Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

The Biden Gaffe Machine: A Running List Of Joe Bidenís Best Slip-Ups

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I'm more interested in the things Biden argued in the past that were none too friendly to blacks and even gays. If you bring up gaffes because of his obvious cognitive decline, the left will just play the whataboutism game. However, Biden's actual poltical stances on polices draws a much uglier picture for them to deal with.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    I'm more interested in the things Biden argued in the past that were none too friendly to blacks and even gays. If you bring up gaffes because of his obvious cognitive decline, the left will just play the whataboutism game. However, Biden's actual poltical stances on polices draws a much uglier picture for them to deal with.
    Like this?

Will Black Voters Still Love Biden When They Remember Who He Was?
    "Neighbor, how long has it been since youíve had a big, thick, steaming bowl of Wolf Brand Chili?Ē

4. Amen seanD amen'd this post.
    tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Joe Biden drops claim he was arrested seeing Mandela

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-51648166

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)

Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by seanD View Post
    Interesting... Is he playing addled to give his opponents low hanging fruit so they'll overlook the much juicier scandals of his past?
    Some may call me foolish, and some may call me odd
    But I'd rather be a fool in the eyes of man
    Than a fool in the eyes of God

From "Fools Gold" by Petra

Faith
    Unspecified
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Interesting... Is he playing addled to give his opponents low hanging fruit so they'll overlook the much juicier scandals of his past?

Whatever scandals Biden has in his past, they'll make as much difference to his support as Trump's did to his.

Please don't be as out-of-touch with what's going on as conservatives accused liberals of being in 2016.
    Last edited by Whateverman; 06-26-2020 at 04:34 PM.

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whateverman View Post

Whatever scandals Biden has in his past, they'll make as much difference to his support as Trump's did to his.

Please don't be as out-of-touch with what's going on as conservatives accused liberals of being in 2016.
    They're not scandals, genius. They're actual policies he endorsed. He worked with bonafide racists (not the fake out of context Trump tweets, but ACTUAL lawmakers that thought other races were inferior) on segregation polices, and also fought for harsh crime bills. But it's more-so the speeches he gave, one of which he referred to black communities as a "racial jungle." Even though there's a social blackout to keep low information voters away from that information, there are still MSM articles about it. Even Harris and Booker made reference to it, of course, prior to Biden being the nominee.
    "I was the CIA director. We lied, we cheated, we stole, it was like... we had entire training courses. It reminds you of the glory of the American experiment." - Mike Pompeo, Secretary of State (source).

tWebber
    Faith
    Christian
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    I'm telling you, man. The more I delve into this subject, racism (I mean actual racism of the past, not the faux racism of today) has much more visible roots with the left than the right, especially in the polices they endorsed in the past, as well as polices they endorse now, which leads me to believe much of this anti-racism crap they incessantly harp on is just a front, at least in some case when it comes to actual government lawmakers.

Faith
    Atheist
    Amen (Given)
    Amen (Received)
    I think it's safe to assume that Biden is sufficiently old and has sufficient cognitive decline that he won't actually do much, and that his government will be run by the people around him, like with Reagan. So it seems reasonable to assume a Biden administration will be a mix of Dem lobbyists and policy wonks much like the Obama/Biden administration.

Is that better than the current Trump criminal dysfunctional sociopathic radioactive dumpster fire administration? 1000 times yes. A million times yes. A mediocre/bad Biden administration will be a huge improvement on what the US has now.

I don't like Biden's own personal history on policy, but I don't think that will affect things much, or even at all, in his administration, because I don't think it will be him calling the shots. I also think that he, like a lot of dem politicians, understand which way the social winds of change have blown on black and gay issues, and won't try to go back to the policies of an earlier age.