applies same logic applies to suspected cancers?
                            "It ain't necessarily so
                            The things that you're liable
                            To read in the Bible
                            It ain't necessarily so
                            ."

Sportin' Life
                            Porgy & Bess, DuBose Heyward, George & Ira Gershwin

Comment

So does Trump get the credit or not?
                              Yes, he gets the credit for making the US the worst country on the planet dealing with the pandemic.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hypatia_Alexandria View Post
                                Don't you know? Within the USA it will all miraculously disappear. Furthermore not testing means less cases, at least that is what passes for the thinking process in Trump's brain.

I wonder if he applies same logic applies to suspected cancers?
                                I wouldn't be surprised if at some point he applied that "logic". And pretty soon the Trump apologists would be ready to explain to us why it makes so much sense.
                                "Yes. President Trump is a huge embarrassment. And it’s an embarrassment to evangelical Christianity that there appear to be so many who will celebrate precisely the aspects that I see Biblically as most lamentable and embarrassing." Southern Baptist leader Albert Mohler Jr.

Comment