Announcement

Collapse

Prayer Requests and Praise Reports Guidelines

Post your prayers, your words of encouragement, edification and help to another in this thread.

This area is strictly non-debate, all faiths or non-faiths are allowed.

Please keep in mind the rules: here
See more
See less

Generator for FREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cow Poke View Post
    The piping goes up walls, across the attic and down walls.

I'd say most houses in Texas don't have basements, but gas piping doesn't go under the main floor.
    Where do you bury the bodies if you don't have basements? Just feed them to the hogs?

Comment

Originally posted by Sparko View Post
      Where do you bury the bodies if you don't have basements? Just feed them to the hogs?
      I got a shovel and 40 acres -- NOBODY will find the bodies.
      The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

I got a shovel and 40 acres -- NOBODY will find the bodies.
        For a rare T-bone steak Jake might turn on you

I'm always still in trouble again

"You're by far the worst poster on TWeb" and "TWeb's biggest liar" --starlight (the guy who says Stalin was a right-winger)
        "Overall I would rate the withdrawal from Afghanistan as by far the best thing Biden's done" --Starlight
        "Of course, human life begins at fertilization that’s not the argument." --Tassman

Comment

It's installed!!!

Natural Gas won't be hooked up til Wednesday, but everything else is ready to go.

2020-07-09 15.58.21.jpg 2020-07-09 15.58.46.jpg
          The first to state his case seems right until another comes and cross-examines him.

Comment

And that generator powers only part of the house...

Oops never mind...you got a WHOLE house one. Wow, that's smaller than I expected.
            Last edited by DesertBerean; 07-10-2020, 11:34 AM.
            Watch your links! http://www.theologyweb.com/campus/fa...corumetiquette

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post
              Nope - generator powers the WHOLE house, air conditioning, pool, water well, garage, shop... 22kW --- everything.

Comment

Here's how that works....

power distribution.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBerean View Post

Oops never mind...you got a WHOLE house one. Wow, that's smaller than I expected.
                  It's Texas. That wall its against is probably 20 feet high.

Comment

By the way, about a week ago, I managed to have a good conversation with the donor, and told him how very grateful I was, but suggested we needed to replace the carpet in our hallway* at the Church, and our sprinkler system (at the Church) needed major help.

I suggested that money would be well spent there.

Long story short -- my generator is installed, SHOULD be fired up tomorrow (after NG is connected) and paid for by me.

Meanwhile, donor decided to do wood flooring in the hallways instead of carpet, though it was considerably more expensive, but MUCH prettier!!!

2020-07-13 11.36.25.jpg 2020-07-13 11.36.43.jpg

(for this picture, imagine yourself standing at the main entry to the sanctuary, and one hallway runs to the left, to the West parking lot, and the right picture is the hallway running toward the street)

I really do feel a whole lot better about this.

*the carpet was stained beyond cleaning because of all the troubles we had with the roof leaking, and this donor had spent over $100,000 of his own money replacing the roof TWICE, but it's finally FIXED!

Comment

By the way, about a week ago, I managed to have a good conversation with the donor, and told him how very grateful I was, but suggested we needed to replace the carpet in our hallway* at the Church, and our sprinkler system (at the Church) needed major help.

I suggested that money would be well spent there.

Long story short -- my generator is installed, SHOULD be fired up tomorrow (after NG is connected) and paid for by me.

Meanwhile, donor decided to do wood flooring in the hallways instead of carpet, though it was considerably more expensive, but MUCH prettier!!!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]46582[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]46583[/ATTACH]

(for this picture, imagine yourself standing at the main entry to the sanctuary, and one hallway runs to the left, to the West parking lot, and the right picture is the hallway running toward the street)

I really do feel a whole lot better about this.

*the carpet was stained beyond cleaning because of all the troubles we had with the roof leaking, and this donor had spent over $100,000 of his own money replacing the roof TWICE, but it's finally FIXED!
                      Is Jake looking for a place to baptize the new floor?

Comment

That's what I was wondering.........

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Nope - he's a REALLY good boy in that regard - he's just smelling the "new".

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                            That's what I was wondering.........

By the way, this is the Church where I volunteer as a janitor () and, in the left picture, that's my truck you see through the glass doors.

Those pews with the crosses on them were salvaged from a church that had burned down, and are almost 200 years old.
                            (fire started in the baptistry with faulty wiring (as too often happens in older churches) from a baptistry heater, and some folks managed to salvage some items from the building)

Comment

By the way, this is the Church where I volunteer as a janitor () and, in the left picture, that's my truck you see through the glass doors.

Those pews with the crosses on them were salvaged from a church that had burned down, and are almost 200 years old.
                              (fire started in the baptistry with faulty wiring (as too often happens in older churches) from a baptistry heater, and some folks managed to salvage some items from the building)
                              It's great that some of that history was salvaged. Was the church that burned that old, as well? I assume it was, but I've been known to be in error.

Securely anchored to the Rock amid every storm of trial, testing or tribulation.

Comment

Originally posted by mossrose View Post
                                It's great that some of that history was salvaged. Was the church that burned that old, as well? I assume it was, but I've been known to be in error.
                                No, the church building was not that old, the pews had been given to them by a church somewhere in New England.
                                I'll have to look into that some more.

I think the oldest Baptist Church in Texas is about 185 years old, and we have one up the street from us that is where Sam Houston was baptized in the 1850's.
                                The legend is that when Houston was baptized, all the fish down stream died.
                                (he was quite a colorful individual)

Comment