Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: How much of this is Trump's fault?

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cow Poke View Post
    As I already said, there has been mixed messaging all around, and Trump did himself no favors in the way he handled this. The only guy who outdid Trump on handling this was Mister "bring the camera in closer" Cuomo.
    Cuomo has some competition like Nancy Pelosi who was encouraging people to go to Chinatown in San Francisco to party back in March and Bill de Blasio who told people to "get out on the town despite Coronavirus" and recommended going to the movies -- also in March.

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
    "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Can Trump get credit because the actual pandemic was far less severe than the models and predictions?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Agnostic
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Can Trump get credit because the actual pandemic was far less severe than the models and predictions?
    Will Obama get credit for stopping Ebola threat?

83667BAF-480F-4AF7-80E7-A5DD92525353.jpeg

F543EBEC-046A-4D09-B333-DDBABE0A0FF2.jpeg

There’s always a tweet with this knucklehead.

Faith
    unbeliever
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Comparing US versus EU

US VS EU.jpg

Up to the beginning of April, the US was doing pretty much the same as the EU in terms of the covid-19, but since then, the US is doing terribly.

5. Amen Whateverman amen'd this post.
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by whag View Post
    Will Obama get credit for stopping Ebola threat?
    If you want.
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by little_monkey View Post
    Comparing US versus EU

US VS EU.jpg

Up to the beginning of April, the US was doing pretty much the same as the EU in terms of the covid-19, but since then, the US is doing terribly.
    I remind people of that the number of cases is not of much importance. There is no scientific significance unless there is a universal rate of deaths tied to the number of cases -- which has not been possible yet (if ever). The numbers to track are the daily deaths per million population and the available icu beds in localities. I rely on a French study that said 4% of hospitalized cases went to ICU. So, in the Dallas County numbers I provided days ago, there would have to be 6000 hospitalized cases to fill up the available ICU beds -- so this was the number to watch.

Faith
    unbeliever
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by mikewhitney View Post
    I remind people of that the number of cases is not of much importance. There is no scientific significance unless there is a universal rate of deaths tied to the number of cases -- which has not been possible yet (if ever). The numbers to track are the daily deaths per million population and the available icu beds in localities. I rely on a French study that said 4% of hospitalized cases went to ICU. So, in the Dallas County numbers I provided days ago, there would have to be 6000 hospitalized cases to fill up the available ICU beds -- so this was the number to watch.
    In a sense you're right considering that the CDC has recently declared that the numbers of covid-19 in the US should be 10x what is officially reported. That would make that graph going to the roof... Nevertheless the point is the same: the US is doing terribly compared to the EU (appr. same population, same diversity, etc).

As for ICU beds, Texas, Florida and Alabama are soon to run out...

9. Amen JimL amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by little_monkey View Post
    In a sense you're right considering that the CDC has recently declared that the numbers of covid-19 in the US should be 10x what is officially reported. That would make that graph going to the roof... Nevertheless the point is the same: the US is doing terribly compared to the EU (appr. same population, same diversity, etc).

As for ICU beds, Texas, Florida and Alabama are soon to run out...
    How are things terrible? Are the death rates (per millions), as attributed to coronavirus, worse than death rates in comparable places in the EU?

I posted the Dallas County calculations somewhere. (The necessary data was easy to obtain for doing calculations on Dallas County.) There was no great number of deaths there. If we don't see those numbers increasing, they are okay. If there are specific places to investigate, we can see if there are real problems in those locations.

Each time I check these numbers, they prove near to the flu death rate. New York city was different but I don't think anything there has been common to other locations.
    Last edited by mikewhitney; 06-26-2020 at 12:35 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maranatha View Post
    In reality, little to none.

If I simply must assign blame, then I would assign the direct blame to China, and their Wuhan operations, cover-ups, lies and obfuscations.

If you mean the response, then the whole Corona team shares the blame, and the political leaders of both parties have Corona beer on their hands.

Politically, the left will say he is responsible for everything.
    wow.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    No - because most of the actions that prevented that were taken in opposition to what Trump wanted to happen. And our return to crazy growth is almost 100% tied to his pressure on governors to reopen too soon. Indeed, even today Pence is our there trying to say things are actually rosy and Trump has been continuing to pretend testing is a 'bad' thing. It's just like a twilight zone episode where the leadership of the country is actively trying to get as many people sick as they can. The Trump admin is clueless, inept, and dangerous.
    Last edited by oxmixmudd; 06-26-2020 at 01:01 PM.
    He will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did not do for one of the least of these, you did not do for me."

"So in everything, do to others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets"

13. Amen JimL, whag amen'd this post.